EF02 Bug Thread

Search This thread

pissinguoff247

Mar 17, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
Doesn't look like there's one of these yet, so I'll start.

-Potential speed issues
-SOME slow rotation issues - Mine is working fine, YMMV
-Can't make up its mind if it wants to be on the EF02 or EF10 modem
-Battery Meter something something (can't duplicate)
-Battery life blows (YMMV) - I've uninstalled several Samsung apps and disabled logging (*#9900#) and I'm getting half-decent life - I charge throughout the day but I'd say it's comparable to previous Froyo builds
-Hardware keyboard still sucks, maybe harder
-Touch screen sensitivity - I'm not experiencing this, but YMMV. I've found sometimes using crappy cables causes weird touch screen issues.
-Various and sundry GPS complaints (I'm using the EF10 modem, not having any problems so far)
-USB connects and disconnects repeatedly when attached to computer, charging, playing media (at least, that seems to cause it on mine)

Begin griping.

Last edited:
Reactions: algorhythm

iSaint

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix, Maryland
Accidently cancelled download ... now i have to wait 30 minutes to start the process over again.... 8(

Don't see any mirrors .... also this spot is reserved for when i flash it.

shadowlink217

Dec 16, 2010
Is anyone else getting crap 3g speeds? I was getting 1.5mbps on ee03 in the same spot yesterday and now I'm getting 500kbps. Might have something to do with the weather though.

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
Someone in the other EF02 thread said they updated their firmware and it changed the modem to EF10. Maybe that'll help the speeds.

Overstew

Oct 3, 2010
I odin'd the ec05 modem and it works great. Gps also works now.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

apatcas

May 25, 2007

-Can't use email to set up an exchange account, constantly FC's UPDATE: Apparently, editing build.prop kills my exchange. Weird.
-Swyping from the settings key to SYM no longer brings up the "secret" options
-Potential speed issues
-gokuman56 complained of "Slow Rotation" over in the Q/A, so far no other reports
-Battery Meter But (Awaiting Clarification)

Begin griping.
Are you going to update the op with the fixes or will this just benefit your experience?

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Anyone else experiencing medium heat during deep sleep, this might be a battery drain issue too early to tell though

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-Potential speed issues
    -SOME slow rotation issues - Mine is working fine, YMMV
    -Battery Meter something something (can't duplicate)
    -Battery life blows (YMMV) - I've uninstalled several Samsung apps and disabled logging (*#9900#) and I'm getting half-decent life - I charge throughout the day but I'd say it's comparable to previous Froyo builds
    -Hardware keyboard still sucks, maybe harder
    -Touch screen sensitivity - I'm not experiencing this, but YMMV. I've found sometimes using crappy cables causes weird touch screen issues.
    -Various and sundry GPS complaints (I'm using the EF10 modem, not having any problems so far)
    -USB connects and disconnects repeatedly when attached to computer, charging, playing media (at least, that seems to cause it on mine)

Begin griping.
    Accidently cancelled download ... now i have to wait 30 minutes to start the process over again.... 8(

Don't see any mirrors .... also this spot is reserved for when i flash it.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14817700&postcount=126
    This has always been an irritant for me but it seems worse in this build. When you go underground (live in NYC) and lose connection to the network, there is a cutout of audio and an anooying burbling noise. Voodoo sound can get rid of the burbling noise but it does not get rid of the skip in music if you are listening to tunes. Quite annoying.
    Cannot move apps to the SD card.
    Re: gps

I'm only getting a lock on 2/9 satellites. I've tried resetting the gps via gps status and rebooting the phone. Tried on both the ef02 and ef10 modem. Does the modem control the gps radio as well?

If not, any other ideas?

I'm having this same problem, which is leading to other GPS-related issues, I posted them here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14901678&postcount=7

I've found no fix so far, would love to hear if others have seen this and if they've been able to fix it...