Popping/clicking noise while on the phone

Search This thread

dsymbol

May 2, 2009
Am I the first person to report this on an M8?

My stock software version is 1.54.707.7 (Asia Phone) & stock radio is 1.16.2133156.UA10G.

In my own opinion (& I have no proof to back it up), I guess the clicking/popping noise from the speaker happens after upgrading to 1.54.401.10_firmware which has the radio 1.16.2133156.UA15G.

The noise comes & goes. It's hard to replicate it. It is quite obvious in poor reception areas & I get drop calls too.

My wife's m8 is still running stock radio & she says she doesn't have this issue. So I've just pulled her radio.img & flashed it on my phone.
I will give it a few days to see if it's the radio or not.

The next step is probably warranty it.

I had this issue so badly on the m7, so when I first bought the m8 I tested it thoroughly to make sure it doesn't happen to me. & now it does :(

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

AmberBoy

Jan 19, 2013
Same problem here. After last OTA I hear popping during calls. Bad job HTC.

HTC One M8 & Tapatalk

wpghtc

Mar 5, 2010
Do you have Bluetooth enabled while this is happening?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

dsymbol

May 2, 2009
Same problem here. After last OTA I hear popping during calls. Bad job HTC.

HTC One M8 & Tapatalk
Does the OTA have radio update?
Did you note down your stock baseband? & fastboot getvar all after the update to see if there's any difference?

Could you try to roll back to your stock radio see if the problem goes away.
I tested 1 phone call this morning & all is well with the stock radio from my wife's m8.
Keeping my finger crossed.

Do you have Bluetooth enabled while this is happening?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
No bluetooth here.
But Yes, your thought is correct. Some people have this problem while using some kind of bluetooth devices.
For my case, it *seems* like the firmware update did it.
Believe it or not, before I flashed 1.54.401.10_firmware, I was thinking "would it cause the clicking/popping noise" & it's sneaking up on me slowly.

I've rolled back to stock radio & 1 phone call this morning showed no issue. Good sign, but this thing comes & goes...it's not a fix yet...
I'll give it a few days & update you guys.

Thank you.

Any advice & input is appreciated !