[SOLUTION] WM 6.5.x Start Menu Replacement WVGA/VGA/WQVGA/SQVGA/QVGA/HVGA

Search This thread

PCPhil

Nov 3, 2007
Like, wow.

On my little Diamond I have been running a cooked 6.5.x ROM with Titanium and Sense but only using the Titanium part.
When doing this I bumped the pagepool upto 16MB understanding that I would not run sense.

This is letting me run sense still with a high pagepool.
Just going to put cookie home tab on and see how it goes.

AmirX1

Jun 30, 2010
I really thank these wonderful
That's great
Is my phone Xperia X1
Job very well and did not know how to thank you really thank you
Task Qvyy loved this performance have
Feed me!
I hope the rest of your work as well as artifacts to be successful
I'm sorry for my bad English

AmirX1

Jun 30, 2010
Remember to say that this was:rolleyes:
As you said 15 MB of empty so that Ram
I really am sensitive to Ram to make empty and I always Clear Ram
The software and you have a problem in my mental RAM bit mode to unload Partly Cloudy solved!:D
Thank you, thank you ..:D

Last edited:

lcd4linux

Apr 3, 2008
That is a good suggestion. But you have to do this for every ressource, CPL and EXE so that it can be showed in the xTask Start Menu.

Maybe we could start that project in this thread.

My first experience with reshacker is not as good. The first *.exe with one Icon was good loocking, but couldn't be launched by shortcut :confused: The second with two Icons, was replaced only with one Icon and don't display that one :(

lcd4linux

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
Has anyone found a way to stop Sense 2.5 clock flip from taking precedence over xTask overlay?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I didn't coded nothing new, just tweaked and adjusted some programs to get a free working Start Menu Replacement solution. It gives you about 15 - 20 MB of more free RAM.

Many of us use the great xTask Manager. As you already now, this tool can replace the Start Menu. I cabed the newest xTask Manager 2.3b4 allong with the settings for Start Menu replacement and with files that disable the starndard WiMo Start Menu.

It works on WM 6.5.x (didn't tested it on WM 6.5) and on WVGA/VGA/WQVGA/SQVGA/QVGA/HVGA resolutions.

If you are already using xTask - please BEFORE you install my cab file, DELETE the file xt.reb from your Storage Card or MOVE it to another folder because this file is a backup file for xTask Manager settings.

In the xTask settings you can enable the Alpha Blending for Transparent Start Menu.

CAUTION: PLEASE BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE INSTALLING!

This is All-in-One Package.

1. Backup your system in the case that you don't like it. Normally you can also uninstall it, but you never knows.

2. Install my cab.

3. Reboot.

Changelog

1. Added Support for SQVGA
    2. Added Version where ActiveSync is not automatically closing. (Some problems with syncing are now fixed)

First version was downloaded 118 times.
    This is how the new Start Menu look like:

startmenureplacement1.jpg