[Q] HTC Desire HD Bricked bootloader not loading and cannot connect to pc need help

Search This thread

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
Good day!

After searching everywhere in the web and using different methods, I decided to create an account and ask you guys how to solve my problem :(
Basically, I have a HTC Desire HD phone, this is unlocked, rooted and using cm-Jellytime_42_R11 ROM. I decided to change ROM and go back to Android Revolution. What I did first was I deleted a couple of folders in my clockwork folder, I deleted both backup to free space. Afterwards, I was trying to connect my phone to my laptop but to no avail (it only charged) then I decided to just boot into recovery. After a couple of tries trying to access and going to bootloader/recovery mode it just wont push through. So I decided to normal boot, then the phone won't boot anymore. It just hanged in the Jellytime loading screen.

Note: I removed the battery a couple of too many times since I was trying to boot into recovery.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem :(

Gussta

Feb 11, 2014
Zagreb
I didn't understand very well.
Can you now go to Hboot screen volume (-) + power button?
And where you get now stucked when you just power on phone?

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
I didn't understand very well.
Can you now go to Hboot screen volume (-) + power button?
And where you get now stucked when you just power on phone?

no, i couldnt go to Hboot while holding down volume - and power.
The phone gets stucked in the Jellytime loading screen. It just stops. :( help me please :(

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
it does nothing. It just cant go to hboot. it wont normal boot too. :( so stuck.

WHen it getts stuck in the roms boot animation, connect usb to the phone and try
Code:
adb devices
Most devices show up via adb during the boot animation.
If the device shows up there, enter
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
then go here and download 4ext recovery.
extract the .img file from the zip. Rename it to recovery.img and place it in your adb directory and enter this whiles in fastboot

Code:
fastboot devices
to make sure your device shows up
then

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

after it has successfully flashed reboot to recovery ad try and flash the rom u want.

hope i helped. Click on the thanks buttton.

You can ask if you still have problems.

Reactions: richardrip10

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
computer doesn't recognize android. laptop doesnt even make sound that a device has been connected. I checked the device manager but to no avail. but the phone is charging.

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra

I dont know if this is going to work with CWM but it works on TWRP and 4ext.
Remove the battery and re-insert it.
Now connect the usb to the device.
Dont press the power button.(leave it off)
After the the charging light comes on, the device should be discoverable by adb.
Now try
Code:
adb devices

It should be detected by adb.

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
After the the charging light comes on, the device should be discoverable by adb.
Now try
Code:
adb devices

sorry, it still didn't work. Is this a bricked phone? :(

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
Now try
Code:
adb devices

btw, my computer really cant detect my phone. It doesnt make any sound when it is connected through USB. but other devices can be detected by my computer. I tried inserting the usb into a 2.0 and 3.0 usb.

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
Now try
Code:
adb devices

hey bro, I actually made it work. problem is when im flashing the recovery, it shows Failed<remote: not allowed>

what should I do?

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
Now try
Code:
adb devices

no worries now brother! was able to fix my phone now! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :good::good::good:

richardrip10

Apr 11, 2014
Okay Brother.. Guess you should post how you fixed it in the OP so that others with the same problem can look it up.
Ok, so basically, the problem why i can't do the power button + vol (-) is that my volume buttons are broken. (sad) Second, the reason why my computer wasn't detecting my phone is that my phone's charging slot is dirty and I had to clean it with a needle to remove the dust, at the same time, the cable I was using was broken. When I was able to clean the slot and change cables, I then followed the steps by mickeyasamoah (thanks bro) with the adb procedures. Although it failed when it was in the flash recovery line (dunno why), I just proceeded into flashing a new ROM and voila, it worked.

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Ok, so basically, the problem why i can't do the power button + vol (-) is that my volume buttons are broken. (sad) Second, the reason why my computer wasn't detecting my phone is that my phone's charging slot is dirty and I had to clean it with a needle to remove the dust, at the same time, the cable I was using was broken. When I was able to clean the slot and change cables, I then followed the steps by mickeyasamoah (thanks bro) with the adb procedures. Although it failed when it was in the flash recovery line (dunno why), I just proceeded into flashing a new ROM and voila, it worked.

I am happy i was able to help.
Instead of saying thanks only, you could actually hit the thanks button.
Have a nice day.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it does nothing. It just cant go to hboot. it wont normal boot too. :( so stuck.

WHen it getts stuck in the roms boot animation, connect usb to the phone and try
    Code:
    adb devices
    Most devices show up via adb during the boot animation.
    If the device shows up there, enter
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    then go here and download 4ext recovery.
    extract the .img file from the zip. Rename it to recovery.img and place it in your adb directory and enter this whiles in fastboot

Code:
    fastboot devices
    to make sure your device shows up
    then

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

after it has successfully flashed reboot to recovery ad try and flash the rom u want.

hope i helped. Click on the thanks buttton.

You can ask if you still have problems.