Accidently messed up lockscreen... Please help!

Search This thread
Jul 25, 2013
Hi, I have a nook Color running cm7.2 and using the ADW launcher.
Earlier I downloaded an app that allows me to have an iOS type lockscreen after I unlock the primary lockscreen. I set up quick unlock where you use the home button to unlock the tablet, but it doesn't recognize the Nook button as the home button when it is.
Now I can't unlock my tablet.
Oops.
Is there any way to reset the lock screen or somehow fix this without formatting the card?
Thanks.

JimSP

Aug 18, 2010
Houston, TX
If it's a free app you could adb to /data/app and rename the offending lock screen apk. Just add ".bak" (without quotes) to the end of the filename. You may have to reboot it but the app should be gone after that.

If you at running CM entirely of the SD card you should be able to browse to it with the card plugged into a computer and rename the file there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for your reply, but that's not exactly the problem I'm having.
The problem I'm having is that I set up quick unlock so it would unlock when I hit the home button. The nook doesn't recognize the Nook button on the tablet as home button. I don't have the home button set up on the screen as a soft button.
Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Could I do that, but with CM7? I run CM from an SD card, so my NC isn't rooted.
I thought you were talking about stock.

You need to go to my tips thread and install the alternate CWM for SD in section B in the second post. Then use that to do a factory reset. That should remove the unlock.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2013
Than you so much for your help! I did what you said on your topic, and things went smoothly.
Everything's fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk