[required reading!] all virgin mobile users

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Guys it seems that the uk virgin mobile company has now released the ONE V so PLEASE either say your using GSM version or the CDMA (simless) mobile PLEASE....it will help us to help you and avoid killing your phone

*edit*

VIRGIN MOBILE CANADA YOU GUYS ARE ALSO GSM SO USE THE GSM TAGGED ROMS

thanks

-Lloir

Last edited:

qzfive

Aug 8, 2010
That is correct, I live in the UK and have the One V from Virgin Media - here's to hoping that people don't get mixed up between Virgin Mobile GSM and CDMA and brick their phones :(

Superhero340

Sep 23, 2012
Better option

It would be better if we separate the GSM and CDMA threads like "One V GSM Android Development" and "One V CDMA Android Development" to avoid confusion...

Just suggesting guys as it would be easier to maintain threads and mix ups.. :silly:

dalton_chaney

Sep 27, 2012
im a noob and i believe i soft bricked my htc one v from cricket wirless and im stuck

Guys it seems that the uk virgin mobile company has now released the ONE V so PLEASE either say your using GSM version or the CDMA (simless) mobile PLEASE....it will help us to help you and avoid killing your phone

*edit*

thanks

-Lloir

yeah my phone is all but dead outside of bootloader mode. smh. fml. i just paid 250 for it a week ago. and im looking at all this on how to fix it and its a foreign language to me. its gotten to the point where i dont care about the custom firmware no more (which would be awesome tho) and just to get my phone back :(

tsmith1223

Jan 30, 2013
I wish more people did this, i was unaware of this difference when rooting/ installing roms on my one v and almost bricked my device because No one labelled CDMA or GSM, it caused all sorts of trouble and a few hours more hassle then it should have been

WizzyCreator

Feb 18, 2013
Worcester

*edit*

thanks

-Lloir

The [GSM Flash Recovery] is for all phones that are sold and made in the USA or countries that are associated. [CDMA Flash Recovery] is for all phones that are sold and made in other countries (Europe, Asia, etc.)

Reactions: maydemia

riggerman0421

Mar 5, 2011
Sunset, Louisiana
The [GSM Flash Recovery] is for all phones that are sold and made in the USA or countries that are associated. [CDMA Flash Recovery] is for all phones that are sold and made in other countries (Europe, Asia, etc.)

WRONG. The Virgin Mobile USA version is CDMA. And most versions in other countries are GSM. To avoid confusion, I would go with lloir's suggestion. If it has a sim card it IS GSM. If it doesn't have one, it IS CDMA. Some countries in Asia do use the CDMA network, IIRC.

tintguy

Oct 27, 2011
Pensacola
well which is it??

I'm getting ready to order a new phone and I'm leaning towards the One V from Virgin Mobile(I live in the USA). However I have been researching roms and root methods and I want to make sure I am looking at the right threads. Is the USA version of the One V from Virgin Mobile CDMA or GSM????

tintguy

Oct 27, 2011
Pensacola
i have a problem installing boot img. of myonev_rc9
Phone must be in fastboot mode. Connect to your computer with the USB cable that came with your phone. Open a command prompt and cd c:\fastboot(assuming your fastboot folder is on your c: drive). Make sure you have the boot.IMG copied to your fastboot folder. In the command prompt, once your in your fastboot folder type" fasboot flash boot boot.img". If everything was done correctly then it should complete without any errors.:D

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

dlongnasty

Oct 6, 2012
s-off

if only s-off could be achieved. im trying to fix my aunts phone now and no s-off is really pissing me off because she took the ota and as far as i can tell sick kernel is the only choice to boot any custom rom running this hboot and radio and bluetooth wont work on sick.lets just say she is pissed cause she has to have bluetooth for her job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*edit*

thanks

-Lloir

*edit*

thanks

-Lloir

Virgin Mobile USA uses CDMA.
    As far as I know...

PrimoU = GSM 3G

PrimoC = CDMA 3G

Everything else, is the same.