Is my S5830i destined for the bin?

Search This thread

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ok to cut a long story short I've had to send my HTC One back off for repair :( so it will be away for a week or so, so I still have a GT-S5380i that I was given from my dad as a spare, thought what the hell last night and decided to flash a custom rom to make it at least a little bit better than it is as stock. So I spotted Touchwiz-Resurrected ROM and followed the guide on how to root and install clockwork mod, which was fine then flashed the rom, that seemed to go fine until I noticed no data or cellular connection and someone said I've probably lost my imei, checked that and he was correct the IMEI was blank, so basically thought what the hell flash back a stock rom using odin, did that and all seemed well, odin reported success and rebooted to be stuck at the Samsung splash screen and that's as far as I can get, I can get into download mode but no matter which version of odin I use or which stock rom I try and flash I cannot get past the splash screen despite odin saying it succeeded, I can also still get into cwm but that seems to take ages?? done full wipes reinstalls blah blah but cant get it to boot

So obviously somewhere along the line I've messed up but the fact I can get into download mode and cwm made me think I could somehow get it back?

Any ideas?

Attachments

• odin.JPG
    odin.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 93
D

Deleted member 5617821

Ok to cut a long story short I've had to send my HTC One back off for repair :( so it will be away for a week or so, so I still have a GT-S5380i that I was given from my dad as a spare, thought what the hell last night and decided to flash a custom rom to make it at least a little bit better than it is as stock. So I spotted Touchwiz-Resurrected ROM and followed the guide on how to root and install clockwork mod, which was fine then flashed the rom, that seemed to go fine until I noticed no data or cellular connection and someone said I've probably lost my imei, checked that and he was correct the IMEI was blank, so basically thought what the hell flash back a stock rom using odin, did that and all seemed well, odin reported success and rebooted to be stuck at the Samsung splash screen and that's as far as I can get, I can get into download mode but no matter which version of odin I use or which stock rom I try and flash I cannot get past the splash screen despite odin saying it succeeded, I can also still get into cwm but that seems to take ages?? done full wipes reinstalls blah blah but cant get it to boot

So obviously somewhere along the line I've messed up but the fact I can get into download mode and cwm made me think I could somehow get it back?

Any ideas?

Use the following guide. Here is the link,

How to Unbrick/Flash Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i Using Odin

Do post the result. Hope I Helped :)

bradmax57

Jul 9, 2009
Newcastle upon Tyne
Last edited:

caseyb487

May 27, 2014
I have a bricked gts5830i and dont have a pc to fix it any ideas ?? P.s. I can still get to recovery just cant seem to get to download mode

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

D

Deleted member 5617821

I have a bricked gts5830i and dont have a pc to fix it any ideas ?? P.s. I can still get to recovery just cant seem to get to download mode

Try installing any custom rom from CWM. Make sure to do "Wipe data/ factory reset", "Wipe cache partitions", "Mounts & Storage> Format /system" and "Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache" from CWM before you install the custom rom. Here is the list of all custom roms for Galaxy Ace S5830i,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

caseyb487

May 27, 2014
Try installing any custom rom from CWM. Make sure to do "Wipe data/ factory reset", "Wipe cache partitions", "Mounts & Storage> Format /system" and "Advanced> Wipe Dalvik Cache" from CWM before you install the custom rom. Here is the list of all custom roms for Galaxy Ace S5830i,

Know your Device:Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i ~Root~Odin~CWM~ROM LIST

Thanks I will try that soon :) hope it works

Top Liked Posts