Changing boot logo (logo.bin) program

Search This thread

sihag

Dec 26, 2011
Jaipur
That I can do myself but the prob is I cant fond logo.bin anywhere in my boot.img system.img or elsewhere, than where to direct flashing am suspicious about. Can u specify any particular location or locations? Is it there in your ROM? If yes than where?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Do you have root access? If so, you can backup your logo.bin by running the following command:
Code:
dd if=/dev/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin

After that, grab it from the sdcard and work with it as you want. ;)

desalesouche

Feb 6, 2012
hi.if i have no logo.bin file no possibility to port one ? device concerned=huawei u 8230 kernel 32
thank you

Brack64

Sep 24, 2012
Maracaibo
lo.bin

Created an update.zip by the method and flashed it too but nothing changed :crying:.
Desperately wanna change Lenovo boot logo..
Any Ideas?
zip file attached..

Hi guys, I need for my S5830i logo.bin Galaxy Ace. Can someone upload it?
BTW. i wan s3 images. Thnx very much in advanced.

Last edited:

addictz10

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for this...

thanks for this TS

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

ahh.. does this work in a mt6573 phone?? like micromax a45??

Siputih

Apr 11, 2013
Working superbly on Z 950H that is running MTK 6589...confirmed !
Thank TS for your brilliant work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    I've created a little program, It can make new logo.bin with recovery update.zip for Mediatek based phones.

1) LogoBuilder

Program page

Update 11.03.2015 (version 1.6)
    1) Added 32bit color depth support (MTK67xx platform)
    2) Enchanced image size autodetect algorithm
    3) Transited to .NET Framework 4.0.

Update 17.05.2014 (version 1.5.1)
    1) Added vertical scrollbar in main window;
    2) Double click on image opens it in default program;
    3) Added full path edit in folder browser dialog.

Update 04.05.2014 (version 1.5)
    1) Fixed bug with ignoring unknown blocks;
    2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
    3) Now you can edit single image size right in created project;
    4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
    5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
    6) Added Portuguese (thanks to Typhus_).
    7) Added Italian (thanks to bovirus (bovirusatgmailcom))

How to use:
    1) Click "Create project".
    2) Select your original logo.bin file and new project folder
    3) Edit project images as you wish.
    4) Click "Make" (new logo.bin and update.zip for recovery will be created)
    5) Flash new logo.bin via any flashing tool or update.zip via recovery.

Where can I get logo.bin?
    I know at least two ways to find your logo.bin.
    1) The first and the easiest one is to get it from original flashtool firmware.
    f71634b0d2df2320f3be97afc0bd862c.png

2) You can get it with "dd" command
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/logo of=/sdcard/logo.bin bs=3145728 count=1
    Make sure you runnig this code with root privilegies.

Current languages are:
    Russian
    English
    Spanish
    Simplified Chinese
    Portuguese
    Italian

-------------
    2) LogoBuilder UNPACKED
    One more LogoBuilder program feature (kind of beta version)...
    I've received a logo.bin file (from Freelander PD10), that has some different format. Its images are not packed at all. So here is the "Unpacked" version of LogoBuilder.
    It does not make Update.zip and has only English language.

-------------
    3) Gif2Bootanimation
    One more little program. It can make bootanimation.zip file from a GIF file.
    Update 04.05.2014 (version 1.5)
    1) Fixed bug with ignoring unknown blocks;
    2) New image size changing dialog (now you can just scroll mouse wheel to get your image). So that awful dialog with three buttons is deprecated;
    3) Now you can edit single image size right in created project;
    4) Added new sizes to Sizes.txt (but who cares now, in consideration of second paragraph);
    5) Added supportedRuntime. Now program can start in any .NET Framework veresion (starting from 2.0);
    6) Added Portuguese (thanks to Typhus_).

You can download new version from the first post of this topic.
    Working

Hello ankadnikov,

thanks alot my friend for taking the time to develop this tool.. amazing job for the Unpack-er logobuilder version.

I confirm that it's working. the: LogoBuilder_Unpacked.zip is the one working to extract the 4 images out of the .Bin file format, but it doesn't work with the .Img file format, don't know what's wrong there with the .img format..!

also the Unpacked version would make back a logo.bin file which I assume would create a new logo.bin out of the new images u would replace in case u would change the logo images inside the original file, so once replaced u can click on MAKE and it'll create the: logo.bin file so later on u can flash it to your PD10.

as for the: LogoBuilder_v1.1.zip, well I havent tried it yet as I was out and just came home now and about to go get some sleep and will try it in the morning or afternoon.

here is a Picture for the Unpacked version of the logo builder with 4 images extracted:

unpacked-4images.jpg

will try to add more info later on when I try to replace the images and when I try to flash it to the PD10 .. couldn't just go to sleep without coming to try and to say: Thank you Kadan. :good:
    Hi.

I'm having troubles unpacking a peculiar logo.bin.. LogoBuilder throws a couple of warnings and if I ignore and proceed it gets unpacked, however after modifying images, repacking and flashing to the device it doesn't work (just a black screen).

Could someone please take a look? (*was already searching but could not find it yet - is there a "format description" (of logo.bin contents) floating around?)

Tnx in advance.

The program has a bug with ignoring block sizes. To avoid it you should recreate the project after you press ignore button in unknown size dialog.
    The new release with this bug fixed will be issued in a few days.

Sent from my ThL W8 using XDA Free mobile app
    New version released.