Alcatel One Touch 991 gradu CUSTOM ROM v1.0 (Jelly Bean mod)

Search This thread

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
For some reasons,the other thread "Alcatel ot 991 gradu ROM v1.0 (jelly bean mod)" was closed,so i moved it here.Thanks,Archer!

New custom rom (jelly bean mod) for Alcatel One Touch 991

Don't forget to make a backup of your phone before installing this custom ROM.

1.You need new Clockworkmood + Root.
2.Unzip "gradu's (jelly bean mod) ROM.zip" in your computer.
3.Copy the zip files "gradu ROM v1 file 1" and "gradu ROM v1 file 2" on your sd card.
4.After copy,boot into CWM, Wipe data/factory reset,and Wipe cache partition.
5."Install zip from sd card" - first install "gradu ROM v1.0 file 1" then "gradu ROM v1.0 file 2".
6.Restart the phone and wait 2-3 minutes.
Enjoy it!
ALCATEL OT 991 GRADU V1.0 CUSTOM ROM here(click to download)

Features:
-changed main boot image
-Holo Launcher Pro+Jelly Bean Icons
-new JB apps
-more system apps helping you access system files and freeing memory (link2sd,root explorer,anttek)-NEED ROOT
-Clockworkmod already installed
-Free Antivirus Pro for 1 year
-Jelly Bean black status bar.

Main features of JellyBean StatusBar:
-Clones the official status bar from Android 4.1
-Allows support for third party notifications
-Auto-detection for hidden status bar or screen orientation
-Task killer safe! Will auto-reboot when killed
-Smooth gestures for default pull down
-Settings to choose what content you want to display
-Exclusion list for unwanted application notifications
-Notification Counter for repeating notifications
-0% battery drain (based on normal device use)
-Low ram foot print of under 24mb

and much more!

*For boot logo and battery animation,flash logo.bin with Flash Tool.
http://fastupload.ro/ca08ebd2c892c15b619082575760a7ea.html - logo.bin

GingerSam ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4oc2u3kllkceum/Gingersam.zip?dl=0

GingerSam for 991D ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3yrfmpeywfxo3w/Gingersam991D.zip?dl=0

GingerSam v 2.0 ®by Gradu download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu6bbqpb9od75x0/Gingersam 2 new.zip?dl=0
*Screenshots soon ;)
LOGO.BIN download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oujfz2y2eqr33f0/logo.bin
Boot logo and battery animation screenshots here

Restore.zip download link here
Backup.zip download link here (use it only if you want to backup your rom)

Some infos about GingerSam:
-RAM memory: 90 MB
-ROM memory: 144 MB
-Font type: Comic Sans MS(Droid Serif Italic)
-Samsung bootanimation
-Samsung sounds(notifications,message,etc)
-Samsung Galaxy S3 wallpaper
-CRT-Off animation
-Black statusbar
and much more!
*The installing method is a little different.Just read the Informations.;)

Installing GingerSam ®by Gradu:

-Download Gingersam.zip/Gingersam 991D.zip + Restore.zip
1.Unzip Gingersam.zip/Gingersam991D.zip
2.Create a folder named "firmware" on sdcard
3.Copy all .img files in folder "firmware"
4.Copy Restore.zip on sdcard (if you want to backup your rom ,copy backup.zip on sdcard and install it in recovery mode.
You have to know that everytime you install backup.zip,the .img files in "firmware" folder will be replaced)
5.Enter in recovery mode(boot into CWM) -> install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Restore.zip -> Yes
6.Reboot device

Enjoy it!
If you like it,hit "Thanks".;)

Some screenshots of the GingerSam rom:

