How is screen & back against scratches?

Search This thread

intolaomair

Dec 13, 2011
Toronto
Hi guys,
So I have the Xperia Z ultra right now and it has that awful anti shatter protection. Not only is the anti shatter film full of scratches after 2 days of use, it now has developed a weird haze effect. basically the screen looks all patchy with smudges on it.

Anyway, i want to keep my phone bare. How does the Z2 do against scartaches and such?

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
Hi guys,
So I have the Xperia Z ultra right now and it has that awful anti shatter protection. Not only is the anti shatter film full of scratches after 2 days of use, it now has developed a weird haze effect. basically the screen looks all patchy with smudges on it.

Anyway, i want to keep my phone bare. How does the Z2 do against scartaches and such?

Bit early to tell, but signs are good.

It's GG3, so should be no worse than any GG3 phone. I suppose.

ahvipardik

Aug 3, 2012
I have many scratches on the back and they came by putting/taking out the phone in/from the pocket and placing it on the table etc. So no rough use.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Th3DON

Mar 7, 2013
I have removed the back case, and with in a month i got a shatter (a single one) diagonally through the back of the screen and it looks ugly. Now i put my case back on..

mr.loverlover

Jun 23, 2014
Of course z2 has no screen protector anymore, but that's not a problem.
Front is just great. No scratches at all, even the smallest ones. I don't have any screen protectors and cases for the phone, but I also don't put it in the same pocket I hold my keys.

So now the back. Here I would recommend some screen protector.
If I take a look at the back under very intense light then there are thousands of mini scratches, that aren't normally visible. However, if someone is wearing jeans, he should be careful, as I've got like 3 deeper scratches that can be normally seen. Btw, they are less visible on white version.

Sent from Xperia Z2
Luckily not from an iPhone = Yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices