[APK] Google Play Store v3.5.16 + MOD

Search This thread
i wouldnt know yet, mine says it wont install because of the same signiture apk :(

I uninstalled the Google Play app using Rom Toolbox (and froze the market updater with the same app) before moving the mod version of the Play Store to System\app. It installed fine and everything works as it would normaly. Just don't think i'm seeing any apps that would've been unavailable in the UK.

MiK31291

Oct 7, 2010
Sheffield, UK
I uninstalled the Google Play app using Rom Toolbox (and froze the market updater with the same app) before moving the mod version of the Play Store to System\app. It installed fine and everything works as it would normaly. Just don't think i'm seeing any apps that would've been unavailable in the UK.

is there a way of doing this without root? the only reason i ask is because i havent rooted my Galaxy Nexus. couldnt i just stop the data connection, remove the app and then install this one over the top?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I can't update or download anything, every time I try the app crashes. But I can brows without problems though the store.

What am I missing, can it be some old cache data there makes it go "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped." ?

have you tried browsing through the play store on your pc? some people reported that they could install the apps that way. if that doesnt work, then i dont know what else to try im afraid.

is there a way of doing this without root? the only reason i ask is because i havent rooted my Galaxy Nexus. couldnt i just stop the data connection, remove the app and then install this one over the top?

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

have you tried browsing through the play store on your pc? some people reported that they could install the apps that way. if that doesnt work, then i dont know what else to try im afraid.

Tried clearing the cache on the Play Store? I'm sure plenty have tried it, but not sure if it's helped them or not.

AppelonD

Dec 6, 2011
Aarhus
dennis-blog.appelon.net

No sorry I didn't. But I kept playing around, and in the end I had to jump back to 3.4.4 and then update my way to make it work again. I even tried to jump from 3.4.4 to the modded version, but the same problem kept appearing. "Purchased order failed downloading" or something like that, came every time I tried update or download free or paid.

I'm a little sad, I really could taste the Global (no boundaries) Play Store for a short while..

kemistry01

Aug 10, 2011
North Caloocan
i don't know but i can't seem to have a search feature. i press on the search button but soft keyboard doesn't seem to appear. so i can;t search. but i can browse.

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011
OP

Might want to make the OP a little more clear. Mainly concerning the non-modded and modded version. You're going to get a lot of traffic b/c this is on the front page, and it'll save everyone's brains if this thread doesn't get flooded with irrelevant questions.

Also, which one do I use? The OP or the second guy's?

Ugh. Doesn't matter, neither worked for me. Apps that Google deems "incompatible" still aren't available in search, simply b/c my dpi is 210 instead of the default 240 for HDPI devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: buzzboy

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
Doesn't work here at all. I tried copying to /system/app directly. Also tried removing the original with TB, install the modded one, then moving it as a system app. I still have to use market enabler to change country and the market doesn't let me download because country restrictions (yes, i also deleted the app data before every try).

it doesn't work with my phone too. i have to use market enabler to change carrier but i still can't buy any app. have you found any workaround to this problem yet? please share :)
Edit: i attached a picture to better illustrate the problem i'm having. i'm using modded version + carrier spoof (with Market Enabler app)

Also, which one do I use? The OP or the second guy's?

both doesn't work, with my phone. i don't know about others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-16-03-56-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-16-03-56-10.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

xinfinityoO

May 14, 2011
Wellington
the one i posted works fine for me.. a few pages back i suggested a method to install it or for ppl who gets errors.. it worked for me on the first try

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

here is another version i found.. i havnt tested it .. so BACKUP first

Be sure, your phone is rooted properly
Download Root Explorer if you don't have it installed
Go to /system/app/ and delete the Vending.apk (leave the Vending.odex untouched!). Sure, youc an backup your old Vending.apk to your SDCard as well.
Install the downloaded Vending.apk
Reboot your phone
Start Play Store and grant the access. You'll be asked to do so
Enjoy!
http://depositfiles.com/files/x697gci7e

mirror:
http://yfdisk.com/file/wodeaigsq/6ae77ef3/

Galaid

Sep 1, 2010
Anyone knows why I still can not see Google Maps after succesfully installed the mod? What else could I try?

sakhr

Feb 14, 2012
Why don't you use MarketEnabler? It helps you to see and install most of apps.

MarketEnabler does not work for everyone.

in my case, it allow me to see paid apps all fine, i cannot buy it, even though i used MarketEnabler before and i managed to buy a bunch of apps, but it does not allow me anymore.

infact i tried both Files and i still i get ( an error occurred ) or the item is not found etc

Teovald

Jan 15, 2012
Does this app also allow you to buy books (or music) ?
I have been trying to buy a book for a couple of days by clearing the play store cache, faking my ISP & using a vpn but since I don't own an american credit card it does not work.

|=Matrix=|

Apr 17, 2008
Hi,
I tried with Root Explorer and I can use the Google Play Store normally but I cannot install the blocked App (for Country Restrictions) as in the screenshot.

It say Impossible to find the App that I try to buy...

Are there a fix for it?

Thanks a lot
Matteo

PS I have a Galaxy S II GT-I9100 with Android 4.0 ICS Samsung Leak

Could Someone help me, please?

mauaus

Oct 22, 2010
sweet! gonna give this a go!

Any way to fix Error 940, im trying to download Splashtop HD on my Galaxy Note but it immediately pops up, everything else downloads normally

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOI4K.png

cCQcr.png
    j4dSD.png
    Fgify.png
    ehmlA.png

Google Play Store (Android Market) v3.5.16
    Requirements: Android v2.2+
    Overview: Play Anywhere, All your entertainment in one place, Google Play is your one-stop shop for all your favorite entertainment.

ChangeLog:

- Play Store has becomes lot more faster than 3.5.15,
    - Frequent force close errors for the users of Froyo 2.2 has been addressed,
    - Works faster even on Slower data speeds,
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).
    ----A few of the stock apps that apparently never got linked to the Play Store before got identified and picked up this time, and updates.

DISCLAIMER​
    :

Proceed with caution and at your own risk. I am no way to be held responsible for any loss of data or any damage to your phone as a result of you using this mod.

Using this Mod:
    - You cannot download/buy apps that are not available in your country. You can only view them in Google Play Store.
    - You cannot download Paid apps for free.

NB: Google has control on the server side, therefore it is NOT possible to make a version that allows you to buy/download apps that are not available in your country.

Mod version features:
    - Unlimited access to apps in Google Play Store
    - Removed countries restriction in Google Play Store
    - Fixed the issue which your device is not compatible with this item in Google Play Store

You can only replace the current market apk for the original non-modded version.
    You will require ROOT if you want to install the Modded version!

Installation Guide

For non-modded version:

1) Download the apk from the links
    2) Put the apk on the phone ,don't use adb install *.apk in won't work it will say it already exists
    3) Open the apk from the phone using a File explorer (e.g. ES File Explorer/Root explorer)
    4) it will ask you if you want to replace the current market,press yes.
    5) Wait for install and voila you have the new market :)

NOTE:this method replaces the old market.

For Modded version:

1) ROOT is REQUIRED! If you haven't rooted you phone then shoot yourself already!
    2) You will need to Download 'Root Explorer' and mount as 'R/W' or any file browser that can access /root folder if you don't already have it installed.
    3) Go to '/system/app/' and backup the 'Vending.apk' (Gingerbread) or 'Phonesky.apk' (ICS) to your SD Card (leave the Vending.odex untouched!).
    4) Check if you have either 'Vending.apk' or 'Phonesky.apk' and delete it.
    5) Now, Move the modded apk that you have downloaded to '/system/app/' and rename it the same as your backup version.
    6) Change the Permission to 'rw-r--r--'
    7) NOW, Reboot your phone!
    8) Finito!

Troubleshoot:
    If you have download problem after Installing new market do this

" Connect your phone to your computer,
    set in usb mass storage mode. Look for
    a hidden folder called ".android_ secure"
    and then delete the file
    "smdl2tmp1 .asec". Unmount and you
    should be good to go."

(Credit: androidadvices.com @Changelog

Mirrors:

Google Play Store v3.5.16
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t7bvus8qwee826a

Google Play Store v3.5.16 MOD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n3bjcxpnbn6ssxm
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

http://rapidgator.net/file/2202601/Vending.apk.html
    Modded version to allow all apps and country and device restriction removed

Thanks, works for me on CM9. I unistalled the old market with titanium backup after a nandroid backup and placed vending.apk it in /system/apps, reboot and finished :)
    - Slight UI changes in “My Apps” section
    ----You now have the Installed and All tabs you can swipe between. The former one is what we used to have before - it lists all apps installed on your device. The latter lists all apps you've ever installed in case you want to download them again or travel down the memory lane. This is quite handy, and I've seen this list before in the Play Store on the web, so it's great to get it here in the mobile app.
    ----The All tab contains a handy dropdown with all your accounts (if you added more than one) and lets you switch between them very easily (as opposed to clicking Menu, etc).

It's already on v3.5.15
    @protetul: don't try to install it, download the version that xinfinityoO posted and place it in /system/app, change the permissions and reboot, it should work. I use the latest nightly of CM9 and it works great.