Attachments

• 2013_07_09_22.31.30.png
    2013_07_09_22.31.30.png
    184 KB · Views: 13,541
  • 2013_07_09_22.32.08.png
    2013_07_09_22.32.08.png
    173.4 KB · Views: 11,746
  • 2013_07_09_22.32.45.png
    2013_07_09_22.32.45.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 10,946
  • 2013_07_09_22.33.15.png
    2013_07_09_22.33.15.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 9,238
  • 2013_07_09_22.33.35.png
    2013_07_09_22.33.35.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 8,387
  • 2013_07_09_22.33.51.png
    2013_07_09_22.33.51.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 7,841
  • 2013_07_09_22.34.04.png
    2013_07_09_22.34.04.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 7,318
  • 2013_07_09_22.34.17.png
    2013_07_09_22.34.17.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 6,963
  • 2013_07_09_22.34.31.png
    2013_07_09_22.34.31.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 6,626
  • 2013_07_09_22.34.46.png
    2013_07_09_22.34.46.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 7,672
  • 2013_07_09_22.35.26.png
    2013_07_09_22.35.26.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 6,767
  • 2013_07_09_22.36.06.png
    2013_07_09_22.36.06.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 6,479
  • 2013_07_09_22.30.54.png
    2013_07_09_22.30.54.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 6,790
  • 20130910033129117.JPG
    20130910033129117.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 6,207
  • 20130910033204803.JPG
    20130910033204803.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 6,220
Last edited:

adi.v

Aug 27, 2012
cluj-napoca
very good news....does it have ext2 support? or can we install scripts to increase internal memory space and have better ram management?

thx again :) :good:

Reactions: Gradu2012

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
very good news....does it have ext2 support? or can we install scripts to increase internal memory space and have better ram management?

thx again :) :good:

yes,you can install scripts,but if you can wait,this days i will upload it again with ext2.;)

Sent from my
ALCATEL_ONE _TOUCH_991 using xda app-developers app

DJNimrod

Nov 14, 2007
I get this error :
E:signature verification failed.

The phone is rooted and installed Clockworkmood.

Thanx

Last edited:

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
I get this error :
E:signature verification failed.

The phone is rooted and installed Clockworkmood.

Thanx

It's because signature check is "Enabled".You have to boot into clockworkmood then choose "Install zip from sdcard",then "Toggle signature verification".After choosing this,you will see a message"Signature check: Disabled".Now you can choose zip from sdcard and install it.Enjoy it!;)

Sent from my

Last edited:

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
It's because signature check is "Enabled".You have to boot into clockworkmood then choose "Install zip from sdcard",then "Toggle signature verification".After choosing this,you will see a message"Signature check: Disabled".Now you can choose zip from sdcard and install it.Enjoy it!;)

Sent from my

Is it also for OT991D with dual sim? If not, can you change it?

Why there are in any custom Rom differences, because if i look at the Alcatel-Upgrade-Tool (OTA), there is only ONE download for BOTH versions, 991 and 991D ?????

Oh...and how can i change the integrated Holo-Launcher with Go launcher? With normal installation (theni have two launchers) the phone is mega slowly :crying:

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
Is it also for OT991D with dual sim? If not, can you change it?

Why there are in any custom Rom differences, because if i look at the Alcatel-Upgrade-Tool (OTA), there is only ONE download for BOTH versions, 991 and 991D ?????

Oh...and how can i change the integrated Holo-Launcher with Go launcher? With normal installation (theni have two launchers) the phone is mega slowly :crying:
"Is it also for OT991D with dual sim? "-some days ago i already answered to this question and i said i'm still working on it(in fact the problem is that i'm working and this days i didn't have to much time),but don't worry,i will do it.
As for changing Holo Launcher with Go Launcher,i don't know if it's a good ideea(it "eats" a lot of memory),but if you really want to do it,here are the steps:
1.Firstly,you need link2sd installed
2.Install Go Launcher then go to link2sd
3.Search for Holo Launcher,choose it and then "Actions" ->select "Convert to user application" -> Ok
4.Now search Go Launcher and do the same steps,only that you have to choose "Convert to system application"
5.Go to Holo Launcher and uninstall it
6.Reboot your phone
That's it!You have Go Launcher as system application and main launcher!
Enjoy it!;)

Sent from my

Last edited:
Reactions: stefy_4545

melek-taus

Nov 6, 2009
Can you provide a few screenshots of the looks and the status kernel/ android version.

