[CLOSED-OLD VERSION][ROM] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition - Experimentals [UPDATED - 3/08]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nosunshine

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you!!!

Thank you gojimi and gtabdevs!!! This rom flys on my tab.

On another note when i flashed the linked gapps download, it fixed the search and home hard buttons that someone else complained about.

I bricked my GTAB after flashing the experimental version of CWM 3.0.5 from the GoJimi Website.

So.. Please don't use it!!..

APX and nvflash saved the day!

I'm having to start over from scratch with the stock TnT but thats better than having a brick, thank goodness I backed up a Good version of VEGAn before I did all this!

@thebadfrog.. you can say "I told you so" *lol*

Blades

Aug 11, 2008
that 13MB gb-gapps.zip I mentioned contains an older version of the market..

Which worked.. I can see my purchased programs and downloads.. How about them apples. I'm flashing back to 5.1.1 tho.. I can't deal with re-installing everything right now!

pqrs

Dec 5, 2010
Eagle Id.
thanks for the apps hook up! worked great and fixed the home and back buttons!
so i ran linpack and got a 37.75 and quadrant was low.. 1900 or something close...
for those wondering...;)

qubz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 12, 2007
A parallel dimension
Thanks gojimi for giving us a peak at your work. Has anyone noticed that location detection is not working for maps in this version like in the beta 1 version?

rob_z11

pqrs

Dec 5, 2010
Eagle Id.
This rom is pretty good! Im likingit more And more.... finally we have that lil cursor thing to move it around! Pretty close to a daily driver!
The only thongs i see are the lafk of keyboards and the market doesnt work well... it doesnt see any of my apps and the web based market doesnt see the tab..well it calls it a zpad and i cant send apps to it, bummer. Worked great on tnt... hate the android keyboard... my least favorite of all!

But im liking this rom, i didnt expect to have it installed for long. I may just stay with itfor a bit!

Pazzu510

Dec 10, 2010
WOw. XD
Ill download this rom in a while to take a look at it closely. This will entertain me a while since cyanogen mod 7 unofficial compiled by bittrix ceased with updates some days ago(damn, it was so good).

Edit: Never mind, i saw the post about bittrix testing beta6. XD. Good news, but still waiting vegan.

Question: Will gingerbread vegan will have the same wireless drivers and all those things? I use the "ip link set" to spoof my mac address and it only works on vegan 5.1. No other rom seems to work with this command that is why i prefer vegan rom(that and the incredible stability it has).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *************EXPERIMENTAL INSTALLERS BE AWARE*******************

**************** ALSO As these are Experimental Builds if a new kernel comes out and you flash it and it doesn't work.... Do Not hound the kernel builder.... they do not and can't support these builds as of yet ***

**** FINAL EXPERIMENTAL Version Uploaded ****

**** I have been having to Format System, Data, and cache from the Mounts and storage menu of clockwork between flashes ****

There is no support yet for these, and feature requests are not being taken just yet as it is still in a state of flux. With that said I know alot of you are itching to try something new. Keep an eye on this page and the linked page below as I will be uploading as I build from here on out...

These are Experimental Builds.... what does that mean? Well it means it worked on my dev tablet and may be missing a feature or two and or include some code that is not quite finished.

These are BLEEDING EDGE!
    *****Stop and reread from the beginning*****

ClockworkMod 0.8 is required. Make sure you are running 0.8.

These are all Update.zip format files are flashable through ClockworkMod. YOU MUST WIPE EVERYTHING DATA/CACHE/DALVIK! ****Even Between Versions of the Experimental... Everything is in a state of Flux right now****

Today will be the last Experimental build of VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition.... you can pick it up over on the Experimental page. I am almost ready to call this a Beta but wanted one more Experimental build to work out any final pre-Beta type bugs. So what is working? Well pretty much everything... LOL. I think we finally got the Main Market issues worked out... should see just about everything now. YOU MUST INSTALL THE LATEST GAPPS from here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/ . This has ONLY been tested with a FULL DATA WIPE, so if you are still having issues that may be your only option.

So what has changed? A lot since the last build.

Merged up to 2.3.3 Gingerbread.... that was a chore had to rebase and rebuild my entire repo as something wasn't jiving.

Merged in the TNT 3991 Libs.... the Ventana ones are not useful yet unfortunately.

Created a more tablet friendly lockscreen no more slide tabs on the side.... they are now on the bottom landscape wise as they should... and don't look phone like any more.

Statusbar improvements:

* Battery Percent graphics
    * Matching Wifi graphics
    * Added some full color icons for the statusbar power widget the status bar itself
    * Modified Statusbar Pulldown to better fit with theme (added a slight alpha to it and changed some elements to black)

Added in fake ril to help with Market Issues (ATM Phone stuff has to remain or it may break market) But I removed all of their icons from the launcher.... so unless you actually go to Settings/Manage Applications you will not know they are there.

Changed the (no service) text to VEGAn-TAB so we are not constantly reminded that we don't have phone parts.... :)

Removed RomManager, PacMan(auto market installer) as they cause issues with other things.

And Lots more background things that you will not visibly notice.

The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps still doesn't work (this is a screw up with maps on google's part they coded one of the layout files wrong, there is a fix but I don't want to do it because it screws with too many other things.... better to use the old maps version for the moment). SDCard and internal memory are now handled like we are used too with the old VEGAn and TNT and several other Builds.... Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2. With nothing else installed Quadrant consistently comes in at about 2100 and a 41.45fps on Nenamark so performance is pretty decent so far.

Hopefully I will move to BETA 1 fairly quickly... there are several "Features" I am trying to work out first though so it might be a week or so.

NOW STABLE HERE : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=12818284

ALSO: A Big Thanks to chariotdrive for the new boot animation! Gotta say it is pretty sweet! Also added his wallpapers to the stock picker and one of HIS Wallpapers is now the STOCK Wallpaper for the Experimental.

Running ChangeLOG:

VEGAn-TAB
    ### 7.0.0
    *VEGAn: Added StatusBar Buttons
    *VEGAn: Changed References to Phone to Tablet
    *VEGAn: Added properly sized Wallpapers
    *VEGAn: Changed some of the CM references to VEGAn to not confuse user
    *VEGAn: Changed Statusbar size to accomodate StatusBar Buttons
    *VEGAn: Graphical Icon changes and improvements
    *VEGAn: Make default options more relative to Tablet Devices
    *VEGAn: Added Latest PERSHOOT Kernal and Wifi Driver
    *VEGAn: Fixed Rotation on Camera service(Mirror issue still prevalent)
    *VEGAn: Fixed Rotation issues in Camera App
    *VEGAn: Changed Boot Animation
    *VEGAn: Changed mount points for sdcard and internal memory (now matches vegan beta 5.1 scheme)
    *VEGAn: Made statusbar a bit smaller
    *VEGAn: Increased speed of animations a bit to improve snappieness
    *VEGAn: New BootAnimation *Thanks Ian*
    *VEGAn: Rearranged statusbar info icons
    *VEGAn: Removed cmstats
    *VEGAn: Removed cmupdate
    *VEGAn: Removed phone
    *VEGAn: Removed telephonyprovider
    *VEGAn: Removed mms
    *VEGAn: Removed dspmanager - for now
    *VEGAn: Added more permissions.xml's to help deal with some issues
    *VEGAn: Cleaned up some icons for various vegantab apps
    *VEGAn: Merged in some more CM wallpaper additions
    *VEGAn: Merged in relevant changes from CM Tree
    *VEGAn: Cleaned up the reboot option some more
    *VEGAn: Modified default workspace for launcher (changed buttons and number of)
    *VEGAn: Build.prop changes
    *VEGAn: Merge up to Android 2.3.3
    *VEGAn: Merge in TNT 3991 Libs
    *VEGAn: Created a more tablet friendly lockscreen
    *VEGAn: Statusbar improvements
    *VEGAn: Battery Percent graphics
    *VEGAn: Matching Wifi graphic
    *VEGAn: Added some full color icons
    *VEGAn: Added in fake ril to help with Market Issues (ATM Phone stuff has to remain)
    *VEGAn: Removed launcher instances of Phone then readded removed phone stuff
    *VEGAn: Modified Statusbar Pulldown to better fit with theme
    *VEGAn: Changed the (no service) text to VEGAn-TAB
    *VEGAn: Removed RomManager, PacMan(auto market installer)

CyanogenMod
    ### 7.0.0
    * Common: Android 2.3.2 (Gingerbread) - Google
    * Common: Fixes and changes from AOSP master - Various
    * Common: ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0: Koush, Cyanogen, Zinx
    * Common: Themes engine - T-Mobile
    * Common: Performance enhancements for Qualcomm hardware - Code Aurora
    * Common: New boot animation - 73v1n
    * Common: Fix readahead values for NAND/MMC devices
    * Common: Revamped notification widget - cvpcs
    * Common: Updated various graphics for GB style - blunden
    * Common: DSPManager updated for 2.3 - alankila
    * Common: Restyled music app and forward-port of features - Jason Asher
    * Common: Rotary answer in Phone app - James Peterson
    * Common: BT VoiceDialer fixes - Matthew Sparby
    * Common: Calendar enhancements - James Peterson
    * Common: Stagefright fixes for 7x30, 8x50, and 7x27 - Zinx, arcee, Cyanogen
    * Common: Pacman package manager - Kmobs
    * Common: Workaround for unknown phone number - Jiri Tyr
    * Common: Trackball answer/hangup - Juan Rodriguez
    * Common: CMParts reorganization - Robert Burns
    * Common: Optional screen on/off animations - Diogo Ferreira
    * Common: New browser incognito mode - optedoblivion
    * Common: New trackball/trackpad wake - Zinx, Cyanogen
    * Common: Legacy sensor/GPS support - arcee
    * Common: Enabled v8 javascript engine on armv6 (msm7227/msm7225) - arcee
    * Common: Customizable overscroll - arcee
    * Common: Torch cleanup - defer
    * Common: 2D compositor backwards compatibility - arcee
    * Common: OpenGL backwards compatibility - Zinx, Cyanogen
    * Common: SMS templates using gestures - Riccardo Ciovati
    * Common: Phone Goggles - David Bidorff
    * Common: Option to always show battery percentage on lockscreen - Robert Burns
    * Common: CPU frequency/scaling control in CMParts - Robert Ramiega
    * Common: Option to pause/play music with camera button - cvpcs
    * Common: Allow SIP User-Agent configuration - arcee
    * Common (non-HTC): Fixed mobile connection suspension - arcee
    * Common: New music widgets - Jason Asher
    * Common: Updated FLAC support - cvpcs, Cyanogen, kroot
    * Common: Updated wallpapers - Fitsnugly, Prash
    * Common: Customizable search/long-press search - Sven Dawitz
    * Common: New lockscreen styles - Rotary Revamped (default) and Lense - Sven Dawitz, Stefano Pignataro
    * Common: Customizable app launcher on rotary lockscreen - Sven Dawitz
    * Common: Now playing and album art on lockscreen - kmobs
    * Common: GPS fixes - CodeAurora
    * Common: Breakfast/Brunch - arcee

No Screenshots yet as there are issues with Gingerbread and Screenshots on the TAB.

Here is a link to a video of the NEW BOOTANIMATION! http://vegantab.gojimi.com/2011/02/24/new-boot-animation/
    Post Updated with newest and LAST Experimental.... Latest Gapps Installer works on this version as does market... so far market looks to be almost 100%..... probably as close as we will ever get with it.... the WEB Market Doesn't show the device as compatible with everything yet... but the on device market works... THIS IS WITH A FULL DATA WIPE... not sure if it will work right without the data wipe.
    I see the empty screen on "My Apps" as well. I took your advise and installed app brain so it could see the app updates. It does, but when I click on one to update, it says it can't find it.
    If you modify the following line of the build.prop file under your /system folder, as follows, and complete the rest of the instructions, you should see all of your installed Apps under "My Apps" in the Google Marketplace.

1) Change "ro.sf.lcd_density=160" to "ro.sf.lcd_density=161", then reboot.

2) Perform the "Standard Market Fix":
    a - Open the Market and browse around.
    b - Leave Market open, go to Home Screen, then Settings -> Applications->
    Manage Applications, click the "All" tab at the top of the screen.
    c - Scroll down to and select "Market", click "Clear cache", then "Force Stop",
    then hit the back button.
    d - Scroll up to and select "Google Services Framework", click "Clear data",
    then back out to the Home screen.
    e - Try launching the Market. You will get an error, that's expected.
    f - Reboot.

3) Download any Free program. In a few minutes all of your Apps will show up under "My Apps".

PLEASE NOTE: Changing the screen density may affect other programs, specifically some games so just be aware of the tradeoff.
    ok, so i see the new maps doesnt work, anyone have a link to the maps that does work?:eek:

I've attached 5.0.0 that works

Here's a link for other versions:
    http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/google-maps