[ROM] Ginger SF r4 - ZTE Android 2.35 mod

Search This thread

wbaw

+1 on feeling like a hacker when compiling! :D so you mean if i use anykernels update.zip i just replace the zimage okay..but in some guides it tells me to put the modules i get after compiling in a certain folder but i dont get the modules that are written in the guides i just get a scsi_waitscan.ko or something like that..is it maybe simpler to split the current boot.img in gsf and just replace zimage?will it work like that?I know your kernel patches are almost everywhere now but hey its time for us to learn too no? that way you guys can just keep updating your github source while we compile and test that way it saves you loads of trouble too!plus that way people will start using the issue tracker properly and stuff..thats what i think the ideal community should be after being active in these forums for a while :) and i understand what you mean.. it should be just fun and not demands and ****..thanks for helping out!

Everything is built in to my kernel, there's just one small module that you don't need, so just ignore the modules, they're all built in.

It'll work if you split the current boot.img & replace the zImage, that's what AnyKernel does for you - it does that bit automatically, if you find it simpler to do it manually then good for you, but AnyKernel was made so that you don't have to do that.

I'm currently doing a new kernel, based on Tom G's source, with a few selected patches from mine & burstlam's kernel to try to make it work a little better. I'll be much more conservative about which patches to add & try to only add proven good ones, try to keep it stable & try to get some of the patches into the official Blade CyanogenMod kernel.

I think I messed up the wifi on my kernel a bit & there are quite a lot of patches that could've caused it for no noticeable improvement.

Last edited:

aermua

Dec 30, 2010
hello all

i was a huge fan of b27. and i,mthining of switching back

i,m running elite mod s5 and not sure if this is supported anymore, anyway are there an screenshots for this rom or how does it compare with UI of elite rom?

idealy for me is id like to keep the luncher pro interface and the widgets to turn off gps or wifi etc without going in settings.

thanks

Gokh

Jan 14, 2012
This rom is very basic, its a stock Blade rom, there is no modification, you will not have the great ui of Elitemovil.
I suggest you Swedish Snow (from modaco) or maybe cm7, they have power widgets in notification bar.

Envoyé depuis mon Blade

Last edited:
Reactions: aermua

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a mod of 4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B18.zip A generic ZTE Blade Android 2.3.5 build.

Code:
    ro.build.display.id=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B02
    ro.build.version.sdk=10
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
    ro.build.date=Tue Oct 18 00:22:57 HKT 2011
    ro.product.model=ZTE-BLADE
    ro.product.name=P729_GENERIC
    ro.product.device=blade
    ro.build.baseband_version=P729B01
    ro.build.software_version=ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B02
    ro.build.sw_internal_version=4G4G_GB_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B18

Build info from the original build.prop. Stock rom here (not recommended for normal users).

I removed some stock apps & Google apps. Updated the market. Redoxed & resigned. Rooted with latest chainsdd superuser. modified dta2sd. CM7 libm.so (antutu floating point fix). CM7 bash. CM7 openvpn. CM7 keyboard. CM7 gps shim. CM7 apns. Added CM7 Magic Smoke live wallpaper. CM7 Contacts, messaging & dialler. CM7 DeskClock. BusyBox 1.19 - official armv6 binary from busybox.net here. Gen1 & Gen2 compatible. Cache on tmpfs. Few small tweaks.

Custom 2.6.35 kernel with overclocking, lots of cpu governors & i/o schedulers, led notification fix, cifs, tun.ko (module), ext4, undervolting, tweaks & fixes, etc. Thanks to Burstlam & Tom G for lots of code for that. Source code here - https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35

Most things that you'd expect seem to work. Please report any bugs. Some bugs may be ZTE's fault & hard to fix due to no source code. This is a basic stripped down modded stock rom, with few custom features, it will stay that way. Don't ask me for extra customisations, make them yourself & release them as addons in your own thread, or just use CM7.

Usual disclaimer applies, no guarantees, I'll just laugh if it breaks your phone, etc.

