[ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) Froyo

Search This thread

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
Cheers, just flashing it now via cable as the IUW tool doesnt seem to like my sdcard..
Hope camera works on this version...

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
Flashed, still green camera tho, strangley the "update" check seems to think there is an update, gonna try it n see what it does, %5 so far...

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
ya.. I am getting one too..
will be interesting what it spits out..
I wonder where the server is... as I am in Tianjin China..
so really I should be close..
la.. about 5% in a minute.. so it should only take 1/2 hour..
will report back once done..
oops.. got a fail.. update package fail..
will try later.. and see if it comes through..

Edit... had no sdcard in.. it might have needed it..
its now going through.. at 20% now.. taking about 5 mins.. so
should be all down in about 20 mins..
I am online so will post back once done..

Last edited:

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
Same here, gonna try the original fw from the epad.hk site and see if I get a camera there, noticed the camera doesn't line up with the hole so maybe a hardware error, hopefully..

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
oops..
looks like it has gone back to
firmware: 2.1-update1 V1.8#2752
kernel version : 2.6.32.9

you said last night..
I'm just trying to flash the official 2.1 v1.9 (2852) update now and seeing if it fixes it..

So looking at these numbers...
2.1-update1 V1.8#2752 new download via update on pad..
2.1 v1.9 (2852) .. your version..

looks like a reflash back to 2.2 as it seems stable enough..
and yes.. i have lost my camera.. but I think that goes back to having to use the iuw file..
After burning, if the camera Huaping, please use the tool to re-burn a U0, in the document package we provide two Tablets of the camera, so please try each, will be OK!

How can I check that this is a true 2.2 update? is there a way of confirming it is a froyo build?

Last edited:

Trig0r

Jun 19, 2007
I went down to the original (according to epad.hk) fw of 1568 nad had no camera, then went to 2852 no camera, now on this 2.2 posted further up and still no camera, guy that gave me the tablet cant confirm camera working when he had it originally either :/
I also flashed both the u-boot-nand.bin files and that had no bearing on camera...

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
well it seems stable enough..
I got Marketing going..
at first it wouldnt let me register..
then opened Dolphin.. logged in to google via my google account..
Then back to Market.. and it let me register and log in..
it is also letting me pull down my brought applications..

Dolphin is moving faster then using _barsuk_ build.. (sorry.. just reporting..but mind you as yet I have not put all the apps back in via TB.. will confirm once I do that.. also I am using the stock launcher at the moment.. so will check if things slow down once I load up launcher pro.. )

I will be stoked to get Jamie Olivers 20 minute meals going on it.. as I got it on my phone.. so if I can get this plus the book reading going.. will be a happy chappy...

Last edited:

_barsuk_

Jan 29, 2011
Zaporizhzhya
Dolphin is moving faster then using _barsuk_ build..

Not surprising. My firmware is at alpha stage. Need to verify 3g work. Some speed improvements will be made ​​later.

well it seems stable enough..
Some questions for.
Can be installed angry birds with inserted sd-card?
Does it works with 3g modems?
Are there any artifacts on the screen when installing app?

PS
How can I check that this is a true 2.2 update? is there a way of confirming it is a froyo build?

What contains in the /system/build.prop?

Last edited:

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
What contains in the /system/build.prop?

260aom0.jpg

2cx9b0j.jpg

this is it..
interesting that you can see "persist app2sd".. but it is enabled=0
can we change this to allow app2sd ?

I am downloading angry birds now.. .will give load it soon and post back..
K..it loaded without pulling out the SDcard1..

It loaded in to the dir "sdcard" that has been setup on the install..
This is where the other programs are loading to..
Angry birds is playing beautiful on this build.. lol.. I might even have to start playing games..

Jamie Olivers 20 minute meals has loaded well too and all video's playing..
but its a little hungry on space.. so once I have done with some of the video's will wipe.. as its running @350meg

Last edited:
Reactions: _barsuk_

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
yes, and it seems they have setup a internal sdcard for apps..
kinda like a fake apps2sd..
I am showing..
Free space internal 908.43 of 984MB
SD 57.45 of 511MB

A lot of this is being taking by J.O program at this stage..

but this is also proving a problem for TBackup as it only wants to see backups on the /sdcard and I cant get it to point to the /sd1 which is the new path for the sdcard slots..
but as this Rom comes with the program APKmanager.. then it will can any sdcard 1 or 2 and usb and give you a option to load all your programs in on batch..
so its kinda like a backup anyway..

So far.. I am liking this... running smooth..

