[Script][Root] Lord AIO Tool - v2.1 - 21/01/14 - The Tool You've Been Searching

Search This thread

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
This is my first work on xda, I created a tool that can make lots of thing with just a click :D!

Download Links
Linux
Windows

WARNING!!!
I'm not responsible if you brick your device!!! Do at your own risk!!!
Bootloader Unlocker and Root Tool will VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY!!!

Feel free to buy me a coffee, it will be appreciated :D, click the donate button over there (coffee) ;) http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4169130

XDA portal link
Here it is :): http://www.xda-developers.com/android/all-in-one-tool-for-motorola-xoom-brings-dual-recovery/
Thanks for the help ;)

How to use
Windows --> Download the ZIP from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/laiot/files/LAIOT.zip/download. Extract it in any folder you want. Then read the README_FIRST.txt file, it contains further information about what you need to do! Here's the content if you prefer reading in your browser:
PLEASE RUN (as administrator) The "Set_Up.bat" First To make sure all dll's and files are distributed where they need to be in order to launch LAIOTools

The reason for this is because this utility does not require the Android SDK to run and has "several key files" that need to be added to multiple directories within LAIOTools for certain Utilities, commands, and features to work properly! This was setup like this to avoid having to manually copy and past the files as well as to keep the download of this utility as light as possible...

Once Set_Up.bat has completed you will see LordAIOTool.bat in the LAIOT root directory. To use the utility, just double click the LordAIOTools.bat to begin...

(Note: There is a version 2 of the same file slightly modified, that file is mainly the same with a slight difference, it does not check to make sure necessary files are installed in the Tools directory for use with this utility - so please do not start with the LordAIOTool2.bat file. It's purpose is used throughout the utility for navigation purposes as a way to bypass the initial file check in the main LordAIOTool.bat file to keep things moving once you have launched the utility.) ..no harm should come if you accidentally used the 2.bat just that some commands may fail while trying to use it!

If you need to install the Motorola Device drivers install the appropriate windows version 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system, they are located in the folder labeled Moto_Drivers

Linux --> Extract on your ~/ (If you didn't understand - /home/youruserhere), open LAIOT folder, double click "RunThisOnce.sh" select run in terminal, now it's installed, to run it, open a terminal and write LAIOT, it's opened! Please report here the bugs! The Linux version link is here https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/laiot/LAIOT.tar.gz?r=&ts=1335123218&use_mirror=master , everything from Windows version is included except Boot in Ubuntu, but I will add later, sorry for the long wait for the new update, but it's here!

Features
1.Complete Backup Tool
2.Bootloader Unlocker Tool
3.Bootloader Locker Tool
4.Install Recovery
5.Restore Tool
6.Root Tool
7.Unroot Tool
8.App Install
9.Unbrick Xoom Tool
10.Dual Recovery Tool (Only on Linux version)
11.Ubuntu Boot (Based here Thank him as well!!!)
12.ROM Install (Under Development)
13.Stock Install

To use Unroot Tool on Xoom and Unbrick Xoom Tool download the official image (for your device) from the following link :D:
http://developer.motorola.com/products/software/

