[Q] Recovery without bootloader unlock

Search This thread

seaskyways

Feb 13, 2012
beirut
Hi there, my friend has a Nexus 5 (like me) , and he wanted root so bad , and I tought him to root through Towelroot , however , he didn't unlock his bootloader, he got rooted and he got Xposed module on and running , but now he wants to have S2W which is achievable through flashing a kernel, but he doesn't have a recovery and he's bootloader locked , how can he achieve that SAFELY ?

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hi there, my friend has a Nexus 5 (like me) , and he wanted root so bad , and I tought him to root through Towelroot , however , he didn't unlock his bootloader, he got rooted and he got Xposed module on and running , but now he wants to have S2W which is achievable through flashing a kernel, but he doesn't have a recovery and he's bootloader locked , how can he achieve that SAFELY ?

as long as he already has root, he can flash a new recovery without unlocking the bootloader. first, grab the recovery you want to flash and put it in the storage of your phone(in a .img form). next, grab the flashify app from the play store. now open the flashify app, chose to flash a recovery, find your recovery in your storage, now chose your recovery and flash it. thats all. now boot into recovery to make sure it flashed.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
as long as he already has root, he can flash a new recovery without unlocking the bootloader. first, grab the recovery you want to flash and put it in the storage of your phone(in a .img form). next, grab the flashify app from the play store. now open the flashify app, chose to flash a recovery, find your recovery in your storage, now chose your recovery and flash it. thats all. now boot into recovery to make sure it flashed.

You can download recoveries directly through flashify

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
if this procedure is being done on a stock rom (OTA updated), don't forget about /system/recovery-from-boot.p and /system/install-recovery.sh. Either rename or delete them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1) flash a recovery using an app called flashify
    Or
    2) unlock the bootloader using an app called bootunlocker

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk