[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Tattoo :: V7.1.0.1 (10 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Tattoo, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0.1-click
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 4ec7cdcdd5ef19c6884a55dd917b39fa​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Last edited:

niruzz

Mar 7, 2011
100%working camera now
i notice batt take long time to charge and drain

thanks kalim

thacen

Apr 9, 2008
Accidental touching the volume key while picking up calls always hangup the call. Is there any setting to avoid this??

McJosephs

Apr 5, 2011
I have 7.1.0.1 and made a clean install and am very happy with that rom! Really, really good work!

I want to report one curiosity:
I put my contacts from LG KP500 Cookie over Bluetooth to my Tattoo and everything worked fine - with one exception: The telefon-numbers have the wrong format.

In Germany telefon-numbers look like: *0(2-4 numbers)*-*(3-8 numbers)*, e.g. 02234-7654322.
Mobile-numbers always look like: *0(3-4 numbers)*-*(7-8 numbers)*, e.g. 0159-7654322.

But the Tattoo made every contact-number I saved myself on the Cookie this format: 012-345-67891, except the pre-set service-numbers. This is quite unusual. On the Cookie my contact-numers have the format: 01234567891, which is acceptable ;). There was even no possibility to put a "-" into a number.

Don't know where the mistake is... Maybe there is a solution? ;)

Last edited:

theslime

Dec 14, 2010
I've been trying to download this for a couple of days now, both through this page and through ROM Manager. No luck. Server issues?

potattoo

Aug 2, 2010
i shortly did set 'keep launcher in memory', 'remove unused images' (translated from german) and 'use 16bit for transparency' in cyanogen settings, to tweak it a bit. since then i got only reboots and freezes, shortly after booting.
did those freezes/reboots before occasionaly, but now it got insane!

version 7.0.1.1 and nb221

i made a logcat after a freeze, its full of errors. ill send it on request!

managed to disable that stuff during reboots (seems like it was possible since the PIN requester didnt pop up) now it was working longer. But on first display timeout it froze again. something is seriously bugged with the latest versions. :(

EDIT: still reboots and freezes... only thing that seem to have stopped it again was to remove sdcard. so i guess .android_secure is faulty again. But this must have happened during use, not from flashing the ROM, since after flashing it was fine. It only happened after yesterday.
And no, i didnt touch CPU settings. Just moved some more apps to sdcard and changed the above settings (which i reverted as i wrote).
So my conclusion: there is a bug that breaks the .android_secure !

Last edited:

fra87

Dec 8, 2007
Hi
I have a small problem with the message app. If i set "Use send timestamp" (i don't know if it's called like this, but it's the feature that allows you to see the time the message was sent instead of the time you received it) the messages have no "GMT offset" (i mean the times are shown in GMT time and not in my time - which is GMT+1 or +2 if there is "legal time").
If i enable the feature "GMT Timestamp", which i think is made to solve this problem, nothing changes.
I'm using NB199; do you think it is fixed now?

Regards

bladez

Since the old thread got closed and nobody answered my problem, here I go again.

Ever since I clean-installed 220 nightly (wiped everything, /system, dalvik-cache, cache, factory reset, SD) my phone after starting up totally freezes in 5 minutes or so. Rebooting it 2-3 times usually helps until the next reboot when I AGAIN have to reboot it 2-3 times before it's stable again. I tried updating to 226, but this changed NOTHING.

Please help as this is a serious problem.

Here is the logcat when it has crashed: http://pastebin.com/AT5U5nag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Tattoo, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0.1-click
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 4ec7cdcdd5ef19c6884a55dd917b39fa​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    New Build,sync today....I have the whole afternoon with her and has not given me any problems.Remeber i only build,I am not a developer.

ROM:update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-click-KANG-signed.zip

enjoy!
    Here I leave a build I made this afternoon and sync today, tested and appears to work perfectly.

New build sync today...As news brings a new style of lock ring and @arco68 reviewed the kernel.took several hours with her and have not had any problems.

changes:Of "es_ES: Added spanish translations for: (android_packages_apps_Settings)" to "Czech: added missing strings (android_frameworks_base)".