[APP/OPEN SOURCE]Screen Standby ♯ Root [2.0]-Screen off while keeping device active

Search This thread

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
Thanks for your informative reply!
I'm not so sure about game downloading though, for a couple of times my downloads stop or cancel when my screen is off. :(

Went to google up about turning the digitizer off, and found these perfect apps to go along with this awesome app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.argotronic.touchblocker EDIT: Working great for me!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...roid.ScreenTools2&feature=more_from_developer EDIT: Not working for me :(
It'd be great if this app could infuse these functions too which would make it much more useful.
However, I'm not sure if they actually turn the digitizer off (hardware sided) or blocks input (soft-sided) :/ Do you know?

Next version, this feature will be added and selectable in settings list.

Just tested the latest version on my Xperia Sola. Works perfectly.
However, settings panel is giving FC. 'Print debug info' crashes too.
Once again, does this app prevent auto screen off?
EDIT: It does not! Screen still turns off automatically as per usual.

I'm using none of those battery savers, unfortunately. Thanks for the tip though!

Wake-lock and Wifi-lock will be added and selectable in settings list :)

yes ok, i will try that now. reporting in later. :)

Edit: ok deleted cache etc. re-installed a few times now. Using v1.6. Im sure the other people are not looking closely or correctly. If you use the app, it seems the screen goes off. But you have to try it in a complete dark Environment, then you can see that there is still some "backlight" on. The screen is actually little grey-ish instead of black, like it would when its completely off. For example when you hit the standby button it is black, no light at all.

Here is a good Video to show what i mean, it is from Erica on XDA TV: http://youtu.be/uypD7QUgcyM?t=11m10s

There you can see what i mean. The screen is still on otherwise it would be complete black, like it is when you actually really turn off your screen via standby button. So, battery will still be consumed.

Use the fb-method (Persistent blank frame) in settings. If, your device show the grey-ish field, it was because of the LAST-FRAME it was drawn on the screen and shall be fixed in next version. Of course this method still drains more battery than completely phone sleep (CPU and other schedulers are put to idle state, etc) but since this app prevents backlight being off together with disables completely the frame buffer (now phone doesn't have to draw the buffer), it is a battery saver ;).

Here is the log file, this time shaking did not wake the screen up at all.
And thanks for responding to all the issues, this app is gonna be awesome.

Edit: I found a bug on my tablet (acer a500), whenever I press the power button to disable the app and open the lockscreen, first press give a greyish tint screen and second press brings a large grey box just before the lockscreen.
Can anyone confirm this.

Thank you, I figured out the cause to the shaking problem.
About the ACER A500 problem, I have no idea but will investigate into this. It seems to be a minor bug.

-----------------------------
To everyone, you know it is really hard to implement a method that work universally flawlessly, so please be patient and I shall perfect this little app :). Thank everyone for the feedback.

Last edited:

WoodroweBones

Jun 8, 2012
Winnipeg
Just curious about your thoughts on my idea of having the app work using the accelerometer so that once activated placing the phone face down will turn the screen off and then flipping it face up will either put it on it lowest setting or disable it (maybe an option that people can select)?

I am not a programmer so I dont know if its feasible or not but in my mind it seems like a great solution and easy way to use it. Just an idea!

josh030181

Dec 29, 2010
Baltimoe,Md
just updated to 1.6 on my sprint htc evo lte the screen does not come back on when pressing power just the buttons at the bottom light up, was working on 1.5

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
App updated (Oct 21 2012) 1.7 :
- Add wake-lock to setting (prevent screen timeout during screen off) (default: inactive)
- Add wifi-lock to setting (prevent wifi disconnection during screen off) (default: inactive)
- Add auto-handle autobrightness to setting (auto switch to manual brightness during screen off and switch back to whatever it was when the app is disabled) (default: active)
- Add disable-touchscreen to setting (disable digitiser during screenoff) (default: inactive). The status bar is still active because the app notification is there.
- Fix some bugs with shaking and screen off
- Fix fc with log and setting panels

Just curious about your thoughts on my idea of having the app work using the accelerometer so that once activated placing the phone face down will turn the screen off and then flipping it face up will either put it on it lowest setting or disable it (maybe an option that people can select)?
I am not a programmer so I dont know if its feasible or not but in my mind it seems like a great solution and easy way to use it. Just an idea!
Will implement it in next version or as soon as possible :) I saw your idea above already and thanks for that. Great idea.

just updated to 1.6 on my sprint htc evo lte the screen does not come back on when pressing power just the buttons at the bottom light up, was working on 1.5
Sorry to hear that it does not work. Please try the newest version. If it still does not work, post me a log.

nodq

May 22, 2010
Next version, this feature will be added and selectable in settings list.

