Won't boot after flash cyanogenmod boot.img

Search This thread

mmp7

Aug 25, 2008
Nottinham
Hi Guys,

I got into a bit trouble with my Hongkong version one x and hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I was trying to flash the cyanogenmod stable rom by following instructions provided on their website. I have unlocked my phone and have found that it's actually an s-off version as well.

The first step I took is to extract the boot.img from the installer zip and run fastboot flash boot boot.img from fastboot mode. This all went well. However, when I was trying to copy the zip file using the adb push YOURROMZIP.zip /sdcard/ command, I got the no device found error. And my phone is stuck at HTC logo.

With the guidance of Thant, I have tried Clockworkmod 5.8.2.7 recovery and Philz recovery, but I got the same error when I tried to ADB side load rom in both recoverys.

Now I am totaly stuck. Does anyone know the boot.img in cyanogenmod stable rom contain, Kernal I assume? Is there anyway that I can flash the kernal of my old rom so I can at least get in Android?

My Hboot Screen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwqQHN9e6x81bnBQTEQ0aUUyWFk/edit?usp=sharing

-----------------------
Problem solved, all the thanks go to Thant.

Flashed philz recovery 5.15.9, mount sd card, copy rom to sd card, flash again latest Philz and flash the rom.

---------------------

Last edited:

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
The photos are not available...also try in fastboot fastboot erase cache and try again to boot into recovery...just hold power button and volume -

And if command writing failed try another recovery and which hboot do you have?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hi Guys,

I got into a bit trouble with my honkong version one x and hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I was trying to flash the cyanogenmod stable rom by following instructions provided on their website. I have unlocked my phone and have found that it's actually an s-off version as well.

The first step I took is to extract the boot.img from the installer zip and run fastboot flash boot boot.img from fastboot mode. This all went well. However, there is no way to get into recovery mode so now I have a phone that stuck in a screen with only HTC logo. Is there any way I can rectify this?

Many thanks In advance,
Ian

my fastboot screen
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwq...it?usp=sharing

when I try to enter recovery from fastboot

when I try to flash clockworkmod, I got an error, command write failed, unknown error.

You must to flash custom recovery TWRP 2.7 or from CM11 one x forum inside have recovery and then to go in recovery and flash the rom

Second when you connect the phon try command fastboot devices and see if your phone is attachen if you dont see your phone install the google drivers from one thread from @and313 again here in the thread and then try again many people report problem with fastboot after flashing the boot.img from CM11 and on all of them is problem with the drivers

Reactions: mmp7

mmp7

Aug 25, 2008
Nottinham
You must to flash custom recovery TWRP 2.7 or from CM11 one x forum inside have recovery and then to go in recovery and flash the rom

Second when you connect the phon try command fastboot devices and see if your phone is attachen if you dont see your phone install the google drivers from one thread from @and313 again here in the thread and then try again many people report problem with fastboot after flashing the boot.img from CM11 and on all of them is problem with the drivers

I have managed to flashed CM 11 recovery. tried TWRP 2.7 but touch screen doesn't work.

Now the problem that I am facing is to copy the zip file to SD card.

Tried using the fastboot push command but return the error device is not found. My Hboot version is 1.73.

Do you mind posing a link to the driver? I am using the latest driver in HTC sync manager.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
I have managed to flashed CM 11 recovery. tried TWRP 2.7 but touch screen doesn't work.

Now the problem that I am facing is to copy the zip file to SD card.

Tried using the fastboot push command but return the error device is not found. My Hboot version is 1.73.

Do you mind posing a link to the driver? I am using the latest driver in HTC sync manager.

Try to flash latest Philz recovery it is for kitkat rom and tuch work and maybe in your case the SD card mounting. If not try to flash 5.15.9 there sd card mounting work 100% copy the rom and flash again latest fil and flash the CM11 rom

mmp7

Aug 25, 2008
Nottinham
Try to flash latest Philz recovery it is for kitkat rom and tuch work and maybe in your case the SD card mounting. If not try to flash 5.15.9 there sd card mounting work 100% copy the rom and flash again latest fil and flash the CM11 rom

Hi Thant, will you be able to point me to the Google driver? I have flashed the latest Philz recovery but still couldn't side load ROM. When I check the device manager, the android phone is not recognized.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Hi Thant, will you be able to point me to the Google driver? I have flashed the latest Philz recovery but still couldn't side load ROM. When I check the device manager, the android phone is not recognized.

you flash the recovery with command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img? and this finish with success? What you see when you write fastboot devices?

This is the thread

mmp7

Aug 25, 2008
Nottinham
you flash the recovery with command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img? and this finish with success? What you see when you write fastboot devices?

This is the thread

The flash was successful and I have entered the PhilZ recovery. Very nice interface.

Now back to fastboot, the screen shows FASTBOOT USB, which means it connected but when I run fastboot devices I got nothing, yet I can still flash any recovery I like. I am wondering if I can download the HongKong rom recovery anywhere so I can get into android and repeat the whole process.

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
The flash was successful and I have entered the PhilZ recovery. Very nice interface.

Now back to fastboot, the screen shows FASTBOOT USB, which means it connected but when I run fastboot devices I got nothing, yet I can still flash any recovery I like. I am wondering if I can download the HongKong rom recovery anywhere so I can get into android and repeat the whole process.

download philz recovery 5.15.9 and flash it after this mount sd card copy your rom to sd card after this flash again latest Philz and flash the rom

Reactions: mmp7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I got into a bit trouble with my honkong version one x and hope someone can point me to the right direction.

The first step I took is to extract the boot.img from the installer zip and run fastboot flash boot boot.img from fastboot mode. This all went well. However, there is no way to get into recovery mode so now I have a phone that stuck in a screen with only HTC logo. Is there any way I can rectify this?

Many thanks In advance,
    Ian

my fastboot screen

when I try to enter recovery from fastboot

when I try to flash clockworkmod, I got an error, command write failed, unknown error.

download philz recovery 5.15.9 and flash it after this mount sd card copy your rom to sd card after this flash again latest Philz and flash the rom

Thanks a bunch. It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!