[NOV16][STOCK ICS][NEW BL][NEW LAYOUT][CLEAN][CWM 6][ROOT][FACELOCK][UNBRICK] v28G

Search This thread

directorsashi

Nov 4, 2011
chennai
audio calling problem

Dear sir,

I installed this ROM last week, but i have a one problem in this ROM, when i make a voice call that time i can't receive other side speaker audio, then my voice can't hearing other side, when i restart my phone i make call clearly, but same problem came to one or two hours, how to clear this problem, kindly snuggest me pl

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
kindly suggest me, how to install base band and where i get v30B base band???

Perhaps in the 'Complete baseband overview' thread? :rolleyes:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1658047
I don't wish to sound rude, but the thread with the information you require is pinned right at the top of this section. At least try searching or at least looking in the forum you are posting in :D It's probably quicker than waiting for others to tell you the answer to your question anyway ;)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2

directorsashi

Nov 4, 2011
chennai
2g & 3g data not working

Dear sir,

Hardly Thanks to given a super rom to my lg p990, battery back up was extended, but little problems came on this rom, some times make a voice calls not working clearly or not hearing other side , and 2g and 3g internet data not working totally, WiFi is very fine , i install 28g base band also, kindly suggest me what i do can i get 2g&3g data setting

Last edited:

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Need a stock backup for the old BL

Hello guys, I'm facing a very annoying issue, (I'm having an old BL) mine USB cable not working properly (just charges the phone, and nothing more happens, all drivers are up - to-date. Strange bug, happened after few days while being on CM 10.1. I don't know if that is related but after using cm10.1 I have advance-wiped not only cache, dalvik, but also system, data , etc..then moved to 7.2 stable, still got no USB functions, computer just does not see my phone(tried 3 computers using windows 7 32/64 bit,Nvflash is also not seeing the device.) I wonder if someone could post a working Froyo or Gingerbread backup for CWM 6.0.3.1, Maybe being on stock will help me fix the USB bug. Thanks! ;)

petr.klos

Aug 28, 2010
Hello guys, I'm facing a very annoying issue, (I'm having an old BL) mine USB cable not working properly (just charges the phone, and nothing more happens, all drivers are up - to-date. Strange bug, happened after few days while being on CM 10.1. I don't know if that is related but after using cm10.1 I have advance-wiped not only cache, dalvik, but also system, data , etc..then moved to 7.2 stable, still got no USB functions, computer just does not see my phone(tried 3 computers using windows 7 32/64 bit,Nvflash is also not seeing the device.) I wonder if someone could post a working Froyo or Gingerbread backup for CWM 6.0.3.1, Maybe being on stock will help me fix the USB bug. Thanks! ;)

Just create yourself a backup and nvflash the old thing.
AIO Toolkit around here will help you and make switching roms and bls easy as pressing a key.

Of course, that only if you phone works in NVFLASH mode or Smartflash mode. (fastboot and download mode, is it?)

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Just create yourself a backup and nvflash the old thing.
AIO Toolkit around here will help you and make switching roms and bls easy as pressing a key.

Of course, that only if you phone works in NVFLASH mode or Smartflash mode. (fastboot and download mode, is it?)

The thing is that I cannot start any of the AIO toolkit action because my phone is not detected by pc AT ALL. it goes without saying that i cannot flash any stock rom using AIO toolkit or similar, just CWM. It would be great to run NVflash...it would..:crying:

petr.klos

Aug 28, 2010
The thing is that I cannot start any of the AIO toolkit action because my phone is not detected by pc AT ALL. it goes without saying that i cannot flash any stock rom using AIO toolkit or similar, just CWM. It would be great to run NVflash...it would..:crying:

So, have you tried different cable? (I saw computers, not cable. - this is common issue, one of four wires may be cut off.)

kekks

Jun 13, 2012
Mumbai

Are you using the same USB in all the PC, if yes try changing the USB (connect it on main USB, the motherboard one), or uninstall previous drivers reinstall the drivers and do select USB debugging on ur phone, Hope this solves ur problem

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Mindaugas92

Jul 28, 2012
Are you using the same USB in all the PC, if yes try changing the USB (connect it on main USB, the motherboard one), or uninstall previous drivers reinstall the drivers and do select USB debugging on ur phone, Hope this solves ur problem

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Did everything. Computer not even plays any sound when connencting the cable. Tried with different cables, nothing. Meanwhile using same cables for nokia phone, computer detects it, but not my p990..

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
Montreal QC
Did everything. Computer not even plays any sound when connencting the cable. Tried with different cables, nothing. Meanwhile using same cables for nokia phone, computer detects it, but not my p990..

Well, its either your not deleting the old drivers properly, installing new drivers properly. or the data part of your p990 usb port is broken.

make sure when your removing the drivers to delete them from the pc. (even try another pc to test connection)

after your old drivers are correctly deleted, download the correct drivers and PC suite for the p990, install both of those, in administrator mode (right click run as admin)

run the AIO tool as Admin also, and press I to install the NVflash drivers.

Have your phone connected when your deleting your drivers, .. but disconnect it before you install all the new software / drivers.

only connect again after they are all installed again. ....

and please take this problem to the Q/A thread instead of filling an unrelated issue on a Rom Thread for no reason.

Reactions: kekks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG P990 Stock ICS v28G
    +
    new official ICS bootloader (NVFlash version) &
    new ICS partitioning layout (NVFlash version) &
    Root &
    Facelock &
    Google Now &
    CWM 6 (NVFlash version) &
    essential tweaks &
    more widgets &
    init.d functionality &
    ad blocking &
    CLEAN
    -- as NVFlash version and as CWM ZIP as well, for re-flashing without full wipe (coming from new bootloader already) :cool:

... prepared for upcoming guestekrnL for ICS -- a proper custom kernel will increase the smoothness of the ROM noticably! ...

Donators from XDA:
    • nadudan
    • momo_280
    • redefined_
    • trocopassu
    • galpec
    Thank you !! :good: :cowboy:

Script by spyrosk for backing up data of internal SD card so you don't loose anything when using NVFlash version: LINK -- currently for use on Windows only

Personal note November 20:
    Let's face it:
    After all stock ICS currently just is no good for many people's everyday use. While it does perform very well for many other people.

Cocluding from my own ICS usage experience with the latest v28E & v28G builds:
    • stock ICS indeed is very smooth while scrolling, even without a custom kernel
    • but unfortunately with rising workload it starts hanging and lagging annoyingly much (on my own phone)
    • for many people it is just not stable enough (yet)

More specifically today I've made new versions / rebuilds of my stock Gingerbread kernel and my Stock GB GoodBye ROM v2.0 (The rebuilt and updated ROM has just been released (NOV 20 2012).) and came to following conclusions (for my own phone):
    • GoodBye ROM is smoother than my current ICS builds and stays smooth
    • GoodBye ROM is more stable than my current ICS builds
    • GoodBye ROM is more energy efficient than my current ICS builds
    • GoodBye ROM is faster than my current ICS builds
    • GoodBye ROM offers a highly tweakable custom kernel and TrymHansen's outstanding GuesteOC app

So many people have written that this ICS ROM is a great ROM, well I can promise you guys, if you already like this quite non-perfect ICS, you will for sure love my Gingerbread Goodbye ROM v2.0R ! :cowboy:
    In case you guys haven't tried it yet, I'd be happy if you do so. I've put quite much effort in the latest versions.

So if ICS does not work good for you on your phone and you want a ROM smoother, faster, more stable and more energy saving than my currently offered ICS builds, then you might want to try this ROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=34379632&postcount=267 (NVFlash versions available)

What does all this mean?
    • I'm temporarily going back to my Gingerbread ROM for my personal use
    • I'll watch further ICS development from there, everyone is free to join me
    • I will continue updating this ROM to the latest ICS bases as usual, just don't use them myself until performance and stability improves

Essential update November 16:

New NVFlash versions (v28E & v28G) are available.

New features:
    • fixed bootloader, so Smartflash will work again for everyone
    • CMW Recovery 6, no more too big font in CWM, also no more /cache errors [edit: if you still get them: just format /cache partition in CWM]
    • fixing sizes of recovery partition and boot partition
    • NO full wipe required!! New NVFlash version can backup your /data partition and restore later (Internal SD will still be wiped!)
    • Noob-secure flashing process. Telling the user exactly what to do and asks for confirmation before doing anything.
    • Stock LG ICS content for internal SD card can be flashed as well (user is asked) - gives some extra music, apps, videos
    • No more deodexed version. I think odexed works best.
    • Google Now (Online-version) preinstalled, still about 25 MB free space in /system partition
    • additional widgets from SU660 preinstalled
    • the new installation scripts are available for both Windows and Linux (tested by me extensively)
    • Windows APX driver included (for Linux not needed)
    • hopefully no more battery drainage problems on v28G version
    • some minor things. A custom kernel by me will come as soon as we get the final kernel sources!

