[FIX] New Market on Cyanogen 6.1 based builds

Search This thread

javolin13

Aug 22, 2009
Gilbert
This is for those of you who are currently running cyanogenMOD 6.1 or higher based builds who want to update your market to the latest version with the enhanced UI.

I'm not sure if this has been listed before, i did a search and found nothing, so here it is.

Steps;

1. Download the APK (located below)
2. Locate file using ROOT explorer and copy it
3. Browse to root/system/app & paste the file.
4. Do a full reboot (no hot reboot for users who have the option)

---
Using ADB

Steps;

2. Copy the file into your Android SDK tools folder
3. Push the file with the following commands;
- ADB remount
- ADB push vending.apk /system/app/vending.apk
4. Do a full reboot.

---
Using Terminal

Steps;

2. Copy the file into your SDcard ROOT FOLDER
3. move the file with the following commands;
- SU
- mv /sdcard/vending.apk /system/app/vending.apk
4. Do a full reboot.

Note; I'm running off of memory for the commands for ADB and Terminal, please feel free to correct me if any of these are off.

Attachments

• vending.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 536
Last edited:

birkholze

Jan 14, 2009
Clyde
www.centsports.com
I still get FC. I've tried several different versions and nothing has worked. Build is HD2ONE 0.3.5.

Update: Just tried one last thing.. created a "root/system/app" directory in the HD2ONE folder and copied it there. Still didn't work so I cleared the market data and cache and tried again. It started and it actually loaded the apps and then immediately FC'd. Ugh so close.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

javolin13

Aug 22, 2009
Gilbert
I still get FC. I've tried several different versions and nothing has worked. Build is HD2ONE 0.3.5.

Update: Just tried one last thing.. created a "root/system/app" directory in the HD2ONE folder and copied it there. Still didn't work so I cleared the market data and cache and tried again. It started and it actually loaded the apps and then immediately FC'd. Ugh so close.

You jinxed me! LOL I am running JDMS rom and just did the vending file to /system/app folder, and it worked for over 1 hr ++ then after a reboot now it FC each time.

SO after looking into it for a while, the reason why it FC is because its signed different than the other Gapps IE, Google framework apk, and others. What we need is the same Gapps that are all signed the same. Once we have those, it should work 100%, i'm going to start testing it with latest updates from the gingerbread release (which i'm assuming has the same signatures)

Reactions: craig.buckie

djdanska

Nov 2, 2006
Chicagoland
Doesn't work for me on the latest HD2ONE build either. I know once they get it to work, the developer for hd2one will add it or offer it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You jinxed me! LOL I am running JDMS rom and just did the vending file to /system/app folder, and it worked for over 1 hr ++ then after a reboot now it FC each time.

SO after looking into it for a while, the reason why it FC is because its signed different than the other Gapps IE, Google framework apk, and others. What we need is the same Gapps that are all signed the same. Once we have those, it should work 100%, i'm going to start testing it with latest updates from the gingerbread release (which i'm assuming has the same signatures)