Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
Okay well I did that and nope I still get a force close

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Thread Cleaned
Keep your posts on topic. Do not flame.. Infraction will follow...

2.3 Flaming: XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
Re download it, reflashed, fixed the su permissions and tried sync and still getting force close on gapps. .blah I give up. I just wait thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

.Nox

Nov 13, 2011
Atlanta
Nice reaction time reaper, you rock :).

Lithium has made it known in previous posts that he has no intention of 'fixing' what isn't considered 'broken', so I dont think he has intentions of making a single signal bar. For those of you who would like one, Fergie has recently released a 'fix'/MOD in Swipers MIUI thread and if you have the skills and know-how, please feel free to modify it to work with this MIUI and release it here :rolleyes:.

I was running the 5/4 version for a week solid and had roughly one reboot a day, not bad. This baby is lightning fast and extremely smooth but one night it reboot and hung on the splash screen and prevented my alarm from going off :(. So I had to switch back to Swipers MIUI version and I no longer have the reboots. I'm assuming this has to do with Swipers lack of HWA. Anyone have suggestions to prevent this? I miss the speed and fluidity of this version but the hanging reboots I cant have. I woke up and my phone was like 120 degrees lol. I expect it will get better as the development continues. Would flashing another kernel perhaps help this? Thanks in advance folks :D, we got the best damn Evo community on the 'net.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrimReaper24

someonenewhere

Dec 27, 2009
Well here I am...I love this new build...

It's running smooth! no FC's at all or YET!

Camera still at 3mp but with Cam ICS on the market it fixes the issue...

Still no Front Face Camera and I doubt we'll see that ever, but so far this ROM rocks to the core..

Great job lithium ...thank you!

Reactions: fitz420

shdwslayer

Jun 2, 2008
Portland
Rom is running super, super smooth. Better than the last.

app2sd is working also. Did a fresh install after backing up with miui-backup. Ran app2sd install when phone rebooted and it asked me if I wanted to move dalvik and appdata, then followed hipkats miui ics install guide. Loving it so far! No FC's, and everything seems to be working flawlessly.

Anyone know how to get fullscreen caller id to work like it did in GB. The cropping tool the gallery uses does it in horizontal instead of vertical. Contacts synced from haxsync have fullscreen caller id's.

Last edited:

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
So I'm the only one getting force close when I sync my contacts with gapps? ?? .

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Rxpert

Sep 12, 2011
From the Black Eyed Peas? Actually fergie is not involved with this build. I think you got the wrong thread bro.

The moderator cleaned up everything that I was replying to so that post is completely out of place.

I'm aware of what thread I'm in and love your build man. Keep up the great work I'm running this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

MonsterMatt

Sep 19, 2010
Brentwood,CA
Lithium any way you can look into link2sd not working? It's the only way I move all my apps to the SD and this and last weeks build it didn't work.

Says device or resource busy.

MonsterMatt

Sep 19, 2010
Brentwood,CA
Just a heads up incoming calls are force closing on me.

Anyone able to test and let me know if it does the same for you.

Looks like in the top right hand corner it's saying authentication unsuccessful.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
The moderator cleaned up everything that I was replying to so that post is completely out of place.

I'm aware of what thread I'm in and love your build man. Keep up the great work I'm running this.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Ya I removed all the off topic/flame comments. To clean it up. Keep it clean guys. Hope you guys have a good weekend :D

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For HTC EVO 4G
    As of 2.8.10, miui.com has stopped producing ICS builds that are based on AOSP. Only ICS builds now are patchrom which is a stock sense or touchwiz ROM with miui patched in. Since I port from the Nexus S, which is now built on Jellybean, all future builds will be Jellybean for the foreseeable future.

Installation Instructions:
    • Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Install DarkSide's super wipe from SD card - download
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Not Working:
    • FFC
    • Camcorder
    • WiMAX

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • First official MIUI.us release - 9/28/2012
    MIUI Changelog

• preludedrew and the Evervolv team. I built evervolv ROM from source to use as a base, if you want that build you can get it here
    The kernel source used for this ROM can be found at https://github.com/Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_qsd8k
    This ROM is now part of the MIUI.us buildbot and will be built automatically each week. You can find the EVO 4G download at roms.miui.us. When the build is synced and ready to go the roms.miui.us page will reflect the new build for the EVO 4G.

Please keep the comments on topic with regards to this ROM. If you find a bug or have an issue, please provide as much detail as possible. I'll be actively supporting this ROM on the EVO 4G so your input will be a big help in improving this ROM week after week.

With that said, I hope you enjoy it!
    This build is the official MIUI.us release. I've built this ROM from the ground up using my Nexus One build as a base.

This includes MIUI.us translations in the apks as well as some minor modifications I have made to the launcher which allows you to customize the grid size and remove the icon text.

Consider this another choice for custom ROM users. After all, android is all about customization and choices.
    I just flashed this. So far, its all good. Does anyone know if there's a mod to center clock?

MIUIeD UP ICE!

Just wait until this Friday's release. I've got something in the works for all MIUI.us builds including this one.

Here's a sneak peak.
    Okay I synced my build where MMS is fixed. The issue was in receiving MMS and thanks to some insight from a CM9 Issue found on Github at https://github.com/photon-dev-team/sunfire/issues/9 the problem is resolved.

Here's the link to the build for those that don't want to go track it down:
    http://roms.miui.us/supersonic/MIUI.us_supersonic_v4_2.4.27_0xD34D.zip
    MD5: 7b1417d64547fdf5015225bdd2cf43a1

You'll want to wipe dalvik cache before or after you flash, just do it before you reboot!

Also, for those flashing the mms_fix.zip from Swiperrat, make sure you know what is in the fix when flashing. If it works great, but if it overwrites some system files that are customized to this ROM then other things can end up breaking. This is merely a precautionary warning. Like I said, if it works great.