[Q] Can I recover data from my exFAT formatted SD or internal SD?

Search This thread

diji1

Aug 26, 2006
Adelaide, SA
Unfortunately I didn't think things through properly when I was playing about which led to me deleting some files that are game saves (so not the end of the world if I lose them but at the same time I dearly want them back :| ). Specifically the games are Real Racing 3 and GTA: San Andreas and yes I will be using the cloud save feature from now on.

In case it matters here's the steps leading up to these files being deleted: I copied my entire internal SD to my external SD which is formatted using exFAT then then internal SD was "lost" (formatted?) during a firmware flash then the files were deleted from the external SD.

So far I tried using Hexamob Recovery Pro and Undelete which don't return any results at all for either the internal or external SD and trying to use Recuva for the drives mounted in MTP and MSC (USB Mass Storage) modes but it wouldn't see the drives. My thinking is next I'll try using Recuva again with the micro SD card in a USB reader after I buy a card reader.

So what do you think: am I completely boned or is there a chance of undeleting the data?

Just had the further thought ... is there a way I can make a bit for bit image of the external SD and mount that on my PC to attempt recovery?

Last edited: