[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Search This thread

NexusZomby

Mar 25, 2012
San Diego
no kernel works on this ? tried both Air and Matr1x , just horrible results, 4 seconds to respond to a single touch...

On the Kernel don't flash the CM version of either AIR or Matr1x and you will be flying high. :cheers:

So I keep having this issue cross-device. Both on my Nexus S and my Nexus 7 after I start playing a song in Google Play Music, leave the app, then come back, the Album Cover, Title, Album Description, play-progress time/position are all missing from the "Now Playing" screen. No data is given about the currently (still) playing song. I have to change song for the details to occur and that's plain annoying :p .

Yeah same here, but I just live with it. I have tried both regular slim gapps, and inverted slim gapps. But I noticed this problem in a few different 4.2.1 roms.

Wafflcopterz

May 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC1] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

i'm currently on xenonhd which i made myself comfortable with, but this one looks really really good.

one question: the google-search bar on top, can it be disabled?

Yes just install a different launcher and you should be able to remove it. I use apex. Zeam rocks as well.

As for the music issue, I neglected to mention my nexus 7 is also running slim bean. You could say I'm a slim bean fanatic.

I didn't realize this was happening in some other roms as well, this could be a more core issue than a slim issue.

Reactions: tchaari

FAFS

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

Is Marmite working better than matrix on this in your opinion? Matrix has been really fast and stable for me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

murfi

Jan 17, 2012
i'm on marmite and for me its working better than matr1x. matr1x had an extremely high battery usage - marmite seems to have the same performance without the battery usage.

NexusZomby

Mar 25, 2012
San Diego

i'm on marmite and for me its working better than matr1x. matr1x had an extremely high battery usage - marmite seems to have the same performance without the battery usage.

The maritime kernel is great but I got 10 hours, with matr1x, uploadfromtaptalk1359558990846.jpg

Now I am not saying it will work the same for everyone, but it works great for me. And that is running 13000 on demand / row.
Sent from slimmed NS4G

FAFS

Jun 12, 2010
Denver

Are you on marmite 7.3 the one with cm tweaks?

androidforeve

Jun 3, 2012

Do we use cm kernel with this?

Wafflcopterz

May 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
Yes just install a different launcher and you should be able to remove it. I use apex. Zeam rocks as well.

As for the music issue, I neglected to mention my nexus 7 is also running slim bean. You could say I'm a slim bean fanatic.

I didn't realize this was happening in some other roms as well, this could be a more core issue than a slim issue.
Google Music updated today! Seems to have semi-fixed my issue :) . Most info displays instantly it's great. I love problems that fix themselves!!!

amieldl143

Oct 3, 2008
Brentwood

Thought matr1x was the only kernel good. I reflashed with stock kernel it came with marmite is pretty awesome. Battery was better with marmite. Tried flash the latest marmite made my phone feel like a dual core with fair battery life. Got 10 hours with slight heavy use. And had 30 percent left..

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I'm settled with slim bean. Best pound for pound. Blackbean 7 right up there but this rom stable lockscreen wallpaper and more features in satisfied with. Many thanks to tchaari..

Reactions: tchaari

illr

May 4, 2012
Carlsbad, Ca
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Yes! I have a ? Would you happen to have the slim boot animation from the ICS slim the one with the little blue gears at the bottom? Or anybody have it? I loved that boot animation!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

androidforeve

Jun 3, 2012
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]Slim Bean (Crespo4g) [RC2] [stable] [many features] [+inverted]

Only thing this ROM is missing is split sms otherwise so far great

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Guys, RC2 is officially released.
    Eveything is in the website.
    You can start by the changelog http://slimroms.net/index.php/changelog ;)
    Enjoy ;)
    Guys, 4.2.1 beta 2 is officially released. We called it beta2 but it is very stable and it has all the features of slim bean 4.1.2 and more. We worked hard to make it always slim and snappy with the maximum of features.
    As usual, go to web site, read the changelog, download, flash and enjoy.
    Guys, build 2 is live with some new awesome features that I let you discover. Take your time to read the changelog flash and enjoy :)