History/Changelog
1st posted as a tool that can backup /sdcard/Android and /sdcard/Gameloft folders on Motorola Xoom, then added Bootloader Unlocker and Root, then added more features :)
  • Beta 1
    1. First Release
    2. No script yet
  • Beta 2
    1. Added a script on zip that can backup your data and unlock bootloader
    2. Fixed Bootloader Unlocker Tool Bug and added some new options
  • Beta 3
    1. Added root option
    2. Fixed some more bugs
    3. Put some more things and better writing
  • Beta 4
    1. Added option to Lock Bootloader
    2. Fixed some words wrong
    3. Tried to fix some bugs
  • Beta 5
    1. Added App Install feature
    2. Added Check Root Feature
    3. Fixed some gramatic errors :p
    4. Fixed some bugs in Bootloader Unlocker
    5. Fixed some bugs in Root
    6. Fixed some bugs on Lock Bootloader
  • Beta 6
    1. Renamed to Lord AIO Tool (on Script)
    2. Added new Root option (Super One Click for some devices)
    3. Added DooMLoRD root (For Xperia 2011 devices)
    4. Fixed "Install app" bug
    5. Fixed "Restore folders" bug
    6. Added more compatibility
    7. Fixed more bugs
    8. Arranged better the folder
  • Beta 7
    1. Added User Data Backup
    2. Improved Backup Tool
    3. Improved Restore Tool
    4. Created an User Data Restore Tool
    5. Moved to Development section :D:D:D
  • Beta 7.1
    1. Just fixed some minor errors... Sorry didn't notice them :eek:
  • Beta 8
    1. Added Unroot option
    2. Fixed some other minor errors that I didn't notice :eek:
  • Beta 9
    1. Added Unbrick Xoom Feature :D (Testers needed)
    2. Organized better the folder of the tool (sorry still need to extract on C:/)
  • Beta 10
    1. Added to X10 Mini Pro forum
    2. Added X10 Mini/Pro and X8 Bootloader Unlocker
  • Beta 11
    1. Added Dual Recovery Xoom (still developing, not working for now :D) (Maybe until Wednesday it's done ;))
    2. Added X10 Mini/Pro CWM Install
    3. Fixed some problems when trying to use some tools
  • Beta 11.1
    1. Testing phase of Dual Recovery on Xoom!!!
    2. Reuploaded, must work now ;)
    3. Fixed some minor things...
  • Beta 12
    1. Fixed some bugs
    2. Really added CWM Install option (working fine)
    3. Messed up with dual recovery... NOT WORKING FOR NOW! DO NOT TRY USING IT!!!
  • Beta 13
    1. Added Ubuntu Boot
    2. Fixed some things...
    3. Added VNC Install
    4. Added Ubuntu Download
  • Version 1
    1. Linux Version is out!
    2. Dual-Recovery on Linux version!
    3. Started ROM Install development!
    4. Stock Install on Linux version!
  • Version 2
    1. Fixed little bug on Dual-Recovery.sh and LordAIOTool.sh scripts
    2. Added BacktrackInstall/Uninstall/Boot script
    3. Started new project... First two scripts are on update, now back to work :)
  • Version 2.1
    1. Big Windows Update!
    2. No changes in Linux yet, next version may come with Linux update
    3. Code completely rewritten
    4. Tools description clearer
    5. Better Start-up check
    6. Many thanks to @sidgrafix, my dear friend, who made this Windows update possible.

Warning regarding last update!
There are some untested features! Also there are some tools missing! A FAQ was added to the code, and it will be created with users information!
Thanks.

My Special Thanks to:
BPaul (paul-xxx) ---> He was my inspiration since I started thinking about developing... He is my favorite developer ever! :D
zone23 ---> For helping me when I needed some help :)
solarnz ---> For making the CWM and root I used here for Xoom :p
DoomLoRD --->For making the root option I used here for Xperia 2011 devices :p
shortfuse --->For creating the SuperOneClick I used here too :D
unrandomsam --->For giving me the idea to backup userdata :D
My Dad --->For helping me in fixing some problems ;)
unchainedrssr --->For giving Dual Recovery tip :D
D4 --->For porting CWM to x10 mini pro
tehgeekguy --->For giving me some files
zacthespack --->For modding ubuntu.img to Xoom and creating the ubuntu.sh :D
faiyyaz --->For fixing a little thing on Ubuntu Script :D
Backtrack --->For making this amazing Distro and arm compatible!
sidgrafix ---> For rewriting the whole Windows script
undergroundandroid ---> For giving support to my projects

Thanks for choosing Lord AIO Tool!!!​

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Manual Root Way

STEP 1: Obtaining Required Files
a.) Download the latest version LAIOT for Windows (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1468298)
b.) Download and Install the latest version of Motorola USB Drivers from HERE.
http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
c. Download http://dl.atftas.us/OEM/Motorola/XOOM/Xoom-Universal-Root.zip2.

STEP 2. Connect the Xoom, Install SD Card, and setup PC
Make sure your Xoom is turned on. Go to settings and click on [developer options]; turn USB debugging ON; turn stay awake ON
Connect it to your PC via USB.
Make sure you have the Xoom drivers installed and that the Xoom mounts on the computer
Place the following files on the root of your SD Card:
Xoom-Universal-Root.zip (downloaded earlier)
Update.zip (from LAIOT Tools Folder)
Install the LAIOT tools folder on c:/LAIOT
Run the LordAIOTool.bat file

STEP 3: Unlock the Bootloader
Copy update.zip from tools folder and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip to external sdcard
Open cmd window on your PC and type the following commands:
cd C:/
cd LAIOT
cd LAIOT
cd CWMInstall
adb reboot bootloader

Your XOOM will reboot into the bootloader (fastboot mode) showing "Starting Fastboot Support Protocol".
Type the following command into the Command Prompt to unlock your bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock

Read the warning and follow the instructions on the Xoom Tablet itself from this point onwards. On the tablet, accept the terms using [VOL -] and [VOL +] keys
[VOL -] then [VOL +] to select
repeat [VOL -] then [VOL +] to select

Once selected, your Xoom will now unlock and format itself, meaning, all data will be cleared and you will go back to a factory reset. and will reboot on its own bringing you to the setup wizard (skip it). (You do want to let it complete the full reboot process this time)

STEP 4: INSTALL ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)
Make sure you have the SD card installed in the Tablet.
Bring your Xoom back to the fastboot screen by:
hold [POWER] + [VOL +] until it reboots
Place in Fastboot Mode: During the first 2 seconds after the Dual Core screen appears, press [VOL +]

On the computer, type:
fastboot flash recovery CWMTiamat.img

You will get a confirmation message indicating that the flashing is done on both computer and Xoom. Then:
fastboot reboot

Do not let it boot to completion (normal boot) or you will need to repeat this process.
Now on Xoom, apply update.zip and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip from SD Card:
While booting press [VOL -] 3 sec after Motorola Dual-Core screen appears (Android Recovery Screen should appear)
Then press [VOL +] (CWM screen should appear now)
use the [VOL -] & [VOL +] keys to navigate and [POWER]button to select
Select "Apply sdcard update.zip" and then
- select “choose zip from sdcard”
-select “Xoom-Universal-Root.zip”
- Select "Yes"
Select “Install zip from sdcard”
Now Select “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “Reboot system now”

Note: if you are restoring from a rooted image, you should be able to skip these last two installs (update.zip and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip) and go straight to the restore procedure (step 6)

You should be done, but you now need to confirm your root status by:
Download and install “Root Checker Basic” from Google Play and then run the checker. You should get a prompt to “allow superuser”. Click “Allow” and you should get a confirmation that you have root access.

You are complete and now have a rooted Xoom with Nandroid ClockWords Mod installed

STEP 5: Backup image to SD card

On your Xoom:
Hold [POWER] + [VOL +] until it reboots
While booting press [VOL -] 3 sec after Motorola Dual-Core screen appears (Android Recovery Screen should appear)
Select "backup and restore" and then
- select “backup”
- Select "Yes" and wait while it completes your backup

STEP 6: Restore image from SD card
Make sure you have the SD card with your backup installed in the Tablet.

On your Xoom:
- select “restore”
-select your desired backup
- Select "Yes" and wait while it completes your restore
Now Select “Reboot system now”

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi, I think it is applicable on Wifi US, as it features doesn't have any thing that prevent you... I liked your unroot a good idea ;), will put on it on next release, the unique problem of the unroot is that it isn't universal, I'm using Tiamat Universal root, so I don't face this incompanility problem there...