Wake-lock and Wifi-lock will be added and selectable in settings list :)

Use the fb-method (Persistent blank frame) in settings. If, your device show the grey-ish field, it was because of the LAST-FRAME it was drawn on the screen and shall be fixed in next version. Of course this method still drains more battery than completely phone sleep (CPU and other schedulers are put to idle state, etc) but since this app prevents backlight being off together with disables completely the frame buffer (now phone doesn't have to draw the buffer), it is a battery saver ;).

About the ACER A500 problem, I have no idea but will investigate into this. It seems to be a minor bug.

To everyone, you know it is really hard to implement a method that work universally flawlessly, so please be patient and I shall perfect this little app :). Thank everyone for the feedback.

Ok, i was just wondering if it is the same as MX Player or whatever player does when they mirror my screen/video, it looks kinda the same with this little "backlight" still on then.

Persistent blank frame was on, as it is by default. Messed around with Linux bl_power switch etc. had this grey-ish screen all the time.

But im looking forward to the new version then, thank you for your work.

evilmtv

May 7, 2011
Singapore City
Awesome! That was a really quick update too. Thank you so much for your work.
Some points I'd like to raise though:

- Add disable-touchscreen to setting (disable digitiser during screenoff) (default: inactive). The status bar is still active because the app notification is there.
- Fix fc with log and setting panels

-I think it would be even better if there was an option to completely turn off digitizer (switch off, not disable input) as jjwatmyself has mentioned as it could potentially reap more battery savings. However this has to be paired with another method of turning off the screen i.e. Notification to turn off screen so as to remain on the app (video player etc) and have it playing.
-Settings panel still giving FC! Wiped cache to double confirm it. :/
Is there any way I can produce a log without the in-app method?

mnsk

Aug 12, 2012

Well the app is a bit stable now but still shaking takes a lot of time on my phone to switch on the screen and sometimes I have to touch the screen to wake it up.

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
Ok, i was just wondering if it is the same as MX Player or whatever player does when they mirror my screen/video, it looks kinda the same with this little "backlight" still on then.
Persistent blank frame was on, as it is by default. Messed around with Linux bl_power switch etc. had this grey-ish screen all the time.
But im looking forward to the new version then, thank you for your work.

Which phone are you using? I tested that on HTC One X, Galaxy S2 (borrowed from friend), Nexus S and Motorola Xoom and I can't find that little "backlight" :(

Awesome! That was a really quick update too. Thank you so much for your work.
Some points I'd like to raise though:

-I think it would be even better if there was an option to completely turn off digitizer (switch off, not disable input) as jjwatmyself has mentioned as it could potentially reap more battery savings. However this has to be paired with another method of turning off the screen i.e. Notification to turn off screen so as to remain on the app (video player etc) and have it playing.
-Settings panel still giving FC! Wiped cache to double confirm it. :/
Is there any way I can produce a log without the in-app method?

Well, i guess i could disable the whole digitiser but then, yah, as you say, need another way of turning off. Kinda complicated. I'm think about this.
About the log, I can't find the reason why FC happens with settings / logs. Can you do this for me:
- Install aLogcat from market
- Make the program force close again on settings
- Quickly switch to aLogcat, capture the log then send it to me. Thanks.

Well the app is a bit stable now but still shaking takes a lot of time on my phone to switch on the screen and sometimes I have to touch the screen to wake it up.

Which phone and android version are you using? (it would be better if you can post a log). I can't figure out the problem without specific details :(.

doctor.krotch

Oct 21, 2012
Works on HTC Sensation running ICS by way of Virtuous Inquisition.

