[N4-Conversion][CM10.1][SOURCE-BUILT][GEEB] CM10.1 nightly (1/17/13)

Search This thread

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
No cap buttons. For recovery look in the nexus 4 dev forums. I used fast boot to flash cwm then once in cm10.1 i used goo manager to install newest twrp.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

use the same recovery you had for the optimus g. that way you can still access your external sdcard in recovery. if you use a nexus 4 recovery you will not have access to your external sdcard. use an optimus g recovery. it works perfect.

kayslay21

May 4, 2009
Is anyone's rotation backwards on this? Any way to fix?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

d11dog11

Apr 15, 2008
Is anyone's rotation backwards on this? Any way to fix?

My rotation is spot on. Other than the known issues (NFC, 8gb memory and memory card access) this feels like it was made for this phone. More stable than lg ROMs ever felt.

kayslay21

May 4, 2009
My rotation is spot on. Other than the known issues (NFC, 8gb memory and memory card access) this feels like it was made for this phone. More stable than lg ROMs ever felt.

Its probably because I have sprint variant, something must be different there

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
Its probably because I have sprint variant, something must be different there

I can't imagine it being smoother, this OG is the smoothest Android device I have used while stock, way smoother than my Nexus 7... And for now it seems like a MAJOR downgrade to lose the SD and half of the storage..

Zackhery

Nov 25, 2011
I tried flashing this and it it just sat on boot animation.

atmiya

Oct 18, 2009
Columbus
How do I go about installing this?

What's up, I'm not too with rooting since I transferred over to this after using the iPhones for 5years but I flashed the n4 cm10 to my LGOG but it wouldn't boot so I ran a fastboot and wiped my phone and installed it again and it worked the second time. So i downloaded the fill and installed Cwm and superuser but for some reason it is telling me that my phone isn't rooted or something. Does that mean I have to reroot it? If so then do I do a n4 root cause the freegee from the play store says "This device isn't compatible" or something or other...

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
What's up, I'm not too with rooting since I transferred over to this after using the iPhones for 5years but I flashed the n4 cm10 to my LGOG but it wouldn't boot so I ran a fastboot and wiped my phone and installed it again and it worked the second time. So i downloaded the fill and installed Cwm and superuser but for some reason it is telling me that my phone isn't rooted or something. Does that mean I have to reroot it? If so then do I do a n4 root cause the freegee from the play store says "This device isn't compatible" or something or other...

if you installed this rom then it will be rooted already. it comes pre-rooted. i dont understand any way that you can not be rooted after installing this.

orvon.freeman

Mar 30, 2011
Virginia Beach

that isnt for the N4 if you flashed the convert then go here it will help you out :D http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2018179

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Can I just get a list of the files that make the fix? I'd like to be able to make myself a fix zip so I can flash nightlies. I thought I had all the files but I guess not. My volume keys were still inverted when I tried

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
Can I just get a list of the files that make the fix? I'd like to be able to make myself a fix zip so I can flash nightlies. I thought I had all the files but I guess not. My volume keys were still inverted when I tried

try this: http://d-h.st/kqT

flash in recovery. should be universal. (it was made by snowleopardJB, i just modified a little bit)

Reactions: MrZim4

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Thank you sir, exactly what I was looking for

Aha! I wasn't copying the entire keylayout directory.

MrZim4

Feb 28, 2011
Actually, just got to testing it and getting an error in cwm touch

mount() expects 3 args, got 4
E:error in /external_sd/LGOG_FIX.zip
(Status 7)

Using the one you uploaded, just changed the name for easier ADB transfer

ChefAnt

Mar 26, 2012
Milwaukee
Actually, just got to testing it and getting an error in cwm touch

mount() expects 3 args, got 4
E:error in /external_sd/LGOG_FIX.zip
(Status 7)

Using the one you uploaded, just changed the name for easier ADB transfer

did you redownload and try again? mine works pefect, just reflashed without a hiccup(for like the 40th time.)

shawnchalfant

Aug 6, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
Getting the same error.

Just installed the latest nightly, then tried to flash the modem/volume update and get the same error as the other guy. Download 3 times and the process is repeated.