Download: gsf-blade-r4.zip mirror
    Size: 66.01 MB
    MD5: ed0d40ca65ac767497f944571fb5b5f4
    Addons

Google Apps: This adds Car Home, Gmail, YouTube, Talk, Maps, Voice Search. Android Market is included in the rom, but Talk & Car Home can't be downloaded from the market.
    Download: gsf-gapps2.zip mirror
    Size: 11.4 MB
    MD5: daff051b18fcf022b74502fe2a080876

Fonts & Sounds: This adds fonts, ringtones & notification sounds from Ice Cream Sandwich.
    Download: gsf-fonts-sounds.zip mirror
    Size: 12.16 MB
    MD5: 3215e0b517d0c92537a41948beae8bba

Changelog:

r4:
    Kernel updates - forked burstlam's latest kernel & added some patches myself, including patches to undervolt the wifi adaptor & cpu (saves battery) and patches to improve memory use, more details here: https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35/commits/master full kernel source code here - https://github.com/John-Kenney/zte-turies-35
    (re)ODEXed - Saves space & slightly faster
    ICS Keyboard
    New CM 7.2 versions of some small apps (Gallery, Calculator, Email, etc)
    CM7 Contacts, dialler & messaging, plus FelixL's ZTE EMode Helper installed by default
    CM7 DeskClock replaces ZTE Alarm Clock.
    CRT style screen off animation.

Download: gsf-blade-r4.zip mirror
    Size: 66.01 MB
    MD5: ed0d40ca65ac767497f944571fb5b5f4

r3: kernel updates - list. maps updated. removed a few extra google apps. updated framework & system ui.

Download: gsf-blade-r3.zip

CM7 contacts adon for r1, r2 & r3: http://hotfile.com/dl/137543234/84f201a/gsf-contacts2.zip.html

r2: Updated Market. Removed extra apps, fonts & ringtones, added them as separate addons.
    Download: gsf-blade-r2.zip

r1: First Release
    Download: gsf-blade-r1.zip

Linux kernel source code for r1,r2 & r3 versions is here: https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35
    I'll be done when I feel like it, stop asking. My whole upper body is in pain right now, think I've got a slipped disc :(

All kernel bugs should be fixed & the source is on my github, r5 wont be much more than r4, just a new kernel, gingerbread keyboard, new adreno libs & a few small speed tweaks. Make your own if you're that bothered.
    Hey wbaw! I tried compiling your kernel..But in order to avoid the ramdisk and intramfs part of the whole thing i tried anykernel but i dont understand how that works? :( i put zimage in the kernel folder and zipped it up but then wheres the boot.img?? Thank you for your help..i just followed a guide from xda..

Anykernel creates the boot.img, it extracts the ramdisk from the kernel on your phone & combines that with the zImage to create a boot.img using clockworkmod. It's a good way to update the kernel, koush is great. So, you just need the zImage if you use AnyKernel.

I was going to do a mod of AnyKernel & Kallt Kaffe's old mod of it that detected which zImage to use for gen1/2 & vmsplit 2g/3g, a universal kernel package for the Blade, but I'm too lazy.

Compiling is educational anyway... the scrolling text makes me feel like some great hacker even if I only typed one command ;)

Anyway, I'm going to do another GSF based on the new Moldovan rom with my new kernel & stuff, eventually, maybe in a week. Then I might do a CM7 kang with my new kernel & new proprietary files from this new Moldovan rom. I did share a cm7 kang, but it's old now & it was just a basic quick kang, you're probably better using somebody else's more recent kang, I think Tom G got most of my kernel patches that made much difference, they should be in all the kernels now.

Just don't be demanding stuff, it's not like I'm paid for it. If it isn't ready in a week then so what? I do it for fun, for my own phone, I share what I do, if that makes people start demanding stuff then it stops being fun, I lose my reason for doing it & I stop.
    Picture this:

You're 5 years old and your mom has promised to bake you some cookies. The entire time she is hard at work, making the dough, cutting out some shapes, preheating the oven, you are yanking at her arm shouting "I WANT MY COOKIES!!! NOW NOW NOW!!! WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?!!!"

That little boy is you and wbaw is your mother baking cookies for you.

So try to be a bit understanding and give him some credit for his work. He has done a lot for the Blade so he deserves our respect.
    He doesn't have to be doing this you know, so he can take all the time he wants :)