How is the progress on a Tasker plugin? Imho, that's the only thing missing atm.

mnsk

Aug 12, 2012

Which phone and android version are you using? (it would be better if you can post a log). I can't figure out the problem without specific details :(.

I am using xperia Neo v with ics 4.0.4 and here's the log.

Attachments

• screenstandby20121021-122844.log.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 8

nodq

May 22, 2010
Which phone are you using? I tested that on HTC One X, Galaxy S2 (borrowed from friend), Nexus S and Motorola Xoom and I can't find that little "backlight" :(

As i said. Galaxy S3, stock rom, rooted of course. It is exactly like it is in the video with Erica showing the screen with some sort of "backlight" not actually backlight but the screen is on, not off, like it is when you press standby button.

And thats the same as some video players do, "dimming" the screen to absolutly minimum but not turning it off completly. you can actually only see it if you do it like Erica in the video, very very dark room and black background behind the phone.

Im just asking because i don't know if there is any difference in your app compared to what some video players do, or if it is "another way" to do it. Or... maybe just a bug that the screen of the S3 does not completely turn off. Or maybe it just isn't possible at all to turn off the S3 screen, i dunno.

But as you said, the "grey-ish" backlight thingy is the last frame used? Will be fixed in next release, right? Lets just see what then happens.

greetings

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
[Tutorial] Making Screen Standby works with Tasker

This tutorial will help you setup tasker to automatically turn off / on screen based on your defined profiles.

Step 1. Download and install my app (only works with version 1.5 and above), then open Tasker, of course
Step 2. Switch to Tasks tab, click on the Add button (plus icon)
Step 3. Type "Screen off" as Name or up to you /* creating action to enable my app to turn off the screen */
Step 4. Click on the Add action button (plus icon)
Step 5. Select Misc -> Send Intent
Step 6. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.ENABLE
(case sensitive)
Step 7. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 8. Add another task
Step 9. Type "Screen on" as Name or up to you /* creating action to disable the app to turn the screen on again */
Step 10. Click on the Add action button
Step 11. Select Misc -> Send Intent
Step 12. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.DISABLE
(case sensitive)
Step 13. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 14 (Optional). Go to Screen Standby -> Menu -> Settings and set all the options you want the app to behave like

Now you can add action "Screen off" and "Screen on" in your Tasker profile. Have fun!

Last edited:

mnsk

Aug 12, 2012
Can you add a feature in the next update to switch off and on the screen by hovering over the proximity sensor, I think it will be much better than shaking the device.

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
Wow, great changes in 1.7. All is still working on the Atrix 4G.

When I enable the Android Developer Option "show touches" and enable your new app feature to Disable touch screen, I see that the digitizer is still collecting input, which makes sense considering that you state the status bar remains active. I'd love a digitizer off option and presenting as a radio with three options:

Touch Digitizer enabled
Touch Digitizer ignored
Touch Digitizer off

Also, I just noticed the wish list on post#1. I can't wait to see the auto enable/disable when hdmi detected!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
Working flawlessly on my Galaxy Nexus, including shake to wake/sleep. Awesome job with this app!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jjwatmyself

Feb 7, 2009
I would like to respectfully request the following features be implemented IMMEDIATELY:

- Donate link on post #1
- Donate link inside app

Also, I continue to think about the auto enable/disable with HDMI link detected and it occurred to me that when we have both display being powered (HDMI mirroring) there is obviously image scaling in order to deal with differing native resolutions for the dual active displays. If we are saying that when we do HDMI mirroring, that we want to turn the LCD off, therefore making the HDMI primary, what are the things we can do to optimize to the display and eliminate the overhead from all this pixel/image scaling? All of this of course takes me down the road of how the UI then changes, when you configure Android for big screens. Enter "Tablet UI". Link to my tutorial for everything I know about flipping your phone into tablet UI below. For the record, I have not done any work to eliminate screen scaling over HDMI yet.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1876790

evilmtv

May 7, 2011
Singapore City
Well, i guess i could disable the whole digitiser but then, yah, as you say, need another way of turning off. Kinda complicated. I'm think about this.
About the log, I can't find the reason why FC happens with settings / logs. Can you do this for me:
- Install aLogcat from market
- Make the program force close again on settings
- Quickly switch to aLogcat, capture the log then send it to me. Thanks.

