[Q] internal storage faulty or partition corrupt

Search This thread
hi guys,

i just received a s3 mini which seems to have massive problems related to either it's storage drive or partition.

the phone is entirely stock. it's showing some developer overlay screen with yellow text.
when i check in system settings for storage, it's showing me 0.00b total space and 143mb applications.
when plugging it into the computer, the phone will show up as a drive but the size is messed up, too. it's showing -15827131273 bytes space.
when i reboot the phone i think it's kinda discarding all changes. I flashed twrp with odin. flashing suceeded after rebooting and trying to access recovery, twrp was not available but the standard recovery.

check attachments

so what can be done to fix the problem?

Attachments

• screenshot.13.jpg
    screenshot.13.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 762
  • IMG_20140428_153451.jpg
    IMG_20140428_153451.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_20140428_153426.jpg
    IMG_20140428_153426.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_20140428_153356.jpg
    IMG_20140428_153356.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 821

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
hi guys,

i just received a s3 mini which seems to have massive problems related to either it's storage drive or partition.

the phone is entirely stock. it's showing some developer overlay screen with yellow text.
when i check in system settings for storage, it's showing me 0.00b total space and 143mb applications.
when plugging it into the computer, the phone will show up as a drive but the size is messed up, too. it's showing -15827131273 bytes space.
when i reboot the phone i think it's kinda discarding all changes. I flashed twrp with odin. flashing suceeded after rebooting and trying to access recovery, twrp was not available but the standard recovery.

check attachments

so what can be done to fix the problem?

load up stock pit and firmware
baseband is also screwed
check general section on how to guides to get all that done

the phone was pretty much stock everything. the owner does not have any technical knowledge of rooting, modding or bricking the phone. he said from one day to another, all data was just gone and the phone could not been used because it's pretending to have no space anymore.

flashing with odin seems fine, but partition / other things do still mess up everything like before. is it an issue thinking modem and baseband being unknown / corrupted etc? is there a way to get them seperately to flash them ?

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
the phone was pretty much stock everything. the owner does not have any technical knowledge of rooting, modding or bricking the phone. he said from one day to another, all data was just gone and the phone could not been used because it's pretending to have no space anymore.

flashing with odin seems fine, but partition / other things do still mess up everything like before. is it an issue thinking modem and baseband being unknown / corrupted etc? is there a way to get them seperately to flash them ?

I think modemfs or EFS is/are corrupted. If you go to settings > about phone > status does your phone show your IMEI, serial number etc. as NULL? if not then is your EFS not corrupted :) (or type *#06# for checking your IMEI number :))

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

qasim799

Dec 13, 2013
I also faced same problems like you and the problem is definately corrupted efs go to my forum and restore it.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Err. how do you restore EFS on this thing? I have a somewhat similar problem with the OP where changes are discarded after a reboot and been searching for weeks on how fix this problem. I hope you will not mind sharing :D

you need an efs backup and you will get your phone back.yolaaaa;)