[Q] Messaging App

Search This thread

webfrm

Nov 16, 2006
Hey is there a way to modify the default messaging app so it won't break up messages after 160 characters? I don't text folks on CDMA networks so that limitation is dumb and makes my messag es look stupid :laugh:. I really use the individual themes feature on the default app (prevents me from texts to the wrong person) so I'm open to suggestions of another messaging app (with individual themes too) that I can use to replace it. But if it could be hacked to make the 160 character break up stop I'd prefer doing that first.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
Hey is there a way to modify the default messaging app so it won't break up messages after 160 characters? I don't text folks on CDMA networks so that limitation is dumb and makes my messag es look stupid :laugh:. I really use the individual themes feature on the default app (prevents me from texts to the wrong person) so I'm open to suggestions of another messaging app (with individual themes too) that I can use to replace it. But if it could be hacked to make the 160 character break up stop I'd prefer doing that first.

I think you can change a setting to send messages longer than 160 characters as MMS instead of SMS.

Reactions: webfrm

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What Semantic says. You can find it in the MMS section of settings. Found an interesting setting while I was looking for myself. You'll see it in the screenshot at the bottom...

y5ymepyg.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: webfrm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think you can change a setting to send messages longer than 160 characters as MMS instead of SMS.
    What Semantic says. You can find it in the MMS section of settings. Found an interesting setting while I was looking for myself. You'll see it in the screenshot at the bottom...

y5ymepyg.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk