[DEV] Gb first pre-alpha porting

Search This thread

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
After too many work's and to many white night GB now working, off course there's no GSM waitin to Rebellos and Oleg work's on. Thank's for them to make this possible.

First Picture :

This ddms because S8530 no lcd then S8500 can use it with LCD view.

Update :
First pre-alpha SD
Work : Touch screen, Screen rotate...
Don't work : Wifi, Audio, all key...

I9000 factroyfs XJVO, initramfs XJVP full with modification!!!

Kernel GB some modif but not necessary, dont remember now

Just to clarify, all the work is mine except the kernel which is Rebellos and Oleg, I had no choice to use the kernel in order to work on porting Gb. But it will be confidentially.

Last edited:

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
suggest not calling it "release" because it's certainly not :p rename thread?

maybe *MAYBE* pre-alpha release once it's shown on a phone with working display - S8530 has slightly different sdcard interface apparently... i've not been able to mount anything yet on my S8500, well done getting platform to start on S8530.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigrouzen

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
suggest not calling it "release" because it's certainly not :p rename thread?

maybe *MAYBE* pre-alpha release once it's shown on a phone with working display - S8530 has slightly different sdcard interface apparently... i've not been able to mount anything yet on my S8500, well done getting platform to start on S8530.

Its some corrupt with disk_policy i disabled it. there's maybe difference but im not sure. Send you later script you will see. For now some little issue with touch screen.

Reactions: Exxide

anghelyi

Apr 25, 2008
After too many work's and to many white night GB now working, off course there's no GSM waitin to Rebellos and Oleg work's on. Thank's for them to make this possible.

Thumbs Up! I just finished my GB kernel compile, (but I replaced the init with the old one in the intramfs - I need my Bada, too :)) but I can not test it until later this afternoon or evening... I'm on S8500 ...

Which version of OS did you used?

Reactions: Fahrenheit51

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
i've had disk policy disabled in all my builds as well, trying another variation now after redoing my filesystem though, Tigrouhzen are you able to mount moviNAND as well yet?

gamepulze

Dec 16, 2011
Gud start ..
this GB port can work on S8500 right ? the s-AMOLED drivers are already ready with the devs unlike the wave II i believe..

so this Gingerbread port will display on the wave S8500 Screen?

anghelyi

Apr 25, 2008
Thumbs Up! I just finished my GB kernel compile, (but I replaced the init with the old one in the intramfs - I need my Bada, too :)) but I can not test it until later this afternoon or evening... I'm on S8500 ...

Which version of OS did you used?

OK, it boots here, too, to some extent: I can see the boot logo, but I haven't provided a filesystem to it so it reboots after a while... But my Bada is intact so later I'll try to mount the filesystem, too!

Tigrouzen

Oct 9, 2007
MARSEILLE
OK, it boots here, too, to some extent: I can see the boot logo, but I haven't provided a filesystem to it so it reboots after a while... But my Bada is intact so later I'll try to mount the filesystem, too!

Because its on initramfs. If you want your bada intact dont forget disabled disk_policy. I use Gb init full from i9000. The big hardly its you need to change script and some script on system also, and make right symlink then ive got problem with symlink doesnt make any link then i make on my initramfs a link, like mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd2 ln -s /sd2/system /system....etc...

I go to sleep some good night !!!

Edit: nbates66 ive got a real all scripts, booting in sd version froyo then adb pull /*.rc

Last edited:

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
i've been able to get gb kernel to execute for a while but no filesystems yet, anyways, for filesystems you make, ensure you configure the toolbox symlinks, this will help ensure all services work correctly later on:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55049485/gb_binsymlinks.sh
(the files are slightly different to in froyo apparently, but same thing is done)

hmmm current sources less functional for me compared to the ones a few days ago, with this kernel source set i cannot get adb to work(worked on gb build a few days ago), still no filesystem mounts working on S8500 as far as i can tell either (yes, symlink method doesn't work either)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigrouzen

anghelyi

Apr 25, 2008
Because its on initramfs. If you want your bada intact dont forget disabled disk_policy. I use Gb init full from i9000. The big hardly its you need to change script and some script on system also, and make right symlink then ive got problem with symlink doesnt make any link then i make on my initramfs a link, like mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd2 ln -s /sd2/system /system....etc...