New CWM ZIPs are available as well! Please be aware that they do not upgrade bootloader (=fix of Smartflash Bug), CWM (from 5 to 6) or fix partition sizes for boot and recovery partition (were too small, could cause problems lateron). Only NVFlash version does that. So you might prefer to, as a one-time-upgrade, use NVFlash version. You can, with the new NVFlash versions, backup and restore your /data partition, so your settings and apps won't be lost. Only Internal SD will still be wiped.

The new ICS builds are available in download folder, in subfolder "Second Generation ROMs (improved, recommended)".

About the CWM for new bootloader:
    • made by me thanks to help and files by wkpark - this guy is really knowledgeable!
    • Enjoy: It is still possible to enter CWM DIRECTLY through pressing "VOL -" AND POWER !!!! :cool:

This ROM is for ...
    • those who want to easily change to the new Stock ICS bootloader, partitioning layout and kernel
    • those who want everything to be CLEAN STOCK and still want to have all features like root, CWM and so on
    • the DEVs who need a solid base for making their custom ROMs out of - feel free to take this ROM as base for your ICS custom ROMs!! - you can make them as CWM versions, because everyone who is using this ROM can flash your custom ROM easily with CWM then.
    • those who want to use it as a stable and smooth daily driver
    • those who have bricked their device and need to unbrick it (NVFlash version)
    • those who want to switch from Gingerbread or CM10 with older bootloader and different partitioning directly to ICS v28G (NVFlash version)
    • those who want to get the currently best possible base for later installation of custom kernels and custom ROMs (CWM flashable) released for the new bootloader and partitioning design
    • those who want a very simple installation and a rock-solid system
    • those who want the Stock ICS, but just a bit better - with essential tweaks like ad blocking, init.d, ramdisk optimizations, full adb support, facelock, some LG crapware removed (only two apps, keeping it as stock as possible), CWM added, rooted,...

This ROM combines providing as much features as possible while still staying as much stock as possible! It comes with original new LG ICS bootloader (unlocked), with original v28G kernel (no changes needed), original new LG ICS partitioning layout and of course ALL original v28G apps except 2 useless ones

All downloads (NVFlash, CWM): http://d-h.st/users/gueste/?fld_id=7336#files
    (Choose
    Code:
    Second Generation ROMs (improved, recommended)
    )

Second Generation Builds also includes some more widgets (those from the Addon-packages).

Addons (most of them already included in second generation builds)

Calendar widget + favorite contacts widget
    app manager(task killer), music widget, power control widget and the new lg bootanimation
    a flashable zip which removes unnecesary sounds: Low battery, PowerOn, PowerOff and Video Record
    Google Now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224 (choose ArmV7 Version "Online only" if you run a not deodexed ICS ROM or choose ArmV7 Version "Online/Offline" if you run a deodexed ICS ROM)

LG PC Suite 4 for P990 ICS extracted from v28G

Windows only.

Download: http://d-h.st/x5Z (105.72 MB)

Installation NVFlash version (under Windows): (internal SD will be wiped, /data partiton can be saved and restored with 2nd generation builds)
    • download the ROM, unpack it with WinRar, 7Zip or similar to any folder you want
    • take battery out of phone, press VOL + AND VOL - simulataneously, and while doing this plug the phone via USB to your PC
    • screen of phone remains black, this is normal, but you should hear a sound that you plugged the device. Probably you have to install APX drivers at this point if you are asked. They are included in the latest NVFlash builds. Tutorial on driver installation: http://www.modaco.com/topic/335416-nvflash-setup-instructions-drivers-links-active/
    • assuming that you already installed APX drivers: run the "flash_windows.bat" file in the folder where you extracted the ROM
    • follow the instructions
    • That's already it :D Usually no complications to be feared. Enjoy!
    Installation NVFlash version (under Linux): (internal SD will be wiped, /data partiton can be saved and restored with 2nd generation builds)
    • download the ROM, unpack it with WinRar, 7Zip or similar to any folder you want
    • take battery out of phone, press VOL + AND VOL - simulataneously, and while doing this plug the phone via USB to your PC
    • screen of phone remains black, this is normal, but you should hear a sound that you plugged the device (eventually you don't hear a sound but it still should work).
    • run the "flash_linux.sh" file in the folder where you extracted the ROM (make sure it is executeable, else chmod accordingly, also the NVFlash binary)
    • follow the instructions
    • That's already it :D Usually no complications to be feared. Enjoy!