Sent from my MZ605 using XDA App

unrandomsam

Apr 20, 2011
Don't get how this is a full backup.

What about the stuff in userdata ?

(All the script does is adb pull /sdcard/)

Reading everything like that seems unlikely and if it did include everything don't get how the permissions would work. (For the stuff usually in userdata on phones.)

Or does userdata on honeycomb not matter with regards to either permissions or file ownership ?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Hi, I think it is applicable on Wifi US, as it features doesn't have any thing that prevent you... I liked your unroot a good idea ;), will put on it on next release, the unique problem of the unroot is that it isn't universal, I'm using Tiamat Universal root, so I don't face this incompanility problem there...

There is no reason you couldn't do the process in reverse (Splitting the boot.img - doing the opposite to build.prop reflash)

Wouldn't be signed though.

Does the original stay signed if it is backed up with dump_image ?

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
I didn't put backup for anyother than /sdcard/ because to backup anyother you need root... and I think I maybe add in beta 7 this option... BTW the new thread is on Android Hacking General you can find the link on the start of the post...

Reactions: mSieben

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

There is no reason you couldn't do the process in reverse (Splitting the boot.img - doing the opposite to build.prop reflash)

Wouldn't be signed though.

Does the original stay signed if it is backed up with dump_image ?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, to restore the unroot (as I know) you need a CWM backup before the install of update.zip and/or the official image (including the system)

leimrey

Nov 23, 2009
Keep up the good work nick! :)
And also, hope you make this tool works perfectly on our x10mp too.

Or, make it for all devices! FTW!

Goodluck!

Reactions: XxLordxX

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Keep up the good work nick! :)
And also, hope you make this tool works perfectly on our x10mp too.

Or, make it for all devices! FTW!

Goodluck!

Thanks :D, I'm working on x10 mini pro, but if you knows anyone can help me on testing please ask him/her to help too :D... I only have x10 mini pro and xoom, my brother has a Play, but he don't let me test as it will void him warranty :(

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
For user mjamocha66 I wasn't able to send you an email and a PM so the answer is here, after unpacking just double click LordAIOTool.bat on LAIOT folder, no more thing is needed :D

Reactions: Mjamocha

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
BUMP, thinking about a new feature, someone can help?

unchainedrssr

Oct 1, 2009
Martinez
Repart (BlackRose type) Bootloader. Might as well get started on it because it will come to be needed.

Recovery Switch/Flash Script. There will be alternate recoveries that will all have their pros and cons (stability vs. WIP). Likely to be various stages of touch recoveries with multiple beta testing stages for themes, tools, etc. They may not prove to be trustworthy at first but we will all test them anyway.

Since ADB can now be used over wifi, you can look into adding this functionality as well (wireless).

These are just off the top of my head. My friends and wife know I can do this all day. I'll check in on occasion to see how this tool develops.

Keep up the good work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first work on xda, I created a tool that can make lots of thing with just a click :D!

Download Links
    Linux
    Windows

WARNING!!!
    I'm not responsible if you brick your device!!! Do at your own risk!!!
    Bootloader Unlocker and Root Tool will VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY!!!

Feel free to buy me a coffee, it will be appreciated :D, click the donate button over there (coffee) ;) http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4169130

XDA portal link
    Here it is :): http://www.xda-developers.com/android/all-in-one-tool-for-motorola-xoom-brings-dual-recovery/
    Thanks for the help ;)

How to use
    Windows --> Download the ZIP from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/laiot/files/LAIOT.zip/download. Extract it in any folder you want. Then read the README_FIRST.txt file, it contains further information about what you need to do! Here's the content if you prefer reading in your browser:
    PLEASE RUN (as administrator) The "Set_Up.bat" First To make sure all dll's and files are distributed where they need to be in order to launch LAIOTools

The reason for this is because this utility does not require the Android SDK to run and has "several key files" that need to be added to multiple directories within LAIOTools for certain Utilities, commands, and features to work properly! This was setup like this to avoid having to manually copy and past the files as well as to keep the download of this utility as light as possible...

