[Q] Safestrap compatible roms with NC4?

Search This thread

unholybacon

Jan 11, 2014
Is anyone aware of safestrap roms that work with NC4? I'm having trouble finding a list or anything...

JBHawaii

Mar 30, 2012
Honolulu
None of the current roms worked for me. (Stock TW KK 4.4.2 NC4 OTA) Rooted /w busybox, safestrap, and super su binary installed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

meaux86

Dec 23, 2013
sandpoint
Hope it helps

No I was on NC 2. Downloaded and flashed jasmin rom and rebooted into Odin (download mode) and loaded nc4 firmware thru Odin 3.09

bhauver

May 5, 2012
Lutz
I was on NC4, no luck finding anything that is working (including Jasmine). Install seems to go OK, but when I reboot the screen stays off.

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston
None of the current roms worked for me. (Stock TW KK 4.4.2 NC4 OTA) Rooted /w busybox, safestrap, and super su binary installed.

How did you install super su?

I'm sure the answer will embarrass the **** out of me

Never mind after the 9th attempt it finally stuck

Last edited:

JBHawaii

Mar 30, 2012
Honolulu

You can download & install SuperSU from playstore...

Open SuperSU it will prompt you that the binary needs to be installed, click ok! It will then say failed and give the option to install it via cmw or twrp click ok! The system will now reboot to the stock recovery, exit out and reboot to safestrap. Once in safestrap choose install and go to "/cache/recovery" and select "update.zip" swipe to flash then reboot to system. Open SuperSU and now it should be working.

Lmk if this works for you...

Last edited:
Reactions: ROB281

ROB281

Apr 8, 2010
Houston

Open SuperSU it will prompt you that the binary needs to be installed, click ok! It will then say failed and give the option to install it via cmw or twrp click ok! The system will now reboot to the stock recovery, exit out and reboot to safestrap. Once in safestrap choose install and go to "/cache/recovery" and select "update.zip" swipe to flash then reboot to system. Open SuperSU and now it should be working.

That fixed it, thanks

Eddie Del

Jun 16, 2014
NYC
@JBHawaii will that method work for stock build NC4? Currently SafeStrap isn't letting NC4 flash ROM at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

JBHawaii

Mar 30, 2012
Honolulu
@JBHawaii will that method work for stock build NC4? Currently SafeStrap isn't letting NC4 flash ROM at the moment.

Yes, it will work for stock NC4. However, chainfire just released an update for Super SU via the playstore... try that first! If the binary still fails to install then try my method.

outlaw420

Mar 9, 2011
Has any one ran safestrap and check the size of the rom slot? When I do it says 0 mb available. If I am not wrong which I could be that means there is zero space to flash the rom to.

Eddie Del

Jun 16, 2014
NYC
Right now SafeStrap won't let us use slot for ROM, so we can't flash anything to it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ALL, Please DON NOT try and flash any ROM if you are coming from the Verizon OTA NC4 4.4.2 build (rooted via Towelroot)...until the ROM Developer states in the OP that it is okay to do so.

EDIT: Please refer to this thread if you are on the VZW OTA 4.4.2 or NC4 kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787627