And if possible I would also like to know the:

Available RAM. and RAM in use.
Available ROM storage.
Available internal storage

What Apps are preinstalled.

Thank you in advance for the answers. I do think alot of people would want to know all of this.

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
"Is it also for OT991D with dual sim? "-some days ago i already answered to this question and i said i'm still working on it(in fact the problem is that i'm working and this days i didn't have to much time),but don't worry,i will do it.
As for changing Holo Launcher with Go Launcher,i don't know if it's a good ideea(it "eats" a lot of memory),but if you really want to do it,here are the steps:
1.Firstly,you need link2sd installed
2.Install Go Launcher then go to link2sd
3.Search for Holo Launcher,choose it and then "Actions" ->select "Convert to user application" -> Ok
4.Now search Go Launcher and do the same steps,only that you have to choose "Convert to system application"
5.Go to Holo Launcher and uninstall it
6.Reboot your phone
That's it!You have Go Launcher as system application and main launcher!
Enjoy it!;)

Sent from my

I´m very sorry, now i see your answer some days ago,too. Please, do not make stress to you and take your time quietly. Changing the laauncher was very easy, but, as you said, eats a lot of memory, so know i´m using holo again :eek:

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
New problem: I made of course a CWM backup of my phone (Stock ROM rooted with my apps) and never problems with restoring it. But after flashing " gradu CUSTOM ROM v1.0" i decide to wait for "v2 DUAL SIM" and till Gradu2012 has made it, I want to use my old ROM.

So i made the restore with CWM (frst Wipe data/factory reset,and wipe cache partition, of course), but the phone now hangs in a boot-loop and also still has the gradu-boat-animation and Sound, instead of the original one....WHY it´s not possible to recover and how can i repair this- the boot-loop?? (New flashing of V1. is no problem and the phone is booting correct, but i want to use my backup!)

Edit: Now i recover with OTA (One Touch Upgrade Tool) to factory version, root it again and then: no problem to recover with my CWM backup...but no idea, why its not possible after installing the Gradu--ROM????

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
New problem: I made of course a CWM backup of my phone (Stock ROM rooted with my apps) and never problems with restoring it. But after flashing " gradu CUSTOM ROM v1.0" i decide to wait for "v2 DUAL SIM" and till Gradu2012 has made it, I want to use my old ROM.

So i made the restore with CWM (frst Wipe data/factory reset,and wipe cache partition, of course), but the phone now hangs in a boot-loop and also still has the gradu-boat-animation and Sound, instead of the original one....WHY it´s not possible to recover and how can i repair this- the boot-loop?? (New flashing of V1. is no problem and the phone is booting correct, but i want to use my backup!)

Edit: Now i recover with OTA (One Touch Upgrade Tool) to factory version, root it again and then: no problem to recover with my CWM backup...but no idea, why its not possible after installing the Gradu--ROM????

Wait wait wait...firstly:did you get any error while making bakup before installing gradu CUSTOM ROM ?
And: After wipe factory/cache partition did you select "make backup recovery -> recovery ->yes" ?
For logo image,if it's not working with recovery,you have to flash your logo.img in Flash Tool.
Let me know EXACTLY what doesn't work.

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
Wait wait wait...firstly:did you get any error while making bakup before installing gradu CUSTOM ROM ?

No, and as i said, with the rooted stock Rom installed, the backup can be flashed back without any errors

And: After wipe factory/cache partition did you select "make backup recovery -> recovery ->yes" ?

I don´t know, what you mean- i didn´t made a backup from YOUR ROM. First the phone is in "factory-status", original. Then i´m rooting it, install my apps and change colours, settings, etc. and then I boot into CWM and choose "backup" to make a "home base" with the must-have-apps and settings.

And what ever i do in/with this ROM (i.e. init.d support, install/deinstall apps, changing launcher and so on) i EVER can flash back my backup without errors.