Once Set_Up.bat has completed you will see LordAIOTool.bat in the LAIOT root directory. To use the utility, just double click the LordAIOTools.bat to begin...

(Note: There is a version 2 of the same file slightly modified, that file is mainly the same with a slight difference, it does not check to make sure necessary files are installed in the Tools directory for use with this utility - so please do not start with the LordAIOTool2.bat file. It's purpose is used throughout the utility for navigation purposes as a way to bypass the initial file check in the main LordAIOTool.bat file to keep things moving once you have launched the utility.) ..no harm should come if you accidentally used the 2.bat just that some commands may fail while trying to use it!

If you need to install the Motorola Device drivers install the appropriate windows version 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system, they are located in the folder labeled Moto_Drivers

Linux --> Extract on your ~/ (If you didn't understand - /home/youruserhere), open LAIOT folder, double click "RunThisOnce.sh" select run in terminal, now it's installed, to run it, open a terminal and write LAIOT, it's opened! Please report here the bugs! The Linux version link is here https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/laiot/LAIOT.tar.gz?r=&ts=1335123218&use_mirror=master , everything from Windows version is included except Boot in Ubuntu, but I will add later, sorry for the long wait for the new update, but it's here!

Features
    1.Complete Backup Tool
    2.Bootloader Unlocker Tool
    3.Bootloader Locker Tool
    4.Install Recovery
    5.Restore Tool
    6.Root Tool
    7.Unroot Tool
    8.App Install
    9.Unbrick Xoom Tool
    10.Dual Recovery Tool (Only on Linux version)
    11.Ubuntu Boot (Based here Thank him as well!!!)
    12.ROM Install (Under Development)
    13.Stock Install

To use Unroot Tool on Xoom and Unbrick Xoom Tool download the official image (for your device) from the following link :D:
    http://developer.motorola.com/products/software/

History/Changelog
    1st posted as a tool that can backup /sdcard/Android and /sdcard/Gameloft folders on Motorola Xoom, then added Bootloader Unlocker and Root, then added more features :)
    • Beta 1
      1. First Release
      2. No script yet
    • Beta 2
      1. Added a script on zip that can backup your data and unlock bootloader
      2. Fixed Bootloader Unlocker Tool Bug and added some new options
    • Beta 3
      1. Added root option
      2. Fixed some more bugs
      3. Put some more things and better writing
    • Beta 4
      1. Added option to Lock Bootloader
      2. Fixed some words wrong
      3. Tried to fix some bugs
    • Beta 5
      1. Added App Install feature
      2. Added Check Root Feature
      3. Fixed some gramatic errors :p
      4. Fixed some bugs in Bootloader Unlocker
      5. Fixed some bugs in Root
      6. Fixed some bugs on Lock Bootloader
    • Beta 6
      1. Renamed to Lord AIO Tool (on Script)
      2. Added new Root option (Super One Click for some devices)
      3. Added DooMLoRD root (For Xperia 2011 devices)
      4. Fixed "Install app" bug
      5. Fixed "Restore folders" bug
      6. Added more compatibility
      7. Fixed more bugs
      8. Arranged better the folder
    • Beta 7
      1. Added User Data Backup
      2. Improved Backup Tool
      3. Improved Restore Tool
      4. Created an User Data Restore Tool
      5. Moved to Development section :D:D:D
    • Beta 7.1
      1. Just fixed some minor errors... Sorry didn't notice them :eek:
    • Beta 8
      1. Added Unroot option
      2. Fixed some other minor errors that I didn't notice :eek:
    • Beta 9
      1. Added Unbrick Xoom Feature :D (Testers needed)
      2. Organized better the folder of the tool (sorry still need to extract on C:/)
    • Beta 10
      1. Added to X10 Mini Pro forum
      2. Added X10 Mini/Pro and X8 Bootloader Unlocker
    • Beta 11
      1. Added Dual Recovery Xoom (still developing, not working for now :D) (Maybe until Wednesday it's done ;))
      2. Added X10 Mini/Pro CWM Install
      3. Fixed some problems when trying to use some tools
    • Beta 11.1
      1. Testing phase of Dual Recovery on Xoom!!!
      2. Reuploaded, must work now ;)
      3. Fixed some minor things...
    • Beta 12
      1. Fixed some bugs
      2. Really added CWM Install option (working fine)
      3. Messed up with dual recovery... NOT WORKING FOR NOW! DO NOT TRY USING IT!!!
    • Beta 13
      1. Added Ubuntu Boot
      2. Fixed some things...
      3. Added VNC Install
      4. Added Ubuntu Download
    • Version 1
      1. Linux Version is out!
      2. Dual-Recovery on Linux version!
      3. Started ROM Install development!
      4. Stock Install on Linux version!
    • Version 2
      1. Fixed little bug on Dual-Recovery.sh and LordAIOTool.sh scripts
      2. Added BacktrackInstall/Uninstall/Boot script
      3. Started new project... First two scripts are on update, now back to work :)
    • Version 2.1
      1. Big Windows Update!
      2. No changes in Linux yet, next version may come with Linux update
      3. Code completely rewritten
      4. Tools description clearer
      5. Better Start-up check
      6. Many thanks to @sidgrafix, my dear friend, who made this Windows update possible.

