[Q] Windows Phone on Asus Memopad HD7

Search This thread

BriniaSona

Jan 28, 2011
Since the tablet is stuck at Jellybean, and theres no asus updates to KK or L, I would like to try and install windows phone to it. I read somewhere that windows was opening up and giving out thier tablet os for free. IS this possible.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
1) Windows Phone is not a tablet OS. It could theoretically be adopted into one, but it is not actually one. Microsoft's tablet OS for ARM is Windows RT.
2) Windows for small tablets is free.. To OEMs. Not to normal people. In fact, you can't buy it at all; it only comes pre-installed.
3) You don't just "install" mobile OSes the way you do PC ones. They have to be customized for the devices they run on.
4) Short answer: NO

Reactions: ngame

BriniaSona

Jan 28, 2011
Ah, okay, thank you. I'll try KitKat then, just have to figure out how, Furthest I have gotten is rooting. Both CWM and Team Win says the device isnt supported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) Windows Phone is not a tablet OS. It could theoretically be adopted into one, but it is not actually one. Microsoft's tablet OS for ARM is Windows RT.
    2) Windows for small tablets is free.. To OEMs. Not to normal people. In fact, you can't buy it at all; it only comes pre-installed.
    3) You don't just "install" mobile OSes the way you do PC ones. They have to be customized for the devices they run on.
    4) Short answer: NO