[4.0+][05/16] Tile Launcher Beta 1.31 | Sliding drawer | Total customization

Search This thread

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Smooth, multidirectional, widget-compatible tile-based launcher for Android 4.0+.

Scroll Direction - Select horizontal (left to right) or vertical (top to bottom)
Tile Customization - Select your own title, icon, background colors or images
Scroll Settings - Configure your scrolling speed, direction, and overscroll effect
Sliding Drawer - Swipe horizontally or vertically from the home screen
Snap Effect - Perform an action, switch screens or open the drawer when overscrolling
Homescreen Dimensions - Select # of rows, columns, and margins, or increase your screen size
Toolbar - Choose font, colors, icon, even show a Jellybean-styled date widget - or hide it if you don't want it
Lock/Unlock Desktop - Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
Icon Packs - Icon pack support for most launchers (Work in progress)

aaaa2i.png
aaaa1b.png

zzzzzq.png
aaabp.jpg

bbbksf.png
dddls.png

Last edited:

henslo

May 4, 2012
Hickory
Downloading now , will let you know :thumbup:
Edit; nice launcher, has potential. An option to hide the launcher icon in top right and long press on screen to bring up list of apps to choose from. Hide status bar would be great to. Just some suggestions. Thanks for the launcher
Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
I really like to include this in my ROM. Is it, or is it ever going to be, open source?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

imjustafq

Nov 4, 2012
Ipoh
add some bounce-back scroll effect option to homescreen..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rob43

merhans

Mar 22, 2012
How about gesture controle for open app drawer, something like swype up. So we wont lost that many space for app drawer icon.
Add possibility to create folder tiles^^
Great work until now.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
How about gesture controle for open app drawer, something like swype up. So we wont lost that many space for app drawer icon.
Great work until now.

Also add stacking / folder feature in a tile shape. Overall looks amazing.. I'll be taking screenshots & maybe make a video when you release new updates. I'm here if you need help! Tester/Graphic Design, ect.

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
Oh god you are the same dev that used to make those really nice notification drawer additions plus AOKP toggles to cm.*instant downloads the app*

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Hey guys, here's a much improved alpha 2: Play Store Link

I am currently on a trip so will reply to comments and update main post when I get a chance :)

Small easter egg in this version: long click drawer to change to a 2nd home screen for your enjoyment. More coming soon!

EDIT: updated first post and switched to Play store link

Last edited:

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
It looks like the play store link hasn't updated yet..if its not active by tonight I'll upload a version elsewhere.

edit: Link has been updated

Last edited:
Reactions: dude1986

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
Downloading now , will let you know :thumbup:
Edit; nice launcher, has potential. An option to hide the launcher icon in top right and long press on screen to bring up list of apps to choose from. Hide status bar would be great to. Just some suggestions. Thanks for the launcher
Sent from my SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Hiding the drawer icon is definitely something I'm considering :) However I have a few ideas to improve it as well, perhaps a sort of "quick launch bar" in a row where the icon is currently located.

I really like to include this in my ROM. Is it, or is it ever going to be, open source?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Feel free to include this in any ROM :) At this point it will not be open source.

fc when replacing app icon from gallery.

Let me know if this is still happening with Alpha 2. Thanks!

Beautiful!

You should add some custom fonts.. or use the new Roboto slim.

Good job!
++

Thanks for the suggestion!

add some bounce-back scroll effect option to homescreen..

Scroll effects are definitely coming, however I'm focused on squishing some bugs at the moment :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Great work until now.

Folders are coming back, I already have some stuff planned but it's not yet ready. Stay tuned!

Also add stacking / folder feature in a tile shape. Overall looks amazing.. I'll be taking screenshots & maybe make a video when you release new updates. I'm here if you need help! Tester/Graphic Design, ect.

Thanks man! Saw your review on Play Store as well, appreciate it :)

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Thanks man! Saw your review on Play Store as well, appreciate it :)

No problem buddy! Im trying to find more bugs and ways to make it better...Last night when I downloaded the APK and tried to install it my phone wouldn't let me cuz it said "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." The way I tried to install it was using Root Explorer and just over writing the app by installing the new APK but i guess something is going wrong with the signature cuz ive never seen this happen...so I just went to the playstore and uninstalled it from there and re-installed the new copy from there....But i still have one more issue. Whenever you install a new launcher from the play store and immediately after you click the home button the OS prompts you which launcher do you want to use..i have 3 launchers installed (Nova, Chameleon, & Tile) But the OS never prompts me which launcher do I wanna use...

