What is your favorite ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vlee

I just want to ask you all a questions for the HTC Inspire 4G users.

What is your favorite ROM?

Why is it your favorite ROM?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1712593

So far I have tried the follow roms

Stock ROM – Battery Life is really bad. Stock email for IMAP on multi email accounts issues duplicate emails and email sync is bad.

CyanogenMod Version 7.1 – Awesome ROM lots of features stable and good battery life. No issues with email. Fast reboots.

Android Revolution HD 4G Version 6.3.2 – Great ROM but I see no difference in the battery drain from the use of HTC Sense. Email for IMAP on multi email accounts issues duplicate emails and email sync is bad.

RCMix3D Version 4.0 – Good ROM lots of features but takes too long to load with ROM developers screens. Battery life seems better than Stock ROM. Email for IMAP on multi email accounts issues duplicate emails and email sync is bad.

So far I will stick with CyanogenMod for the stability so far I have seen.

Plus I have order a new extended battery to help with battery life.

Last edited:

GaToRxxx420

Apr 9, 2012
Taylor
My experience is limited to stock and LeeDroid v5.1.1, I'm pretty happy with it. I've not encountered any bugs and get about twice the battery use out of it depending on how much I use it. I do plan to try some others when I get tired of this one.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

scorpiopantera

Jul 13, 2011
Mesa, AZ
My favorite rom by far is Absolution 3.7. Best battery life, speed, no issues at all. I try out different sense roms all the time, like CoreDroid, but always come back to Absolution in the end.

People may ask why I have an HTC phone but don't use sense...it was my first Android and didn't know any difference. As soon as I rooted I tried out CM7 and Gingerbeast and fell in love with the AOSP roms.

moutansos

Jan 23, 2012
I use a mod of rcmix that's called RunnyMede Xtreme ROM, it has better battery life and more stability than rcmix3d.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

allenrb2

Mar 6, 2011
B.F.E.
I am using MIUI the freshly squeezed release. It is simple, super fast, and extremely stable.

I am also a big fan of CM7

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
I've only used Cyanogenmod 7 and asopX.
And so far I'm loving asopX. It's like a totally different phone. And ICS is just awesome. It's still in alpha but more than capable of being a daily driver for me.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

vlee

After all my tests on many ROM's I have decided to go with the CyanogenMod 7.1 due to stability and good battery life.

My second choice ROM is Android Revolution HD 4G Version 6.3.2 which I can see an improvement slightly on the stock email and battery drain.

Last edited:

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
I've used a couple from The Collective. They offer Absolution, Redemption, and Melchizedek. I've only used the last 2. They are ICS and get better as they get updated with newer versions.

I don't have any experience using ROMs before using these 2, so I'm a little gun shy to try anything not knowing how stable it is.

Up above, someone posted on using Sense for an HTC phone. With ICS, there is not a need for Sense, as it will probably take away from the appearance of basic ICS. This is something I see HTC eventually dropping in the future.

Reactions: vlee

chrisz5z

Sep 16, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Sense?
For best performance/smoothness: WCX Illuminati Series

For tweaks with good performance/smoothness: RCMix3D 4.0

Other?
LexBoost, its the smoothest non-Sense rom i've used and its CM7 so its already customizable. Close 2nd would be BlackICE

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Threads like these only lead to flame wars are not not done on XDA. Fav rom threads have no development basis and are better off saved for user based sites instead of Development based sites like this one.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Threads like these only lead to flame wars are not not done on XDA. Fav rom threads have no development basis and are better off saved for user based sites instead of Development based sites like this one.

Thread closed
    I've used a couple from The Collective. They offer Absolution, Redemption, and Melchizedek. I've only used the last 2. They are ICS and get better as they get updated with newer versions.

I don't have any experience using ROMs before using these 2, so I'm a little gun shy to try anything not knowing how stable it is.

Up above, someone posted on using Sense for an HTC phone. With ICS, there is not a need for Sense, as it will probably take away from the appearance of basic ICS. This is something I see HTC eventually dropping in the future.
    In before the close!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2