Last edited:

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Sorry but I love to update. I look forward honeycomb. Even with more anxiety the source code.
Inside there is also a new version of 'uboot. 0.6.1.5 ()
0.6.1.5 () ? I do not understand why the field is empty

got the same and cant root.. eee...
might drop back to the other one..
but this one is fast for sure..

edit: well for the hell of it.. I re-burnt the orginal 0.6.1.2 (587) u-boot-nand.bin to see if it would let me root.. but no go..
So I think I will go back to the first 2.2 as it is stable enough and allows me to do everything.. plus get root easy..

But stragulus and the linux boys.. this is the one to pull apart now.. as it is fast..
they have got some good tweaks in it.. that make the pad humm...

Last edited:

ygal

Dec 23, 2010
Must adI'm confuse

Tried to follow the last 2 days of discussion in this forum, and couldn't understand...

Is there new official 2.2. Version for the Flytouch 2 ? Any recommendation / direction how to install it ? Download it?

Please advise .
Thanks!

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the custom Froyo rom for the Flytouch 2. It is a port of the first Flytouch 3/Superpad 2 Froyo rom, adapted to run on the flytouch 2. I will update this post whenever a new version has been released.

This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.. If yours doesn't display a number there, you will need to flash firmware v2852 first, see below in FLASHING V2852

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip. Pick an image from the RELEASES section at the end of this post.

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:

• Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
    • In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
      • For this firmware to work, you need to have a recent version of u-boot. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it.See instructions below.

FLASHING V2852

You need to flash this firmware to install a new version of u-boot. To flash this firmware, you will need to connect your tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable, OR create a bootable SD-card.

• Download firmware V2852: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3bkklw36b1414nd
    • Download and unpack IUW: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3572bd7zfjo0r0y
    • Start IUW
    • If you use an USB cable: Click 'Link USB' on the left, select 'easy burn' from USB Mode pulldown in the right. Connect tablet to PC with the tablet turned offf, then turn it on by pressing & holding the menu+home buttons, then pressing the power button until it turns on. Release the menu+home buttons after a few seconds. Windows should now detect a new USB device. Install the drivers that are in the iuw1.1/otg_driver directory.
    • If you create a bootable SD-card, Click 'boot disk' on the left instead. Select sd-card to flash on the right
    • Select the IUS file form the v2852 firmware under 'Choose a wrapped image'
    • Click 'burn' to flash the tablet or create the sd-card. If you created an sd-card, boot the tablet with the sd-card in the top-slot, between the 2 USB connections.

TODO
    • How to enable 3G support for USB dongles?

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works, including calibration
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full), Youtube works
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed

VIDEO

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASES

Hi everyone.
    I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.

Most considerable changes:
    • Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
    • Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
    • Replaced youtube with the old working version.
    • Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
    • Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
    • Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)

Other changes:
    • Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
    • Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
    • Changed alarm clock.
    • Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
    • Changed music player with music mod.
    • Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
    • Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember. :)

Warning, notes etc...:
    • All apps are free apps from market.
    • Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
      • Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
      • Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
      • Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
    • App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
    • This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you. :)

How to install:
    1. First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
    2. Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
    3. Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
    4. Flash.
    5. The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
    6. While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.

File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO

I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome. :)

Cheers! I welcome custom mods of the base rom. I'm willing to add them as alternatives to the first post by linking to the introductory posts. In this case, it looks like parts of it are suitable for integrating into the base froyo rom (e.g. calendar & contact sync fix). What exactly did you do to fix those?
    Speed Problems with Flytouch2 and Froyo

For those of you who suffer from low speed and slow response I recommend Auto Killer - free from AppStore. It has an amazing effect on the Flytouch2 with this ROM. Doubled my free RAM from average of 24M to 48M and more. I installed SysTray Monitor and I am displaying my RAM so I see the change immediately. The unit response is so different now.
    This rom will only run on tablets which display a version number in the bottom-right "Infotmic" screen when first turned on.

In my case loader version number is missing. But u0 is 0.6.1.2_1.4.587_OV2655 and u-boot from 2852. And all work fine.

Probably condition is flashing firmware 2852 in the tablet instead of only u0?

IMHO.
    Because the firmware is full image and contained u-boot and u0. Flashing u0 need only if camera don't work with 2852 from full image. Of course, if the tablet has not been purchased already with firmware 2852 and above. Without this step you will get many reports of "fre-e-e-ezing" or "stop in android on screen" like in the previous thread.
    [ROM] (Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WWE10) 2.2#4325

Opened a new thread for it..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19677762#post19677762