M8 needs to be sent back to HTC

Search This thread

darkphoenix2012

Dec 9, 2006
So I followed available instructions as close as possible in the Stickied thread under development, but I'm not sure my M8 is 100% stock now.

I unfortunately have to send the device back as the Charge Controller on this motherboard is faulty and the phone won't charge properly. As I said I followed all instructions, but I noticed a SS for the verizon boot loader and my CID does not appear there at all... I set it to the VZW__001 with fastboot-RUU mode but that line of text is completely absent from my bootloader screen.

Would an update have caused this to go away? I don't recall ever updating the firmware. How can I be 100% sure it appears to be a non-tampered with device? I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to find out this phone had a faulty motherboard after having to recharge it for the first time. I bought it and it was fully charged, rooted it, and all was well until I had to plug it in before bed, only to find it less than what it was before sleeping.:eek:

I tried repeating available steps, and reflashed everything I had downloaded to unroot and return to stock. Any help is appreciated.