[Q] Kitkat on TouchWiz

Search This thread

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Not possible... if you can't live without dual SIM and still want the Kitkat goodies, you can always download Google's apps on Play Store and apply some cosmetic mods to make your stock ROM feels a lot like Kitkat.

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Not possible... if you can't live without dual SIM and still want the Kitkat goodies, you can always download Google's apps on Play Store and apply some cosmetic mods to make your stock ROM feels a lot like Kitkat.

Its possible actually..but no devs today i think will take interest to develop/port the whole OEM...it will not just be buggy..but also alot of time consuming..as all it needed is a base rom and port rom of same android versions (we got 4.4.2 cm11 as base already),there is a mere possibility to do this..
But i dont think anyone will do that mahn..
#reference from thread "port OEM's of same android version", many cases shows successful results (at least OP do)....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Its possible actually..but no devs today i think will take interest to develop/port the whole OEM...it will not just be buggy..but also alot of time consuming..as all it needed is a base rom and port rom of same android versions (we got 4.4.2 cm11 as base already),there is a mere possibility to do this..
#reference from thread "port OEM's of same android version", many cases shows successful results (at least OP do)....

Dude he was talking about "Touchwiz-based" Kitkat. Basically a CM11 on stock ROM. This is like wearing shoes on your head. Not possible.

But what you're talking about is "Kitkat-based" Touchwiz, which is possible but not feasible due to massive amount of work needed to convert the whole Touchwiz framework to Android 4.4 API...
Even Samsung itself (which is a giant company with hundreds if not thousands of coders) still need 3 months to port Note 3 Touchwiz to Kitkat... with our manpower here (about 4 active developers) this will take forever..

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Dude he was talking about "Touchwiz-based" Kitkat. Basically a CM11 on stock ROM. This is like wearing shoes on your head. Not possible.

But what you're talking about is "Kitkat-based" Touchwiz, which is possible but not feasible due to massive amount of work needed to convert the whole Touchwiz framework to Android 4.4 API...
Even Samsung itself (which is a giant company with hundreds if not thousands of coders) still need 3 months to port Note 3 Touchwiz to Kitkat... with our manpower here (about 4 active developers) this will take forever..

His words are still confusing brother :p.. Touchwiz based kitkat :p..KitKat which is based on tw...
Aaaahhh..confused like hell :p..
Thanks for clear bro..as always u do :)

Reactions: naufalhadyan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

His words are still confusing brother :p.. Touchwiz based kitkat :p..KitKat which is based on tw...
    Aaaahhh..confused like hell :p..
    Thanks for clear bro..as always u do :)

well no but if you want a rom (4.4.2) with dual sim i sugest to you pawitp's cm 11 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2563557) its the only one with 4.4.2 others like gennxt are just the official rom with extra features :)