Missing Baseband

Search This thread

oonline

Jun 17, 2008
Singapore
Hey guys

Not sure what happened but suddenly I don't have a baseband id any more... Doesn't show up on getvar all or in the bootloader...

All I did was install viper rom 1.7.1 and try to s-off with firewater... Although I keep getting the whelp message..

Is there anything I can do?

Everything works fine though

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Do you have a backup?
Should just be a case of installing a firmware.zip. You can get this from an ota.

Last edited:

oonline

Jun 17, 2008
Singapore
Do you have a backup?
Should just be a case of installing a firmware.zip. You can get this from an ota.
I don't have a backup! Maybe I should have backed it up before I started flashing... this has never happened to me before though..

Can i install firmware without s-off though? Would i have to relock my bootloader?

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You will have to relock boot loader. As long as you flash the latest firmware for your device and it matches your MID and CID it should flash using stock recovery.
Make a nandroid back up first of your boot.img as this will get overwritten then flash it back. Obviously you will have to reinstall your custom recovery again.

Reactions: oonline

oonline

Jun 17, 2008
Singapore
You will have to relock boot loader. As long as you flash the latest firmware for your device and it matches your MID and CID it should flash using stock recovery.
Make a nandroid back up first of your boot.img as this will get overwritten then flash it back. Obviously you will have to reinstall your custom recovery again.
will give it a go! thanks!

oonline

Jun 17, 2008
Singapore
Post an output of fastboot getvar all
hey guys... i've managed to update my firmware but now it says in the bootloader...

RADIO-INVALID_VER_INFO
OpenDSP-INVALID_VER_INFO

getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: INVALID_VER_INFO
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.54.707.7
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: SH447WM05857
(bootloader) imei: 358716055168669
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B11000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.