Ultimate Shield for LG g pad 8.3

Search This thread

Galveira

Mar 24, 2014
I bought clear protective shield from a company based on UK called the Ultimate Shield. If you guys are familiar with the products from Bodyguardz, its pretty much same product.

I ordered it from ebay and the price is AU $19.99.

It comes with installation guide, small lint free cloth, squeegee and the product itself. The clear shield comes in total of 7 pieces.

1. screen
2. main back cover (covers metal backing)
3. bottom back (back of the device below the metal backing)
3. bottom
4. top back
6. top 1(ear phone socket)
7. top 2

Hopefully this will give you the idea where each pieces go.

This is somewhat different with normal screen protectors we see and the installation procedure may feel radical.
Not like others, this requires water for the installation(soapy water to be accurate). With the water applied at the back of the shield, you can quite easily move it around into correct position and it starts to adhere to the device as it dries.

The fitting was quite good and I was very satisfied with all the cut outs for speakers, camera, SD card slot and ear phone jack.
I had no problem with installation at the back (2~7), but I had some imperfection at the screen, but the installation guide says some imperfection will be clear within 1~3 days so I'll wait and see.

If there is anyone looking for a protection that does not add any weight and size, I think this is pretty good choice.

I also ordered a case from ebay and see the device fits with the clear shield.

Attachments

• IMGA0051.jpg
    IMGA0051.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 803
  • IMGA0055.jpg
    IMGA0055.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 726
  • IMGA0056.jpg
    IMGA0056.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 694
  • IMGA0058.jpg
    IMGA0058.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 655
  • IMGA0052.jpg
    IMGA0052.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 674
  • IMGA0053.jpg
    IMGA0053.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 607
  • IMGA0060.jpg
    IMGA0060.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 571

spsantos

Dec 3, 2012
I bought clear protective shield from a company based on UK called the Ultimate Shield. If you guys are familiar with the products from Bodyguardz, its pretty much same product.

It comes with installation guide, small lint free cloth, squeegee and the product itself. The clear shield comes in total of 7 pieces.

1. screen
3. bottom
4. top back
7. top 2

This is somewhat different with normal screen protectors we see and the installation procedure may feel radical.
Not like others, this requires water for the installation(soapy water to be accurate). With the water applied at the back of the shield, you can quite easily move it around into correct position and it starts to adhere to the device as it dries.

The fitting was quite good and I was very satisfied with all the cut outs for speakers, camera, SD card slot and ear phone jack.
I had no problem with installation at the back (2~7), but I had some imperfection at the screen, but the installation guide says some imperfection will be clear within 1~3 days so I'll wait and see.

If there is anyone looking for a protection that does not add any weight and size, I think this is pretty good choice.

Looks very preety and it´s a good protection.

cutterline

Aug 23, 2008
Just installed this.
I would only recommend this if you don't want to put any covers as it doesn't cover the top and bottom facing sides.
The application was not hard but not that easy either.
Grip ability is certainly grippier than the metal backplate but it is only a smaller increment than the initial one. You get the haptic feeling of "this might get occasional slide" even though it is grippier than it feels

I'll compare again when my voia jelly case comes and see which route is the best for protection with weight compromise.

Reactions: whoamigriffiths

Mikegrmn

Aug 24, 2013
Just installed this.
I would only recommend this if you don't want to put any covers as it doesn't cover the top and bottom facing sides.
Grip ability is certainly grippier than the metal backplate but it is only a smaller increment than the initial one. You get the haptic feeling of "this might get occasional slide" even though it is grippier than it feels

I'll compare again when my voia jelly case comes and see which route is the best for protection with weight compromise.

Same here. I glued mine on a couple of weeks ago. I especially bought it because it doesn't add bulk. Although mine didn't come with a screen protector. So I made a felt sleeve for it.
Installation was fairly easy. But then, I'm a DIY guy. People on Amazon rated the installation process as fairly complicated, but to every one his own.
What I find is, that if it's warm and your fingers get a bit sweaty, it slides quite easily from your hands if you're not careful. The cases with textured back side may be better if you need the grip.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. screen
    3. bottom
    4. top back
    7. top 2

Just installed this.