[Q] E975 kit kat roms

Search This thread

zzz808303

Dec 25, 2012
Hello are there any more kit kat roms for E975, apart from CM11 and houstonn's aosp?

currently i am using houstonn's aosp
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47061171&postcount=1
it is working flawlessly. but some camera issues. compared to newer phones the optimus g's 13mp camera is a bit crappy, but after the aosp rom yesterday it has gone from "ok" to looking like a 2mp feature phone i am serious. it is such a shame that i might have to go back to stock just because of it, but everything else is perfect: responsiveness, speed, battery life (appears to be longer now but need a few days to know).

also this is really weird the display appears to have changed its color profile dramatically, stock lg was cold color hues, but after the rom it is more saturated almost like amoled.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320817
also why does this index thread not include any kit kat roms?

Last edited:

zzz808303

Dec 25, 2012
thanks for the responses, i am using cm11 nightly + faust93's kernel

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528556

the outcome is near-perfect, no huge issues. maybe drains battery a bit faster than aosp, and upon boot there is always a popup saying that the
calendar has closed.
the camera focus is pretty much fixed, and i think the picture quality is comparable to stock, but the camera app itself sometimes closes.
the volume buttons are backwards
rocket player's widget don't display the track and pic of song playing
can't get dashclock to work

does anyone know how to use stock roms' apks? i tried to use the camera app ripped from G2 stock rom, but it seems to be a more complicated matter, not as easy as copying and running a ripped apk. i would like to use the stock LG music app, its pretty good you can delete tracks from the phone in the playlist view. most players just let you delete tracks from playlist but not from phone.

Vuja1

Dec 23, 2010
Novi Sad

the outcome is near-perfect, no huge issues. maybe drains battery a bit faster than aosp, and upon boot there is always a popup saying that the
calendar has closed.
the camera focus is pretty much fixed, and i think the picture quality is comparable to stock, but the camera app itself sometimes closes.

does anyone know how to use stock roms' apks? i tried to use the camera app ripped from G2 stock rom, but it seems to be a more complicated matter, not as easy as copying and running a ripped apk. i would like to use the stock LG music app, its pretty good you can delete tracks from the phone in the playlist view. most players just let you delete tracks from playlist but not from phone.

If i'm not wrong, if u want to use stock apps u must find ported apps for CM11, and if u want try Mokee with their kernel, it battery friendly and it's damn stable.

Reactions: zzz808303

zzz808303

Dec 25, 2012
oh my god thanks for the tip on mokee, it is the best i've ever used out of 3 roms, it looks like a winner and will be staying for nightlies from now on.
the camera seems to be back to its capabilities as stock.
i especially love how mokee retains some elements from stock like scrolling effects and some icons!

Last edited:

Vuja1

Dec 23, 2010
Novi Sad
oh my god thanks for the tip on mokee, it is the best i've ever used out of 3 roms, it looks like a winner and will be staying for nightlies from now on.
the camera seems to be back to its capabilities as stock.
i especially love how mokee retains some elements from stock like scrolling effects and some icons!

i'm on mokee but i saw few people on dokdo rom and they say everything nice about that rom, but i didn't try it ;) for now mokee is the best ;)

ch1n4

Sep 5, 2012
Did you try Commotio? It's a slightly different version of Vanir. I am using it as my Main Rom for daily use and I am very satisfied until now.
Though I have no experience with houstonn's aosp Rom.

zzz808303

Dec 25, 2012
only problem on mokee is battery life :( max battery life is 22h :( but it is ok if u put every night your phone on charger ;)

tethering is ok and gps

well it depends on how you use it, i think mokee battery life is not great but still better than stock. there is only so much you can do with 2100mah, and i think ips panels just use more battery.
a few days ago i put in the f93 kernel by houstonn but it didn't work.
so i put in the next nightly but i lost 13mp camera, only 8 mp now (but at least auto-focus is functioning)... think i downloaded the wrong one

there is also some baidu and their own mokee market, you cannot uninstall it. but it is fair, as they have the right to administer their work the way they see fit.

Vincester

Oct 23, 2011
Can anyone dry on kitkat rom droidcam app (make your phone in to webcamera with USB cable)). I've tried in every kitkat rom, and the wideo is not ok. Maybe it's only my problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    try mokee it is perfect 4.4 kit kat rom ;)

calendar has closed.

If i'm not wrong, if u want to use stock apps u must find ported apps for CM11, and if u want try Mokee with their kernel, it battery friendly and it's damn stable.