Fake OEM batteries on eBay

Search This thread

aryehzev

Jun 15, 2011
Denver
I wanted to buy replacement batteries for my S5 so i searched on eBay and found this
3u5ebe8e.jpg

But when i got the batteries i realized that although they look almost exactly like the real thing, they are counterfeits... 1. They will go in the phone but they don't fit as smoothly as the original battery. 2. NFC does not work. 3.theres is no white sticker on the top.
Now when i looked again on ebay to find real authentic Samsung OEM batteries I realized that this dude is all over the place there probably like 15 accounts selling this same battery all from the same place: Kennedale, TX (search for oem s5 battery on eBay and see how many of them are from Kennedale, TX).
So I think I'm going to call eBay and report him because I don't other people like me to buy from one of his 15 accounts by mistake. But I also want good replacement batteries, preferably OEM, does anyone have any recommendations of where I can find them?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hellscythe

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
About 95% of "Genuine" batteries on Ebay will be fake, so the important thing is you've learned your lesson never trust sellers even with massive positive ratings.

lurch0101

Apr 10, 2012
I wanted to buy replacement batteries for my S5 so i searched on eBay and found this
3u5ebe8e.jpg

But when i got the batteries i realized that although they look almost exactly like the real thing, they are counterfeits... 1. They will go in the phone but they don't fit as smoothly as the original battery. 2. NFC does not work. 3.theres is no white sticker on the top.
Now when i looked again on ebay to find real authentic Samsung OEM batteries I realized that this dude is all over the place there probably like 15 accounts selling this same battery all from the same place: Kennedale, TX (search for oem s5 battery on eBay and see how many of them are from Kennedale, TX).
So I think I'm going to call eBay and report him because I don't other people like me to buy from one of his 15 accounts by mistake. But I also want good replacement batteries, preferably OEM, does anyone have any recommendations of where I can find them?

it's the same thing with cases, cables, etc on eBay.

Airax

Feb 7, 2005
The seller is obviously trying to rip people off no doubt. And Aryehzev is right to report him. Common sense says if something is too good to be true it nearly always is. Gen battery that cheap when a device is new would raise my suspicion unless it was from a trusted big name retailer.
Thanks for the warning though.

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
Is shopandroid samsung batteries official?I bought one seems to be official has sticker fits normally havent tested nfc but dont know if its official?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

lurch0101

Apr 10, 2012
just saying if you see a bunch of sellers selling the battery for around $10...you know it's fake. why even bother..? it has been like this with eBay for a while and reporting a seller here and there won't do much. It's eBay that has to change their policies.

idance1

May 26, 2014
battery

Do be careful with ebay, they will screw the buyer if the seller is a power seller, that means they bring ebay the money! I got screwed buy ebay and they sent it to my credit report but got it removed already. Ebay is to big so they reallyy dont care. They are only hurting themselves.

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
Do be careful with ebay, they will screw the buyer if the seller is a power seller, that means they bring ebay the money! I got screwed buy ebay and they sent it to my credit report but got it removed already. Ebay is to big so they reallyy dont care. They are only hurting themselves.
It is really a pity.You would be very careful when you are going to buy something from ebay.I always get accessories for my S5 from Amazon because of thier high quality.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00IRNO5TY/ref=olp_twister_child
You could own a NFC one or a non-NFC one from it.Hope it may help.

Sinchero

Apr 15, 2014

Nucleartx

Jan 2, 2010
Temple, TX
I've given up on anything "authentic" in Ebay. Bought an S5 otterbox and it was clearly counterfiet after I opened the box. Texture was completely different and didn't even fit my phone correctly. Got a full refund from ebay. One thing to watch out, these scammers, which they are, open multiple accounts and ship from China to a company here in US that will re-label the package with US postmarks. The scammers utilize ID theft to open accounts in other peoples names also, just a friendly reminder.

Hermosa

Jan 14, 2014
Have you tried that one? how does it compare to the battery life you were getting with the one that came with your phone?
When I first use a non-NFC battery from Onite,it only last the same time as my 1 year old OEM battery,Then they told me to charge and fully drain the battery for the first 3 cycles,I follow their suggestion and it works,the battery can last even longer than the OEM one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're paying $11 bucks for an EOM, sorry dude but c'mon you must know its a FAKE...
    3u5ebe8e.jpg