Is Google Wallet completely broken????

Search This thread

blown00gtp

Mar 4, 2011
i havent been able to get it fully set up since I got this damn phone...first it was stuck on activating account...now its sayind my device isnt supported..wtf!! any help???

asuman1179

Jun 6, 2008
Denver
I am pretty sure what I have read they are trying to get something fixed before they activate it for our phone which is a bummer.

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
Yes it is. They claim to be working on a fix for it but it has taken them how long so far? I personally think they have just given up on our phone.

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
There are fixes, but I have still not been able to use it. At McDonalds last night it was stuck on Authorizing Transactions and today at walgreens it would never open the wallet app when I touched it to the terminal.

Nesto44

Jul 27, 2009
I called and they told me that it was a problem that they are working on but no ETA on the fix... Also it tells me that rooted devices are not supported which I think is BS

Sent from my EVO LTe

butterbuns

Feb 20, 2008
Detroit
they have been "fixing" it for weeks now and they just seem to break it even more.. im real pissed and want my gd $60 they owe..

Kcarpenter

Nov 24, 2009
Clinton, TN
I called and they told me that it was a problem that they are working on but no ETA on the fix... Also it tells me that rooted devices are not supported which I think is BS

Sent from my EVO LTe

Not BS, a rooted device could pose a threat to the secure element of the NFC chip and could potentially exploit card data from it. Remember modders are not majority users, and storing credit card info is a big risk for Google to take.

Now it'll still work with root, but you are taking a risk that something could potentially go wrong.

Sent from my GT-I9300 ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha using Tapatalk 2

jpbme

Sep 11, 2010
Doesn't work on mine, haven't rooted yet, still completely stock. Doesn't the Google $10 credit expire end of June?

Sent from my EVO LTE

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
I can't get into google wallet at all. This is what it says. Does this mean that my element is bricked.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339848952687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339848952687.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: sofla2

makavelisk

Mar 31, 2011
Wtf. I cleared all the settings in google wallet before I rooted. Well glad that I am still in my 14 days. Back for Evo number 4

Don't listen to him..... It's not bricked. Mine was working perfectly yesterday and now it says that. It's just Google locking us down.

And I just checked my girlfriends phone and hers says the same thing. She hasn't done anything to her phone.

Reactions: Robert542

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Don't listen to him..... It's not bricked. Mine was working perfectly yesterday and now it says that. It's just Google locking us down.

And I just checked my girlfriends phone and hers says the same thing. She hasn't done anything to her phone.

Thanks for the info. I was getting really pissed that I would have to return another phone.

parmend

Apr 11, 2010
Fort Worth
So when do people get the secure element message ? Is it when you open the app or when you try to buy something? I just want to make sure I'm not bricked . Thanks

Robert542

Aug 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Getting peoples reaction is the only thing I heard Wallet is good for. Once that novelty wears off most people will be reaching for a actual credit card then a phone.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

I thought the same thing until I noticed that everywhere I shop except the grocery store has NFC compatible credit card machines, so google wallet would come on very handy if it ever worked. I find myself forgetting my wallet at home more than my phone, so for me this would be a great tool.

Reactions: ckoadiyn and k-wow

Anthonicia

Apr 17, 2011
So when do people get the secure element message ? Is it when you open the app or when you try to buy something? I just want to make sure I'm not bricked . Thanks

It comes up where the "your device is not supported for your carrier/country" is. At least mine did.

I actually had to install the gw update before it said secure element not responding.

If I were u and had a perfectly functioning phone I would not root it until the gw is up again. Live to flash roms on my og EVO, but this phone is so awesome without it for now I'm happy w it.

I'm sure people will flash away and heed no warnings. Just be careful out there my androodles!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Getting peoples reaction is the only thing I heard Wallet is good for. Once that novelty wears off most people will be reaching for a actual credit card then a phone.

I thought the same thing until I noticed that everywhere I shop except the grocery store has NFC compatible credit card machines, so google wallet would come on very handy if it ever worked. I find myself forgetting my wallet at home more than my phone, so for me this would be a great tool.

I can't get into google wallet at all. This is what it says. Does this mean that my element is bricked.

Wtf. I cleared all the settings in google wallet before I rooted. Well glad that I am still in my 14 days. Back for Evo number 4

I had my phone replaced about 2 weeks ago, since then I've been unable to add my pre-paid card. Today, just for the hell of it, I opened Wallet and now I'm getting the unsupported device or carrier/country message. Seems like it's just getting more broken.