[Find7][X900x][X907x] ROOT method with OPPO Recovery Stock - ColorOS 1.2.2i & 1.2.3i

Search This thread

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
[Find7][X900x][X907x] ROOT method with OPPO Recovery Stock - ColorOS 1.2.2i & 1.2.3i

How to ROOT your OPPO Find7a with the Oppo Recovery Stock ?

Warning: Note: No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device.

X9007 = Chinese TD-LTE support // X9006 = EU FDD-LTE or US FDD-LTE support

How to get ROOT ColorOS v1.2.2i ?

1. Download this File -->> Find7_ROOT4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip

2. Copy/Paste it in your phone on your root folder

3. Turn Off your phone

4. Simultaneously press the buttons ' power ' and 'volume down ' until you feel a vibration.

5. Your phone will reboot into recovery mode. ( Should be the OPPO recovery ! )

6. Select ' Choose English ' & Install zip file

7. Then choose the zip file that you have downloaded in step 1 & valid installation.

8. Congratulations, your device is now Rooted

NOTE :

If you get this error message after processing ROOT -->> "Wmjan_Gms_4.3 does not install (installation failed)" then Flash this file by the same way that you have rooted your device.

-->> Find7_GMS4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip <<--

Installation Video by "TK" XDA Developer TV Producer

[11-07-2014 UPDATE Thread] How to get ROOT with ColorOS v1.2.3i on X9076/X9077/X9007/X9006

Download :

1) Official Recovery Mod from Kedros[ (custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP stopped working on this build in X9076)

2) Oppo Root from KedrosOppo Root from Kedros (SuperSU 2.01 apears to be not working)

Steps by step to root:

1. Run fastboot mode on you phone and plug it to PC.

2. Flash recovery "Recovery Mod from Kedros" using prompt command like above 1.2.2i, but here with :

Code:
fastboot flash recovery x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

3. Do not turn off your phone, instead of this PRESS VOLUME DOWN + POWER and enter in new recovery.

4. Flash from new recovery "Oppo Root from Kedros" (flashing simillar to 1.2.2i rooting the phone)

5. Enjoy ! Your OPPO is rooted ! :)

Issue : SuperSU 2.01 doesn't work.

Credits & Thanks

@karben
@Kedros
@TK "XDA Developer TV Producer"
@Jimmy MCGee

Last edited:

jgunna405

Mar 2, 2010
Thx, Is the only difference the fact we don't have to use the computer to root?

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Free mobile app

boogie2001

Aug 19, 2013
How is this different than rooting via CL and installing custom recovery like TWRP? Can you have both?

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

morphius1966

Aug 29, 2013
Root method not working. Build version X9006_12_140419.
Anyone else this is failing for?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Disregard, i did not read the correctly (yes, foot in mouth!) :silly: I downloaded the optional file if Find7_ROOT4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip failed... Phone rooted: waiting for official CWM :laugh:

Reactions: scumpicule

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Disregard, i did not read the correctly (yes, foot in mouth!) :silly: I downloaded the optional file if Find7_ROOT4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip failed... Phone rooted: waiting for official CWM :laugh:

Hello

Tks for tour feedback ;)

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
How is this different than rooting via CL and installing custom recovery like TWRP? Can you have both?

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This package is signed such that it will flash in stock recovery.

If you install a custom recovery (which allows you to flash ZIPs signed with keys other than the manufacturer's) you may as well just flash SuperSU

Fun fact: Many ICS releases for the Samsing I9100, I777, and N7000 allowed flashing of ZIPs signed with testkeys using their stock recovery. So you could flash SuperSU on stock recovery with those devices/releases. :) Samsung's gingerbread and JB releases didn't allow this.

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
This package is signed such that it will flash in stock recovery.

If you install a custom recovery (which allows you to flash ZIPs signed with keys other than the manufacturer's) you may as well just flash SuperSU

Fun fact: Many ICS releases for the Samsing I9100, I777, and N7000 allowed flashing of ZIPs signed with testkeys using their stock recovery. So you could flash SuperSU on stock recovery with those devices/releases. :) Samsung's gingerbread and JB releases didn't allow this.

Thanks for the explications :good:

Video installation added ;)

Last edited:

boogie2001

Aug 19, 2013
Does anyone know where one could find the Oppo stock recovery? I flashed TWRP on my 7a and would like to go back to Oppo's recovery so I can flash beta 2.0.

boogie2001

Aug 19, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How to ROOT your OPPO Find7a with the Oppo Recovery Stock ?

Warning: Note: No one but yourself is responsible for what you do to your device.

X9007 = Chinese TD-LTE support // X9006 = EU FDD-LTE or US FDD-LTE support

How to get ROOT ColorOS v1.2.2i ?

1. Download this File -->> Find7_ROOT4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip

2. Copy/Paste it in your phone on your root folder

3. Turn Off your phone

4. Simultaneously press the buttons ' power ' and 'volume down ' until you feel a vibration.

5. Your phone will reboot into recovery mode. ( Should be the OPPO recovery ! )

6. Select ' Choose English ' & Install zip file

7. Then choose the zip file that you have downloaded in step 1 & valid installation.

8. Congratulations, your device is now Rooted

NOTE :

If you get this error message after processing ROOT -->> "Wmjan_Gms_4.3 does not install (installation failed)" then Flash this file by the same way that you have rooted your device.

-->> Find7_GMS4.3_bbs.oppo.cn.zip <<--

Installation Video by "TK" XDA Developer TV Producer

[11-07-2014 UPDATE Thread] How to get ROOT with ColorOS v1.2.3i on X9076/X9077/X9007/X9006

Download :

1) Official Recovery Mod from Kedros[ (custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP stopped working on this build in X9076)

2) Oppo Root from KedrosOppo Root from Kedros (SuperSU 2.01 apears to be not working)

Steps by step to root:

1. Run fastboot mode on you phone and plug it to PC.

2. Flash recovery "Recovery Mod from Kedros" using prompt command like above 1.2.2i, but here with :

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery x9077-official-recovery-mod.img

3. Do not turn off your phone, instead of this PRESS VOLUME DOWN + POWER and enter in new recovery.

4. Flash from new recovery "Oppo Root from Kedros" (flashing simillar to 1.2.2i rooting the phone)

5. Enjoy ! Your OPPO is rooted ! :)

Issue : SuperSU 2.01 doesn't work.

Credits & Thanks

@karben
    @Kedros
    @TK "XDA Developer TV Producer"
    @Jimmy MCGee

has anyone try this on build number X9006_12_14_06_05 ? also what's the worst case scenario if this method failed?

already tried and tested, works flawlessly
    Found out on another site it does work.
    Phew, that's a relief. Had my new phone a whole hour without root.... Longest that's ever been...:p:laugh:
    Also found that this file flashed through stock recovery gives you all the Google apps if you get the chinese variant, I believe the X9076 shouldn't require this... - www.megafileupload.com/en/file/540593/Find7-GMS4-3-bbs-oppo-cn-zip.html

Thank you Suyi from Oppo forums for that...

Now to find a custom recovery and start flashing......:D

Never know, might be goodbye Samsung if this hits the right note, will now I'm not stuck using chinese app store with all tags in a language I can't read....
    Thx, Is the only difference the fact we don't have to use the computer to root?

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes & requires OPPO Recovery Stock Too
    Can i flash this via stock recovery with color os v1.2.9i version? Btw my model is x9006. Thanks..