[Q] Return to stock

Search This thread

ace9988

Dec 15, 2010
Dark Side of the Moon
Hello there,

I need some help returning to stock since I've gone too far with the desire and no idea how to go back.

I have an orange branded desire which is rooted and S-off'd and I'd like to unroot it. I'm not too concerned about taking it back to orange branding, just a generic RUU would do (if it's possible, because I'm not interested in goldcards). Right now I'm on Android 4.4 and the HBOOT version says "6.93.1002"

I'm fairly competent with fastboot commands if necessary and just need help with taking this phone back to stock. If you have any more questions let me know and I'll answer.

Thanks in advance

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU

If you want to be full S-ON unrooted, you may need to flash the alpharev downgrader first before flashing the RUU

Details in bortak's troublehooting guide stickied to the top of Q&A

Reactions: ace9988

ace9988

Dec 15, 2010
Dark Side of the Moon
Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU

If you want to be full S-ON unrooted, you may need to flash the alpharev downgrader first before flashing the RUU

I'm not too fussed about S-ON unrooted, quite happy to keep it S-off without going through all of that. Is this the file HTC_Desire_Android_2.3_Upgrade.zip

because I couldn't find the one you named in the stickied thread. This came from the #resources section.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I'm not too fussed about S-ON unrooted, quite happy to keep it S-off without going through all of that. Is this the file HTC_Desire_Android_2.3_Upgrade.zip

because I couldn't find the one you named in the stickied thread. This came from the #resources section.

Yes thats the one. Just extract the zip file and the ruu is inside. The one in bortaks guide i think he named it 2.3.3, its definitly there anyway

Reactions: ace9988

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU

Yes thats the one. Just extract the zip file and the ruu is inside. The one in bortaks guide i think he named it 2.3.3, its definitly there anyway