[Q] Unable to re-unlock the bootloader

Search This thread

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
how do you open ticket for help on htc dev please?

Go to this page and fill in the form: http://www.htcdev.com/contact

you'll then receive an email from contact_us@htc.com and will be asked to provide information about the following questions:
* Type of Computer (PC or MAC):
* OS Version on Computer:
* Browser Type and Version:
* Serial Number of Device:
* Hboot version on device (Found on the HBoot screen):
* Software Number on Device:
* Email used to register on HTCDev.com:

Then they'll ask you your availabilities with phone number so they can escalate the problem. That whole email exchange took a week to do so I would highly suggest you provide all the answers for the questions above + availabilities in the form you're going to fill in. That will save you a week or so.

Reactions: SleemLDJ

SleemLDJ

Nov 11, 2011
London

you'll then receive an email from contact_us@htc.com and will be asked to provide information about the following questions:

Then they'll ask you your availabilities with phone number so they can escalate the problem. That whole email exchange took a week to do so I would highly suggest you provide all the answers for the questions above + availabilities in the form you're going to fill in. That will save you a week or so.

This is how contact_us@htc.com replied me. This is after filling out the form on htcdev.com.

" Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC One.

My name is Helena and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your HTC device.

Unfortunately we don't support bootloader unlock, as perfoming this will break the warranty. You might want to visit http://www.htcdev.com/ for support.

Should you require additional support please reply using the link below and confirm the following details.

Full Name:
Address:
Contact Numbers:
IMEI (Found by dialling *#06# from your keypad or in the back of your phone):"

These dudes are funny.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
This is how contact_us@htc.com replied me. This is after filling out the form on htcdev.com.

Unfortunately we don't support bootloader unlock, as perfoming this will break the warranty. You might want to visit http://www.htcdev.com/ for support.

Should you require additional support please reply using the link below and confirm the following details.

Full Name:
Address:
Contact Numbers:

These dudes are funny.

Hahaha. What a bunch of yo-yo's. When/if they call me I'll take notes of every single steps and will put them on this thread...

Can't believe they told you they don't support unlocking bootloader and that it will void the warranty, especially since they offer it on the htcdev website.

Reactions: SleemLDJ

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
Just got a reply from HTC:

My name is Jauna and I'm with the HTC Tier 3 Escalations - Special Projects team. I have received your escalation # SXXXXXXXX, where you are having trouble unlocking the bootloader of your HTC One. If you are still experiencing this trouble, I will be happy to help as much as possible. Please reply to this email with the first 6 lines of text on your Hboot screen. Once I have this information, we can proceed with the process. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

sToRm1nG

I had the same issue (GPE RUU flashed and then tried to go back to stock). I flashed the firmware.zip of the OTA for Vodafone (1.29.161.11).

Everything was successful but I relocked the bootloader before flashing the firmware.zip.
After that I had no possibilities to do an unlock (it always stated that it was successfully unlocked but the flag was still relocked after reboot)... I then solved the problem by reflashing the GPE RUU. After that I was able to unlock it again.

I have no idea on what caused this issue.

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
Got an email again from support yesterday asking my availability. They should give me a call this weekend and he'll try to flash again the firmware. No idea which one since no RUU is available for my version of M7. Will post back info once I get the call

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have an Australian unbranded HTC one (for which no known RUU seem to be floating around). I'm S-on with Hboot 1.54. And was hoping to use the Rumrunner exploit to S-off

I've previously had the bootloader unlocked and relocked it again. However since I've taken an OTA I've been unable to unlock the bootloader again using the method on HTC dev.

The unlock_code.bin is pushed (although says 0kB) and it is checked successfully. However then nothing happens. No screen to ask if you want to unlock the bootloader.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
Cheers

Got an email again from support yesterday asking my availability. They should give me a call this weekend and he'll try to flash again the firmware. No idea which one since no RUU is available for my version of M7. Will post back info once I get the call

Don't know if you guys solved the problem, but I just read this: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47363868&postcount=8

Keep us posted

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
SOLVED!