BUT when i flashed YOUR ROM and make the first settings (language, etc.) and then think: "OK, nice, but I need my Dual Sim and therefore want back to my "base", i boot into CWM, then first i choose wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache partition, then wipe dalvic cache- then i choose "recovery" -> yes and choose my backup file. The recovery process finished without any error, then i choose "reboot system now" and...boooooom....the phone hangs into a boot-loop, the boot-animation and the music starts again and again and again....

Maybe you think: aaah, he has a 991D (Dual Sim), but my ROM is for single Sim....nope, thats nothing to do with it. "Jeffta" made a Custom ROM for Dual Sim very similar to your ROM (two zip files to flash) and when i install this one, test it and want to go back to my base, i have the same failure- bootloop after recover my backup.

At this point there is (for me) no other way than to push the akku out and flash the unrooted original ROM with "Alcatel upgrade tool, root the phone, flash CWM and after all of this, i finally can flash back my "base backup" - the phone then boots normally and after 1 Hour i have back all my apps and settings :crying:

[/QUOTE]For logo image,if it's not working with recovery,you have to flash your logo.img in Flash Tool.[/QUOTE]

While bootloop, i had done this. I flashed back the original logo.img, and after reboot i first see the original picture (this green monster...lol), then starts your bootanimation (like a video) with your music and starts again and again and again......

I hope you understand me/all of this, my english is not so good (Germany).

Gradu2012

Jan 17, 2013
Bucharest
No, and as i said, with the rooted stock Rom installed, the backup can be flashed back without any errors....

Ok,i really don't know why is this happening.I installed it in my phone and restore my original backup and i don't have any problem(like boot-loop).Anyway,if your phone is working now with your original rom,wait for the one i will make for 991D.

P.S: For changing the bootanimation,you have to install Root Explorer then acces your system files like this: select "system" file -> "media" -> "bootanimation".There you have to find your original bootanimation.Copy it into your pc,unzip it and check the images you find in file1 and file 2.If it's not your original bootanimation,search it into "custpack" file -> JRD_custres -> "media".Make the same thing like with the other one.If this is your original one,replace the one you have into "system" file with the one you've found in custpack.

Let me know if you succeded.;)

Last edited:

catdoggy

Feb 15, 2009
P.S: For changing the bootanimation,you have to install Root Explorer then acces your system files like this: select "system" file -> "media" -> "bootanimation".There you have to find your original bootanimation.Copy it into your pc,unzip it and check the images you find in file1 and file 2.If it's not your original bootanimation,search it into "custpack" file -> JRD_custres -> "media".Make the same thing like with the other one.If this is your original one,replace the one you have into "system" file with the one you've found in custpack.

Let me know if you succeded.;)

Yes, my great master, I succeded. Yes, I tried it although I spend hours again to restore first the Alcatel original and then my backup :crying:

BUT its advantage is that I now know a trick to speed up the Alcatel Upgrade: This tool downloads directly from the Alcatel server, every time. So i was looking into OTA Dir and there was a "dowwnload" folder...but empty. Ok, i thought, the files were deleted after recovery. So i made a cup of coffee and do the upgrade procedure again and afterr the download, but before flashing, i copied the download folder to another place. :highfive:

And NOW i only need to copy the saved ffiles into OTA dowwnload directory and the tool is upgrading in about 5 minutes, not in 1-2 hours..jeeeeehaaaa :cowboy:

Ok, and now it´s your turn, i have a brain twister for you. The OTA is downloading 10.100 ".bin" files !!!! (yes, ten thousand and one hundred). Are YOU capable to make sweet two zip files (as by your ROM) with these original bin´s, that would make it very easy to recover. Or is there onother way (maybe for me, too) to make these 2 zip files from my running system or my backup?? :confused:

:good:

Last edited:
Reactions: icke68746

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reasons,the other thread "Alcatel ot 991 gradu ROM v1.0 (jelly bean mod)" was closed,so i moved it here.Thanks,Archer!

New custom rom (jelly bean mod) for Alcatel One Touch 991

Don't forget to make a backup of your phone before installing this custom ROM.