CWM version (no full wipe required): - for those who are already on new bootloader, partition layout and CWM -> they can re-flash this ROM without full wipe. Do NOT use it when you are on old bootloader currently (GB, CM7, CM10)!
    Installation CWM version: = NO required Full wipe
    • make sure you are already on latest bootloader, partition layout and CWM
    • copy the zip on your SD, install via CWM - if you want a full-wipe, do one before. Cache and Dalvik Cache gets automatically wiped.
    • That's already it :D Boot and enjoy!

Bugs:
    • Android Terminal emulator needs an update from Play Store, else it will crash when you open it. Updating fixes it.
    • To prevent WIFI from not working:
      I'm not sure in how far BB is related to WIFI, but I'd recommend upgrading to latest BB if you don't have it already :good:
      Some user who reported WIFI stopped working was on a very old BB.

ALSO: on setup wizard after ROM installation it's recommended NOT to import / restore old phone settings from your google account. The imported WIFI settings will in some cases break your WIFI. Try to clear all WIFI data in case you did and WIFI is broken.
      For the people with broken WLAN: In the beginning it was not working at all for me too. Google restored my saved networks and somehow this wasn't working with the ROM. I deleted the saved networks and WLAN is working now.
    • That's it :D
    Credits:
    • This ROM is the result of many great people (not only DEVs) helping and working together in making a sweet piece of P990 Stock ICS
    • So credits go to all people who contributed in the P990 Leaker thread
    • and also and especially to
    • wkpark
    • rmein -- he provided the base for this ROM!!
    • DrummerMuppet
    • bitdomo
    • bliizzz
    • klappstuhl218
    • Harsh
    • and all others involved!!!

which apps have been removed?

The software-updater (taking RAM and would probably not work properly anyway) and the remote calling app ... the one where Phone support can control your phone remotely.

About going back to different ROMs and backups NOT made under the new bootloader:

it is not possible to restore CWM backups with this ROM that have been made using a different partitioning layout and bootloader. So you can only go back to GB or CM7 / 10 with per example NVFlash and then restore your saved backup with CWM there. But do not restore it while still being on ICS layout.

But restoring is possible:
    - you are on CM7/10, make CWM backup, save backup to pc
    - you flash this ROM with NVFlash, decide to go back to CM10 with NVFlash again and there you can flash your CWM backup you saved on your PC before.

New bootloader and layout are still very *new*, that's why there currently don't exist any ROMs you could flash with the CWM of this ROM. You can flash app packages and stuff but nor ROMs or ICS kernels not made for the new bootloader.

Baseband: The ROMs come without baseband!!! If you want, install separately.
    gone for good

content removed - no longer of importance!
    Post #1 updated with latest v28G releases.
    Heads up:

New NVFlash versions (v28E & v28G) are uploading! (Will take some hours).

New features:
    • fixed bootloader, so Smartflash will work again for everyone
    • CMW Recovery 6, no more too big font in CWM, also no more /cache errors
    • fixing sizes of recovery partition and boot partition
    • NO full wipe required!! New NVFlash version can backup your /data partition and restore later (Internal SD will still be wiped!)
    • Noob-secure flashing process. Telling the user exactly what to do and asks for confirmation before doing anything.
    • Stock LG ICS content for internal SD card can be flashed as well (user is asked) - gives some extra music, apps, videos
    • No more deodexed version. I think odexed works best.
    • Google Now (Online-version) preinstalled, still about 25 MB free space in /system partition
    • additional widgets from SU660 preinstalled
    • the new installation scripts are available for both Windows and Linux (tested by me extensively)
    • Windows APX driver included (for Linux not needed)
    • some minor things. A custom kernel by me will come as soon as we get the final kernel sources!
    Expect some big updates tonight. New NVFlash versions with following features:

• - No full wipe required
    • - Smartflash working again
    • - CWM fixed: /cache error bug solved & smaller font size

Stay tuned!
    You will be able to upgrade to those fixes without full wipe.