Attached! Sorry so late, couldn't get a chance to use the PC.
The earlier file is the FC log for settings.
The later file is the FC log for Saving Log.
Cheers.
Notes: Xperia Sola Stock GB

Attachments

• alogcat.2012-10-21-17-46-33+0800.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 24
  • alogcat.2012-10-21-17-46-58+0800.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 7

WoodroweBones

Jun 8, 2012
Winnipeg
I would like to respectfully request the following features be implemented IMMEDIATELY:

- Donate link on post #1
- Donate link inside app

Also, I continue to think about the auto enable/disable with HDMI link detected and it occurred to me that when we have both display being powered (HDMI mirroring) there is obviously image scaling in order to deal with differing native resolutions for the dual active displays. If we are saying that when we do HDMI mirroring, that we want to turn the LCD off, therefore making the HDMI primary, what are the things we can do to optimize to the display and eliminate the overhead from all this pixel/image scaling? All of this of course takes me down the road of how the UI then changes, when you configure Android for big screens. Enter "Tablet UI". Link to my tutorial for everything I know about flipping your phone into tablet UI below. For the record, I have not done any work to eliminate screen scaling over HDMI yet.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1876790

I think there is already a donate link in the app... its the one that says to buy him a coffee.

Image scaling would be tough as he supports multiple phones. The GNex outputs 720p which is the same as the screen on the phone so no scaling is really necessary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP/OPEN SOURCE]Screen Standby ♯ Root [2.0]-Screen off while keeping device active

SCREEN STANDBY ♯ ROOT 2.0
    TURN OFF SCREEN AND AVOID OVERHEATING PROBLEM FROM PROLONGED STREAMING/GAMING OVER HDMI / MHL | DOWNLOADING DATA OVER WIFI
    SAVE YOUR SCREEN AND BATTERY WHILE PHONE IS STILL RUNNING!
    OPEN SOURCE!
    AUTO SCREEN OFF / ON WITH HDMI CONNECTION / DISCONNECTION

Git Repo: https://github.com/nkahoang/screenstandby

promonew_xda_zpsbfbcbdd2.png

Remote Controller Feature - Public Review
    remoteBanner_zps56ef2600.png

Setting Wizard
    settingwizard_zps62df3a35.png

Search Plugin
    searchplugin_zpsc15ab8ca.png

Selectable UI
    toggleui_zpsa8d122ab.png

Outgoing call automator
    automator_zpse7d250b0.png

TURN YOUR SCREEN INTO TOUCHPAD, NO NEED FOR BUYING AN EXTERNAL MOUSE!​
    REMOTE CONTROLLER FEATURE!​
    SCREEN STANDBY IS NOW LIVE ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE!
    The app is published under the name "Screen Standby ♯ Root"

INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone,
    This is originally for HTC One X, however, I have ported it to the Galaxy Nexus and now it could work on all devices! (Galaxy S3 / Moto Razr / etc). "Screen Standby" will completely turn off the backlight while keeping the phone running for MHL / HDMI streaming|gaming. That means you can now watch movie / play games on big screen and can still turn off the screen (touch screen still works!).

ROOT REQUIRED (Non-root method also available but not as effective & battery saving as root)

FEATURES
    - Switch off the screen temporarily without actually putting the phone into 'sleep mode'. The phone is still running! It saves your battery, avoids heating to prolong battery life
    - Since 1.96, screen can be optionally turned into touchpad!
    - It has a nice little widget that let you quickly turn the screen off from your homescreen
    - Since version 1.5 beta 2, shaking your device will temporarily toggle between complete screen off and lowest brightness level (so that you can perform quick action without playing a blind guessing game)
    - Non-root method now available with 1.98 Beta 7
    - One two dimmer: Turn off screen automatically after an idling time (no user interaction)
    - Simple interface

WHY?