1.You need new Clockworkmood + Root.
    2.Unzip "gradu's (jelly bean mod) ROM.zip" in your computer.
    3.Copy the zip files "gradu ROM v1 file 1" and "gradu ROM v1 file 2" on your sd card.
    4.After copy,boot into CWM, Wipe data/factory reset,and Wipe cache partition.
    5."Install zip from sd card" - first install "gradu ROM v1.0 file 1" then "gradu ROM v1.0 file 2".
    6.Restart the phone and wait 2-3 minutes.
    Enjoy it!
    ALCATEL OT 991 GRADU V1.0 CUSTOM ROM here(click to download)

Features:
    -changed main boot image
    -Holo Launcher Pro+Jelly Bean Icons
    -new JB apps
    -more system apps helping you access system files and freeing memory (link2sd,root explorer,anttek)-NEED ROOT
    -Clockworkmod already installed
    -Free Antivirus Pro for 1 year
    -Jelly Bean black status bar.

Main features of JellyBean StatusBar:
    -Clones the official status bar from Android 4.1
    -Allows support for third party notifications
    -Auto-detection for hidden status bar or screen orientation
    -Task killer safe! Will auto-reboot when killed
    -Smooth gestures for default pull down
    -Settings to choose what content you want to display
    -Exclusion list for unwanted application notifications
    -Notification Counter for repeating notifications
    -0% battery drain (based on normal device use)
    -Low ram foot print of under 24mb

and much more!

http://fastupload.ro/ca08ebd2c892c15b619082575760a7ea.html - logo.bin

GingerSam ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4oc2u3kllkceum/Gingersam.zip?dl=0

GingerSam for 991D ®by Gradu download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3yrfmpeywfxo3w/Gingersam991D.zip?dl=0

GingerSam v 2.0 ®by Gradu download link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu6bbqpb9od75x0/Gingersam 2 new.zip?dl=0
    *Screenshots soon ;)

Restore.zip download link here
    Backup.zip download link here (use it only if you want to backup your rom)

Some infos about GingerSam:
    -RAM memory: 90 MB
    -ROM memory: 144 MB
    -Font type: Comic Sans MS(Droid Serif Italic)
    -Samsung bootanimation
    -Samsung sounds(notifications,message,etc)
    -Samsung Galaxy S3 wallpaper
    -CRT-Off animation
    -Black statusbar
    and much more!
    *The installing method is a little different.Just read the Informations.;)

Installing GingerSam ®by Gradu:

-Download Gingersam.zip/Gingersam 991D.zip + Restore.zip
    1.Unzip Gingersam.zip/Gingersam991D.zip
    2.Create a folder named "firmware" on sdcard
    3.Copy all .img files in folder "firmware"
    4.Copy Restore.zip on sdcard (if you want to backup your rom ,copy backup.zip on sdcard and install it in recovery mode.
    You have to know that everytime you install backup.zip,the .img files in "firmware" folder will be replaced)
    5.Enter in recovery mode(boot into CWM) -> install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Restore.zip -> Yes
    6.Reboot device

Enjoy it!
    If you like it,hit "Thanks".;)

Some screenshots of the GingerSam rom:
    I've tried this rom. it's a good rom but it haven't sim managment(in the settings) and reboot optiion (by clicking power button) . good work gradu :) and thank you!!

Well,this is the first edition of Gingersam for 991D,so i still have to work more to this rom.There will be next editions with more options and some changes.Until then,enjoy it and hit "Thanks" if you like it! ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 991 using xda app-developers app
    Yes,it has.in fact,i bought my phone from Spain ;)

Sent from my
    Hey all!Firstly...i know i promised i will upload the "samsung look-like" custom rom,but because of some bugs i still get in this rom,i thought trying to fix these problems anf then upload it.As i told you and i'm keeping telling you,i don't wanna upload it and provoke any damage to your phones or bricking them(as other creators of custom roms or roms are doing-i don't wanna give names,maybe some of you already know what i'm talking about).So,sorry guys but i need a little more time...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 991 using xda app-developers app