I go to sleep some good night !!!

Edit: nbates66 ive got a real all scripts, booting in sd version froyo then adb pull /*.rc

It's no news for me to change the scripts, played a lot with that in Froyo :) But as I see the apply_disk_policy is commented out in the latest init.rc...

nbates66: with disabled disk policy is it safe for Bada to use the original init ? (oh, man, I checked the script you provided... I remember doing the same by hand some months ago :D)

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
yes i just tried two kernels with that init executable from latest file push, my bada OS is intact :) just i can't do anything with the kernels without adb or device mounting capability :(

Reactions: anghelyi

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
I saw that you wrote that screen rotation works. I was wondering, if you can charge the battery of the phone?

Awesome work, thank you a lot. I will donate next month.

DarkRidder

Apr 20, 2011
Good work, awsome work indeed,

Just for asking, is this a Cyanogen Mod 7 version of GB for Galaxy S? If it is, then it's awsome work... If it isn't, why you don't pick it up? I have 0 knowledge in this so it can be a noob question, but I am interested in knowing that

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First Picture :

This ddms because S8530 no lcd then S8500 can use it with LCD view.

Update :
    First pre-alpha SD
    Work : Touch screen, Screen rotate...
    Don't work : Wifi, Audio, all key...

I9000 factroyfs XJVO, initramfs XJVP full with modification!!!

Kernel GB some modif but not necessary, dont remember now

Just to clarify, all the work is mine except the kernel which is Rebellos and Oleg, I had no choice to use the kernel in order to work on porting Gb. But it will be confidentially.
    If you do so then why do you interested in the Android on Bada dev. section at all? And who are yot to decide the fate of a forum??? Please be reasonable...

I think closing a thread/forum is not a solution. Finding a reasonable settlement and doing the development in peace is more like it.

Tigrouzen, Rebellos! Please be reasonable to each other and respect each other's work! Everyone here knows that both of you worked hard on this, don't let the progress stop because of childish issues. Lets say everyone should credit you, Rebellos in his/her work as for example "built upon Rebellos' kernel" or something like that (I think it's common in other threads)

Peace!

Im ok we can discuss about slowly.

it would be foolish to stop there way I do this to advance the project at least I expected from him a thank you ... But I also invested 100%, I invested in an S8500, is not to turn back. It disgusts me again, if you must do it alone I would do it alone, I promised I was insulted for GB a liar .. Now I'll let the work of GB and I will attack Ubuntu but takes work on the kernel too. If people are satisfied with my work they can participate and help. Because I am all alone to defend myself for the second time ...

I am a director for 20 years multisystem work on Unix systems I know. And I intend to invesstir the C language and for that I need a good teacher.
    Im sorry Rebellos if I'm in trouble.
    Any progress with S8530 display driver?

They are still working on this.

You can find all the progress of the project here :
    https://code.google.com/p/badadroid/updates/list

or here : https://code.google.com/p/badadroid-kernel/updates/list
    Guys Found Something Interesting

I have been following this project for porting android from begining. But today i found something i think might be useful.It has the ARM codes for bada bootloader.

Always these files are deleted but this time they forgot it....:D
    Hope it helps!!!:)
    Bada, even 2.0, has turned out to be a big disappointment. I got the S8500 thinking I wouldn't mind having a Bada phone as long as I could have the Android port for the apps I need. Well, now the Android stuff is working fine, but Bada is really inadequate. In spite of having Google apps, it cannot import my Google contacts and Dolphin cannot visit Google Docs. Ugh!

everyone feels in same way. Thats why even a small news regarding android create hype in BADA users.In my case i am not able to do a proper web browsing which is offered by every entry level smart phone of any phone OS (including dying symbian). BADA2.0 turns out to be super dull too.

But at last android solve my problem. i only boot bada when i dont use my phone. other wise i always use android with wifi. For call purpose i have to revive my old lg.