[Q] Sense for Moto G

Search This thread

ali654

Sep 3, 2012
HTC revealed New devices with quite similar hardware of the Moto G. Would be awesome if some devs could start work on it when the devices and their software are available. I myself have no experience with porting. Otherwise I would do it. I just wanted to know if anybody here is interested to make such a ROM and if there are people who want this. :rolleyes:

Kameo

Jul 17, 2010
Moto G
Redmi Note 2
Not going to happen.
I don't think that you realise what it is to port Sense to other devices...
You'll have to reverse engineer all the HTC propriatery code and adapt it to our roms.
It's like writing your own version of the Sense environment from scratch since HTC's gonna sue you as soon as it hits Internet.
(Did you see what they did with all those Sense look-a-like clocks/widgets ?)

chlehqls

Jun 18, 2011
Toledo, OH
Won't happen. I've seen so many attempt at a port during the nexus 4 days and never made any significant progress.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

wildestpixel

Aug 25, 2011
London
Moreover I think as well as it being impossible to do without source the general feeling is that Sense although not as awful as touchwiz is a fairly unloved UI by its users.

I have Taiwanese friends working in HTC previously and even they only got access to the portion of source code they were responsible for. If the coders only get access to small chunks of code the public has no chance !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not going to happen.
    I don't think that you realise what it is to port Sense to other devices...
    You'll have to reverse engineer all the HTC propriatery code and adapt it to our roms.
    It's like writing your own version of the Sense environment from scratch since HTC's gonna sue you as soon as it hits Internet.
    (Did you see what they did with all those Sense look-a-like clocks/widgets ?)