UPDATE: Alright so I got it working now. Android now prompts for the launcher >>> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byxlw5J4qbOvZDNKY21yV282TGM

But one more bug I found is that whenver you go to the widgets in the app drawer and you drag for example Airdroid 4x1 Widget Tile Launcher crashes.

Last edited:

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
This is extremely promising... Keep this up, if you play you're cards right, you may just have the most "innovative" launcher out there :)

rob43

Nov 7, 2011
No problem buddy! Im trying to find more bugs and ways to make it better...Last night when I downloaded the APK and tried to install it my phone wouldn't let me cuz it said "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed." The way I tried to install it was using Root Explorer and just over writing the app by installing the new APK but i guess something is going wrong with the signature cuz ive never seen this happen...so I just went to the playstore and uninstalled it from there and re-installed the new copy from there....But i still have one more issue. Whenever you install a new launcher from the play store and immediately after you click the home button the OS prompts you which launcher do you want to use..i have 3 launchers installed (Nova, Chameleon, & Tile) But the OS never prompts me which launcher do I wanna use...

UPDATE: Alright so I got it working now. Android now prompts for the launcher >>> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byxlw5J4qbOvZDNKY21yV282TGM

But one more bug I found is that whenver you go to the widgets in the app drawer and you drag for example Airdroid 4x1 Widget Tile Launcher crashes.

Hmm ok. Are you on ICS? Dropping widgets is still being worked on, added it to the known issues list now.

As for prompting for the launcher, it should prompt you every time you install a new launcher, strange if it didn't. It's possible to go to Apps -> Your current home launcher -> Clear defaults to make it prompt if that happens again.

I'll be returning home this weekend, hope to get a new build out soon :) Cheers

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Hmm ok. Are you on ICS? Dropping widgets is still being worked on, added it to the known issues list now.

As for prompting for the launcher, it should prompt you every time you install a new launcher, strange if it didn't. It's possible to go to Apps -> Your current home launcher -> Clear defaults to make it prompt if that happens again.

I'll be returning home this weekend, hope to get a new build out soon :) Cheers

Well im on PA 4.1.2 Based Rom.. (2.54) & Thanks thats good too know ill do that next time it doesnt prompt me.
& Be safe on your trip..I know how it feels too be away from home and not have all of your equipment on hand. Good luck and well Ill be here to help ya! Looking forward to this launcher :D

S1cK94

Dec 4, 2011
i love this launcher!!

here some ideas:
- make it more flexible (the user no more needs to sets numbers of colums and rows)
then:
- option to choose min tile size (width and height)
- option to choose from horizontal scrolling or vertical scrolling in home
- option to choose paginated scrolling (regardless scrolling orientation) in home
- drawer categories
- option to enable google search bar near the app drawer button
- option to replace the launcher menu in app drawer with google play shortcut (or another app)
- fix custom color (can't set a custom hex color on nexus s cm10)

add these features even in a paid version and i'll buy it

keep it on!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Smooth, multidirectional, widget-compatible tile-based launcher for Android 4.0+.

Scroll Direction - Select horizontal (left to right) or vertical (top to bottom)
    Tile Customization - Select your own title, icon, background colors or images
    Scroll Settings - Configure your scrolling speed, direction, and overscroll effect
    Sliding Drawer - Swipe horizontally or vertically from the home screen
    Snap Effect - Perform an action, switch screens or open the drawer when overscrolling
    Homescreen Dimensions - Select # of rows, columns, and margins, or increase your screen size
    Toolbar - Choose font, colors, icon, even show a Jellybean-styled date widget - or hide it if you don't want it
    Lock/Unlock Desktop - Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
    Icon Packs - Icon pack support for most launchers (Work in progress)

aaaa2i.png
    aaaa1b.png

zzzzzq.png
    aaabp.jpg

bbbksf.png
    dddls.png
    0.53 is out, Play Store should be updated shortly :)

- Increased max rows as requested
    - Added lock/unlock tile option as requested
    - More bugfixes

Thanks for the support! Sorry I haven't had time to reply to everyone. I'm reading all suggestions but focusing on making it as stable as possible, one bug at a time :)
    0.80 is online. This version adds vertical scrolling option, tabbed screens, and some other stuff. Will be replying to some posts soon, been a little busy :)
    Hey guys, here's a much improved alpha 2: Play Store Link

I am currently on a trip so will reply to comments and update main post when I get a chance :)

Small easter egg in this version: long click drawer to change to a 2nd home screen for your enjoyment. More coming soon!

EDIT: updated first post and switched to Play store link