Last edited:

Dr0!dFreek

Jun 13, 2012
Re: [FIX][CM10.1] CM10.1 rom with fixes

Hey someone super android savy. In the how to convert to the nexus 4 thread there was a big warning about the rpm partition being erased or something with the installation of a nexus 4 rom. This rom works fine so im guessing some roms work and some can screw you over .Is there a way to read the update-script or something to find out which nexus 4 Roms are safe to use.
Hi there everyone.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we will *not* be supporting this method with Team Codefire. Project FreeGee will not support this hack either, as this makes changes to your device's GPT partitioning table-- which if the bootloader decides to use the backup GPT (at the true end of the EMMC) it will completely erase your primary GPT and overwrite it with the backup GPT (which includes the ATT Optimus G partition layout).

This will cause your device to no longer boot, *permanently*, as LGNPST mode is in SBL3, which is referenced to by the N4 firmware's primary GPT (at the beginning of your EMMC).

There are ways for us to detect that you have done the conversion, and we will *not* be supporting your device in any way/shape/form if you manage to brick it with this method.

READ THIS WARNING:

Nexus 4 ROMS ARE NOT MADE FOR THIS DEVICE's PARTITOIN TABLE AND GPU!

IF YOU TRY TO FLASH A NEXUS 4 ROM (.zip through clockwork/etc) YOU WILL OVERWRITE YOUR "rpm" PARTITION, RENDERING YOUR DEVICE UNBOOTABLE.

There's a reason we didn't publicize this when we found this during the initial rooting of the Optimus G, as it has a *very* high risk of brickage.

Also, we cannot link to LGNPST here publicly. I do not want a letter from LG's lawyers in my inbox, as it is a stolen piece of software.

On a lighter note, let it be known that we all appreciate the hard work and ingenuity of XDA and the public in general-- we'd just prefer if we're all on the same page. I'd rather have one community united rather than multiple microcommunities that are disjoint in their agreements and official stances.

Please contact us ( IOMonster, or Shellnutt2, or g33k3r ) before releasing software that has a great potential to harm user's devices.

I wholeheartedly recommend that people not use this, but support this developer in his development process-- let's focus our efforts on something more productive, and less dangerous.

Thanks,

TheCubed (aka IOMonster)

Sent from my Nexus E970 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you need to do the n4 conversion first.

ok so i compiled a cm10.1 rom from source. your phone will now be recognized as an Optimus G and not a Nexus 4. I will be working on fixing NFC, storage issues and cap buttons. I wanted to get a working source tree for our phone first.

download here: http://d-h.st/U7f

not working:
    - only uses 8gb of sdcard
    - no external sd
    - nfc
    - HDMI out (MHL)

Source:
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/vendor_lge_geeb-cm10.1
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/kernel_lge_geeb-cm10.1
    https://github.com/sk8erwitskil/device_lge_geeb-cm10.1

Thanks to SnowLeopardJB for helping get the fixes for this so far.

582635_4324303400158_689779138_n.jpg
    ok i built a straight from source rom instead of this kanged one. ill update the OP once i do a few tweaks.

this rom will not have any extra fixes. i just wanted to get a working device tree that, when compiled, already has the fixes we have in them.

now that i have a working device tree to go off of i can start working on other issues.
    can you someone tell me if the capacitive buttons are working now on the n4 conversion? And SD card visibility?

the n4 conversion roms arent really being worked on anymore. there will by aosp roms out soon that dont need any sort of conversion. its being worked on now :)
    No cap buttons. For recovery look in the nexus 4 dev forums. I used fast boot to flash cwm then once in cm10.1 i used goo manager to install newest twrp.

use the same recovery you had for the optimus g. that way you can still access your external sdcard in recovery. if you use a nexus 4 recovery you will not have access to your external sdcard. use an optimus g recovery. it works perfect.
    Just letting you guys know that I've been on the Paranoid Android Jan 18 build all day, the one with PIE controls, and it's been working perfect!

Didn't flash any fixes at all. GPS works, wifi works fine, and LTE is working :cool: (just added the PTA apn and turned on LTE in that secret menu).

The only problems are the previous stated: volume buttons flipped, 8gb space, and no sd card access. I should note that the rom won't flash with the LG OG recovery, I had to use the Nexus 4 CWM.

Edit: Meant to post this in the N4 Conversion thread, sorry!

I'm going to fix the lg og recovery to be able to install nexus 4 Roms without having to edit the updater-script

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app