This little app will temporarily turn off screen backlight, however, unlike putting the phone to sleep, the phone is kept running. It is perfect for keeping the phone from heating from prolonged HDMI streaming over Medialink HD or MHL connection (the screen is off yet image/movie/games continue to be streamed) / or wifi data downloading, etc.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

It attempts to perform various actions (cutting screen voltage / brightness / light switch / writing a blank image to frame buffer, etc)
    (Since 1.5, the voltage method is temporarily disabled)
    For some devices, the screen may shutter a bit if Automatic Brightness is turned on. However, the app will automatically detect it and put the backlight into sleep again. So if you want to avoid the problem, set Automatic Brightness to false.. Since 1.7, enable auto brightness handling in app setting helps preventing this flickering

HOW TO TURN ON THE SCREEN AGAIN?
    + Click on the app notification on your status bar (since version 1.3) or
    + Simply put the phone into true sleep (short press power button) then turn it on (power button again)
    + Temporarily lid the light a bit by shaking the device (since 1.5b2, enable it in Menu -> Settings)
    + If you can't turn on using any of the above methods, press emergency button (in main app interface) to turn on / or use 2 by 1 widget

SCREENSHOTS (Updated for version v1.97)

ss001_resized_zps6e8366ab.jpg
    ss002_resized_zps69f173f3.jpg
    ss003_resized_zpse4c7e153.jpg

Installation
    Install as normal apk :) No big deal
    Remember, install and use as your own risk, even though I can't think of any damage this little app can cause to your phone

Changelogs:
    ßeta 2 Changelog:
    Add toggable UI: Metro and Android Dark Holo (in Settings -> Extra)
    New feature: Outgoing call automator !

First ßeta Changelog:
    - New! Setting Wizard to help user quickly and easily set up Screen Standby. Simply select your known-supported device (the list is expanding!
    Please help me) and your use-case (Streaming movie / Playing ingress / Playing Youtube etc) and the wizard will automatically select the optimised preset for you!
    - New! Screen Standby Search Plugin to help automate Screen Standby from Search key (long press search hardware-key or softkey) or Google Now gesture (swipe up from Home softkey on Jellybean device). The plugin can now open Screen Standby interface, activate / deactivate / toggle screen off or launch Remote Controller
    - Added better Root & BusyBox checker and helper
    - Added new Tasker intent to control screen standby:
    com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.TOGGLE : to toggle screen on and off automatically
    com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.REMOTE_CONTROL: to launch Remote Control from tasker
    - Added new option to broadcast an intent to Tasker when HDMI is detected (go to my app's settings -> HDMI Detection -> Enable broadcast on HDMI Connection/Disconnection. Specify intent action (case-sensitive) for each case. Go to tasker, add New System Event -> Intent Received, type exactly the action intent you provided in Screen Standby). The best part is, HDMI Intent can also be broadcast without activating Screen Standby (yeah, so you can use SS as a HDMI sensor for tasker)
    - Added ability to use Remote Controller with Wifi-Direct (if a warning message is shown, just click 'Continue Anyway')
    Optimizations:
    - Continued optimisation for Nexus 4
    - Added wake-lock to One Two Dimmer
    - Slightly tuned sensors

From user report:
    Normally, with the same amount of time watching movie, battery drain drops from 30% down to just 2%!!!!!!!!!!!

Please report bugs / feedbacks / suggestions.
    To help me solving your issue faster, since version 1.31, you may want to open the app, hit "Menu" key -> Print debug info. It will then generates a log file containing the required information. Please send that file over pm to me. Thank you

Special thanks to:
    - ppmeis (helps with S2, now S3 / Transformer and lots of other stuffs)
    - winsettr (helps with Galaxy Nexus compatibility and constant reports)
    - mnsk (helps with his Sony and Iconia)
    - cocatriz (helps with S2)
    - TheDarkLux (helps with Galaxy S3)
    - evilmtv (helps with problems on GB devices)

Coffee buyers:
    Styles Vancleave
    - agronick from AppRadio / ARLiberator forum
    - jjwatmyself (and also thanks for his mention of my app on his thread)
    - jdbaldi
    - jhanson
    - MichaelMotes
    Youtube clip:
    - Doctor.Krouch

Tutorial: Setup app to work with tasker / Llama
    Follow the instruction of this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=92 (Tasker)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=565 (Llama, thank Buzzthebuzzsaw)

DOWNLOAD
    Stable version of app can be downloaded in attachments section on through Google Play Store. In addition, this thread will receive beta / experimental build in the future.