Warning regarding last update!
    There are some untested features! Also there are some tools missing! A FAQ was added to the code, and it will be created with users information!
    Thanks.

My Special Thanks to:
    BPaul (paul-xxx) ---> He was my inspiration since I started thinking about developing... He is my favorite developer ever! :D
    zone23 ---> For helping me when I needed some help :)
    solarnz ---> For making the CWM and root I used here for Xoom :p
    DoomLoRD --->For making the root option I used here for Xperia 2011 devices :p
    shortfuse --->For creating the SuperOneClick I used here too :D
    unrandomsam --->For giving me the idea to backup userdata :D
    My Dad --->For helping me in fixing some problems ;)
    unchainedrssr --->For giving Dual Recovery tip :D
    D4 --->For porting CWM to x10 mini pro
    tehgeekguy --->For giving me some files
    zacthespack --->For modding ubuntu.img to Xoom and creating the ubuntu.sh :D
    faiyyaz --->For fixing a little thing on Ubuntu Script :D
    Backtrack --->For making this amazing Distro and arm compatible!
    sidgrafix ---> For rewriting the whole Windows script
    undergroundandroid ---> For giving support to my projects

Thanks for choosing Lord AIO Tool!!!​
    Manual Root Way

STEP 1: Obtaining Required Files
    a.) Download the latest version LAIOT for Windows (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1468298)
    b.) Download and Install the latest version of Motorola USB Drivers from HERE.
    http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
    c. Download http://dl.atftas.us/OEM/Motorola/XOOM/Xoom-Universal-Root.zip2.

STEP 2. Connect the Xoom, Install SD Card, and setup PC
    Make sure your Xoom is turned on. Go to settings and click on [developer options]; turn USB debugging ON; turn stay awake ON
    Connect it to your PC via USB.
    Make sure you have the Xoom drivers installed and that the Xoom mounts on the computer
    Place the following files on the root of your SD Card:
    Xoom-Universal-Root.zip (downloaded earlier)
    Update.zip (from LAIOT Tools Folder)
    Install the LAIOT tools folder on c:/LAIOT
    Run the LordAIOTool.bat file

STEP 3: Unlock the Bootloader
    Copy update.zip from tools folder and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip to external sdcard
    Open cmd window on your PC and type the following commands:
    cd C:/
    cd LAIOT
    cd LAIOT
    cd CWMInstall
    adb reboot bootloader