Had a call from HTC yesterday. He connected remotely to my PC with Logmein123 and then he downloaded the RUU for my Telus M7. Since the RUU wasn't available anywhere I could not have done it myself even though I know how RUU commandes work. So he tried copying the file on my internal memory but it failed every time, we tried from different computers with the same result, not sure if related to an issue with my firmware. Anyway, I then proposed to him that we do push it using ADB but he didn't know how to do it and ask me to do it. ADB wasn't working for an unkown reason, maybe something to do with the firmware.. So I proposed to flash it in RUU mode, he then went to check his notes and copy/pasted the commands to flash it. I could tell he didn't really know what he was doing (it seemed like I had done much more times than him hehe). Anyway after flashing the RUU signed for my carrier, he had to disconnect remotely since they are now allow to see you unlock the phone (no idea why), I then used the All in One toolkit to get my bootloader information, pasted it on the HTCDev website and pushed the unlock.bin I got in my emails and... tadadam... I got the screen on my phone asking me if I wanted to unlock the phone, which is the problem I had since I had updated to firmware 3.22.661.1 (4.3) using the OTA.

So, all that to say, it seems like the OTA I had screwed my phone somehow. Flashing the RUU was the solution, I only needed to have the firmware. If the RUU for your version isn't available, I suggest you either contact HTC or your carrier.

tfouto

Jun 12, 2007
How can i relock or lock my phone if the computer dont recognize the phone. I am sending back my phone, because my phone is not charging and it wont connect to computer.

I cant make any fastboot or adb command...

stoned99

Aug 14, 2010
How can i relock or lock my phone if the computer dont recognize the phone. I am sending back my phone, because my phone is not charging and it wont connect to computer.

I cant make any fastboot or adb command...

Could it only be failing to recognize it because of bad drivers or usb port? For some reasons my front usb ports wouldn't recognize anymore my phone even though a light on the phone was indicating that it was charging. I plugged them on the back of my desktop and tadadam... Windows 8 recognized again my phone and commands would work again

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cali0028

Feb 1, 2006
Atlanta
Same issue

So I am having this issue.

History:
It's an AT&T phone that was converted to Google Dev edition. It has s-off and bootloader was unlocked. So i wanted to flash the AT&T 4.4.2 so i had locked the bootloader and some how it has s-on now.

So now my device is s-on with bootloader locked and no recovery installed other than the stock kitkat recovery. When I try to run the RUU it fails.
When I try to unlock the bootloader it pushes the files but I don't get the popup screen on the phone to unlock.

I've tried different pc, usb ports, re-downloaded the unlock_code.bin.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also where is the fastboot options in kikkat 4.4.2?

radkibbles

Jun 15, 2018
One last thing I thought about, if the above doesn't work is try locking it again; maybe it's stuck somewhere half way in between. maybe locking it again "fastboot oem lock" and then trying again could release whatever is hanging.

Good luck

i love u man thanks so much i have been triying so much time to solve this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Sense
    Stock recovery
    HTC_039

One last thing I thought about, if the above doesn't work is try locking it again; maybe it's stuck somewhere half way in between. maybe locking it again "fastboot oem lock" and then trying again could release whatever is hanging.

Good luck
    USB Debugging has no effect in fastboot as it's to do with ADB
    if you get any response from then kindly let us know how it goes?

sure. Will do
    how do you open ticket for help on htc dev please?

* Type of Computer (PC or MAC):
    * OS Version on Computer:
    * Browser Type and Version:
    * Serial Number of Device:
    * Hboot version on device (Found on the HBoot screen):
    * Software Number on Device:
    * Email used to register on HTCDev.com:

Full Name:
    Address:
    Contact Numbers:

These dudes are funny.

Hahaha. What a bunch of yo-yo's. When/if they call me I'll take notes of every single steps and will put them on this thread...

Can't believe they told you they don't support unlocking bootloader and that it will void the warranty, especially since they offer it on the htcdev website.