Archived build (1.1 to 1.96) can be downloaded from here
    [Tutorial] Making Screen Standby works with Tasker

This tutorial will help you setup tasker to automatically turn off / on screen based on your defined profiles.

Step 1. Download and install my app (only works with version 1.5 and above), then open Tasker, of course
    Step 2. Switch to Tasks tab, click on the Add button (plus icon)
    Step 3. Type "Screen off" as Name or up to you /* creating action to enable my app to turn off the screen */
    Step 4. Click on the Add action button (plus icon)
    Step 5. Select Misc -> Send Intent
    Step 6. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.ENABLE
    (case sensitive)
    Step 7. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 8. Add another task
    Step 9. Type "Screen on" as Name or up to you /* creating action to disable the app to turn the screen on again */
    Step 10. Click on the Add action button
    Step 11. Select Misc -> Send Intent
    Step 12. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.DISABLE
    (case sensitive)
    Step 13. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 14 (Optional). Go to Screen Standby -> Menu -> Settings and set all the options you want the app to behave like

Now you can add action "Screen off" and "Screen on" in your Tasker profile. Have fun!
    Screen Standby is now OPEN SOURCE

Hi everyone, sorry for the long long response. Many things happened and I'm extremely sorry for any issues and lack of my feedback.

Today, I finally have some free time and open sourced Screen Standby to everyone under GNU GPL v2 license

Every developer will be able to access the codebase of the app for the first time (with screen off, remoting, HDMI, everything!) and contribute directly to it. I would like to apologize for being late in open sourcing the app. I recognise my biggest problem was the ambitious of making the app compatible with all devices, which did prove that it is an impossible task. Screen Standby is too hardware specific and I, myself cannot maintain it to work on all devices.

The app should be able to compatible with 4.4 devices (4.3 device please wait for an update to 4.4)

Github repository is at the following URL:
    https://github.com/nkahoang/screenstandby

If the app is not working on your devices, please ask your device developer to contribute in the app project. I, myself, will contribute in the following devices:
    - Google Nexus 4 (4.0+)
    - Google Nexus 5 (4.4+)
    - Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 (4.4+, which is broken as I dropped it after having it for about 1 month... )

Cheers and glory to Open Source community
    promo_xda_newyear_zps97da5785.png

New year Release: 1.99 R2
    - Add new feature: "Auto app detection". If enabled, this feature will turn off screen when the selected app is launched (Youtube, Ingress, MX Player, etc) and screen will be turned on again if none of the selected app is active. Select up to 4 apps, disabled by default.
    - Much much better One Two Dim. The handler is completely rewritten and should be more stable and battery friendly
    - Attempt to fix Nexus 10 bugs
    - Squash some small bugs

I would like to thank you to Styles Vancleave with his very generous donation that is enough to buy me more than a year worth of daily coffee. It greatly helps further development of this app. Thanks again!
    Everyone, I would like to make an announcement
    fanfare.play();

SCREEN STANDBY IS NOW LIVE ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE!
    The app is published under the name "Screen Standby ♯ Root" with version v1.75 (also updated on this thread), which has the following changelogs:

- New icon !!!
    - Proximity sensor (experimental, please test for me! )
    - Even better stability & faster off time
    - I also implemented an ads banner with this (don't worry guy, there is an option in Settings to turn it off :highfive:.)

Both XDA Thread and Google Play will receive constant update from me (for those who don't use Google Service can download the app directly from this thread). Moreover, XDA Thread will receive more frequent update (like what I have been doing)

Please spend time checking it out and give me some reviews :p It would encourage me a lot in further development of the app.

--------------------

One more thing, as I mentioned, my MHL adapter is broken. So can anyone with MHL adapter make a short Youtube demonstration clip for this little app so that I could add it to the Google Play page? I would be very very grateful.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to everyone for helping me. Without you, this app is still a lost orphan thread sinking down somewhere in XDA.

CHEERS!