Your XOOM will reboot into the bootloader (fastboot mode) showing "Starting Fastboot Support Protocol".
    Type the following command into the Command Prompt to unlock your bootloader:
    fastboot oem unlock

Read the warning and follow the instructions on the Xoom Tablet itself from this point onwards. On the tablet, accept the terms using [VOL -] and [VOL +] keys
    [VOL -] then [VOL +] to select
    repeat [VOL -] then [VOL +] to select

Once selected, your Xoom will now unlock and format itself, meaning, all data will be cleared and you will go back to a factory reset. and will reboot on its own bringing you to the setup wizard (skip it). (You do want to let it complete the full reboot process this time)

STEP 4: INSTALL ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)
    Place in Fastboot Mode: During the first 2 seconds after the Dual Core screen appears, press [VOL +]

On the computer, type:
    fastboot flash recovery CWMTiamat.img

You will get a confirmation message indicating that the flashing is done on both computer and Xoom. Then:
    fastboot reboot

Do not let it boot to completion (normal boot) or you will need to repeat this process.
    Now on Xoom, apply update.zip and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip from SD Card:
    Select "Apply sdcard update.zip" and then
    - select “choose zip from sdcard”
    - Select "Yes"
    Select “Install zip from sdcard”

Note: if you are restoring from a rooted image, you should be able to skip these last two installs (update.zip and Xoom-Universal-Root.zip) and go straight to the restore procedure (step 6)

You should be done, but you now need to confirm your root status by:
    Download and install “Root Checker Basic” from Google Play and then run the checker. You should get a prompt to “allow superuser”. Click “Allow” and you should get a confirmation that you have root access.

You are complete and now have a rooted Xoom with Nandroid ClockWords Mod installed

STEP 5: Backup image to SD card

On your Xoom:
    - select “backup”
    - Select "Yes" and wait while it completes your backup

STEP 6: Restore image from SD card
    Make sure you have the SD card with your backup installed in the Tablet.

On your Xoom:
    - select “restore”
    -select your desired backup
    - Select "Yes" and wait while it completes your restore
    Now Select “Reboot system now”
    Ok, do the following:
    Open cmd
    Type cd C:/
    Type cd LAIOT
    Type cd LAIOT
    Type cd CWMInstall
    Type adb reboot bootloader
    Type fastboot flash recovery CWMTiamat.img
    Type fastboot reboot
    Now on Xoom while booting (Motorola Dual-Core screen) press vol- until appear Android Recovery
    Now on Xoom press vol+
    And it should be on CWM now

Congrats... You just learned how to do it manually :p:)

Sent from my awesome ICS Xoom with xda Premium HD
    Hi Lord,

So it seems that this tool does not work when starting with a GEDified Xoom on 4.1.2 (unlocked bootloader)

As reported in the above post, it seems to install a recovery, but when you try to boot in recovery you get the red triangle and have to hard reboot.

Do you think there will be a method to install a recovery on 4.1.2?

Thanks

I had success with the manual flash way! The steps I followed:

INSTALL ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM)

- connect your xoom to your PC

On the computer, type in your search box:
    cmd.exe

then:
    navigate to your recovery folder in the LAIOT folder;
    C:\LAIOT\Recovery\adb.exe

then:

fastboot flash recovery C:\LAIOT\Recovery\CWMTiamat.img

You will get a confirmation message indicating that the flashing is done on both computer and Xoom.

Then:
    fastboot reboot

and you can reboot in your recovery by pressing Vol- after 3 sec (after motorola logo) and Vol+...

Good luck!
    Hi,

Good news everyone! I've picked up to check the new version and I finished it. There's one feature only missing. As soon as I get my internet working okay again I'll upload it! Thanks for everyone who supported LAIOT so far ^^. And sorry for taking so long to update. AFAIK there's no need for a Linux update.

Thanks,
    ~Lord