Best PDF reader?

Search This thread

himalayasplaya

Aug 5, 2008
D.M.V. (DC-MD-VA)
hey guys, I'm not satisfied with the Adobe reader that came with my AT&T Tilt. does anyone have a good pdf reader? I hate how I have to use my stylus soo often to move the page left and right to properly view the PDFs. My friends told me about how sweet Palm Reader was for Palm PDAs and how it would convert the PDF to maximum readability so that all the letters would fit to the screen properly. Is there a similar program for windows mobile?

DaveTheTytnIIGuy

Aug 28, 2008
Sacramento, California
I use some kind of ported adobe reader off the Diamond that has text reflow, like opera. I don't think it uninstalls real well if you have an adobe reader baked into your ROM, but search around. Of the PDF software I've tried, it's decent. Try searching something like "adobe reader LE 2.5 Diamond".

Dave

elecconnec

Apr 24, 2006
Sadly, my favorite PDF reader is now Word Mobile! ;)

If you go here:
http://pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp
you can upload your PDFs and the website converts them to .rtf files you can download and view in Word.

They increase in size about 10x, but if you then resave them as .doc it cuts them in half (now about 5x original .pdf size.)

Images convert as well as text, and now the document can word wrap, to avoid scrolling, plus you can edit them.

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Sadly, my favorite PDF reader is now Word Mobile! ;)

If you go here:
http://pdfonline.com/pdf2word/index.asp
you can upload your PDFs and the website converts them to .rtf files you can download and view in Word.

They increase in size about 10x, but if you then resave them as .doc it cuts them in half (now about 5x original .pdf size.)

Images convert as well as text, and now the document can word wrap, to avoid scrolling, plus you can edit them.

Great Idea, but id hate to have to convert every e-book i have :p

I just use xpdf. Works just fine

kkrags

Apr 20, 2008
does xpdf have something similar to reflow...there is no way i can read if i have to scroll across and down!!

i cant seem to get adobe reader 2.0 working on my device (wm6.1) and reader LE 2.5 doesnt seem to have reflow....

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
Adobe reader 2.0 does not do reflow
Adobe reader 2.5 does

It's available as a CAB and once installed it will replace the embeded one.
Or flash a recent ROM that has version 2.5 already integrated.