[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

violato

Dec 17, 2007
how do we check the network lock / sim lock status on our Fuze? (We can do this with Nokia by punching series of number) I just bought this unlocked Fuze and I want to check the unlock status for the phone before I reflash anything. Thanks.

M

mcowly

Hi all,

Question:
I want to flash the M-ROM after the HSPL.
But is has only the .nbh file in it.
Which custom RUU do I need with it?
It's too tricky to just try one I guess :cool:

Thanks!

bretto_b

Dec 17, 2008
Brisbane
UC

If a rom is User customisible does that make it essential to take my sd out, if so when can i put it back in to configure my programs in during first customization?? Help please

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
how do we check the network lock / sim lock status on our Fuze? (We can do this with Nokia by punching series of number) I just bought this unlocked Fuze and I want to check the unlock status for the phone before I reflash anything. Thanks.
Try putting a different sim card into it? If it doesnt work its locked lol :)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hi all,

Question:
I want to flash the M-ROM after the HSPL.
But is has only the .nbh file in it.
Which custom RUU do I need with it?
It's too tricky to just try one I guess :cool:

Thanks!
Go *HERE* and download the CustomRUU, then simply unzip it and put the .nbh file in the same folder as the RUU and run the RUU to flash. If you have problems with the CustomRUU then try the RaphealWrapper from the same thread.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
If a rom is User customisible does that make it essential to take my sd out, if so when can i put it back in to configure my programs in during first customization?? Help please
Its not essential that you take out the microSD Card while flashing your Rom its merely a safe guard. If you wish to keep safe while flashing then take out the microSD Card while flashing and then insert it just before you do your Hard Reset. That way your programs will be installed when the phone boots into the operating system. Make sure you copy your uc list and programs into the appropriate folders on your storage card first though.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
hi im trying to run the hardspl but its saying it cant connect to the phone, i have active sync open and connected...what am i missing?
[FONT=&quot]NOTE 2: Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the download to the device and run it. Once the screen is black, run RUU manually from the PC.[/FONT]

jeffm1330

Jan 10, 2009
cannot find raphael RUU in any folders

Hi there all. I have tried to follow the directions outlined to the T, but I cannot find a "ROM Update Utility" (RUU) in any of the files I download. I have downloaded the "Hard_SPL" for the Raphael that is listed at the beginning of this thread (I found two files in that zip file). I had to run the SPL manually as the automatic feature did not work (gave me an error about .net compact framework . . . ?). This manual mode was successful (got the black screen on my HTC Fuze).

However, in ROM files I download from this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=444784, there is no RUU that I can find. The only files I see are "RaphaelWrapper.exe" and "RAPHIMG.nbh". Note that I specifically downloaded NATF's "HTC Touch Pro v4.0 Standard". Am I missing something? I found an RUU in the "Unsigned-Hard-SPL-Diamond-OliNex" file, but I am afraid this is not something to use as it is for the HTC Diamond not Touch Pro. I am correct? Where do I find the correct RUU if so? Thanks for helping out a newbie!

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hi there all. I have tried to follow the directions outlined to the T, but I cannot find a "ROM Update Utility" (RUU) in any of the files I download. I have downloaded the "Hard_SPL" for the Raphael that is listed at the beginning of this thread (I found two files in that zip file). I had to run the SPL manually as the automatic feature did not work (gave me an error about .net compact framework . . . ?). This manual mode was successful (got the black screen on my HTC Fuze).

However, in ROM files I download from this page http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=444784, there is no RUU that I can find. The only files I see are "RaphaelWrapper.exe" and "RAPHIMG.nbh". Note that I specifically downloaded NATF's "HTC Touch Pro v4.0 Standard". Am I missing something? I found an RUU in the "Unsigned-Hard-SPL-Diamond-OliNex" file, but I am afraid this is not something to use as it is for the HTC Diamond not Touch Pro. I am correct? Where do I find the correct RUU if so? Thanks for helping out a newbie!
Just run the RaphaelWrapper.exe that was included in the download, its a CustomRUU thats been patched by cmonex.

AJayL69

Nov 22, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I'm not having ANY luck updating the ROM to NAFT 4.1. I've downloaded the ROM file.. NATF***.rar. Where does this file go? I don't see ANY postings stating where this file goes. I've tried using RaphaelHard_SPL and the only ROM in there was Raphael 1.90.... Not what I want... So how do I update my ROM to NATF? Step by Step instructions would be GREATLY appreciated.... Can anyone, and I mean anyone help me to flash to NATF?? CustomRUU will not run... and neither will the Raphael Wrapper. (Errors out)

I have a HTC Touch Pro/ATT Fuze. Current ROM is 1.9.5...

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I'm not having ANY luck updating the ROM to NAFT 4.1. I've downloaded the ROM file.. NATF***.rar. Where does this file go? I don't see ANY postings stating where this file goes. I've tried using RaphaelHard_SPL and the only ROM in there was Raphael 1.90.... Not what I want... So how do I update my ROM to NATF? Step by Step instructions would be GREATLY appreciated.... Can anyone, and I mean anyone help me to flash to NATF?? CustomRUU will not run... and neither will the Raphael Wrapper. (Errors out)

I have a HTC Touch Pro/ATT Fuze. Current ROM is 1.9.5...
You have specific instructions on the first page of this thread that tell you exactly what to do after you download your rom, have you not read them?

First you need to flash HardSPL before you can flash a custom rom so im assuming you have done that already. Then you need to download your prefered Rom and UNRAR it to a folder on your computer. If there is no customRUU in the roms directory then go *HERE* and use the customruu in the attachments. If that doesnt work then try the RaphaelWrapper from the same page. Simply download and unzip it to your roms folder and run it while synched with your computer.

Its all in the instructions :)

AJayL69

Nov 22, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Since I'm REAL new to this... I didn't know I had to "UNRAR" the file. Found a program on the net to do this, so now I'll try this again. Thanks...

jeffm1330

Jan 10, 2009
Errors running wrapper/RUU

Just run the RaphaelWrapper.exe that was included in the download, its a CustomRUU thats been patched by cmonex.

Thanks for the help! I tried that, but I get an error "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application" right when I open the program. I am running Windows XP SP3. This happened with the "RaphaelHardSPL-Unsigned_190_1_3" automatic Hard SPL too (exact same error). Is this a common error? When I tried to run the HTC Diamond RUU (to see if it would run without errors), that did open on my computer just fine. Of course I didn't go through using it! ;)

Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated!!!

EDIT: I didn't have .net Framework 3.5 installed on my computer which is necessary to run these files. Thanks for the help all!

Last edited:

m4rc3l1n0

Mar 21, 2008
Anybody knows how to totally wipe out all of touch pro data
I've been using Lantis Rom (LantisOSv2.06RC1_WhiteCanvas.zip) and somehow my gps won't work anymore (never get a fix)
I tried hard reset ing it (vol down, center key, and reset) but there are some of my sms messages keep showing up
any idea?

m4rc3l1n0

Mar 21, 2008
I've been using Lantis Rom (LantisOSv2.06RC1_WhiteCanvas.zip) and somehow my gps won't work anymore (never get a fix)
I tried hard reset ing it (vol down, center key, and reset) but there are some of my sms messages keep showing up
any idea?
here is what inside my touch pro
LantisOSv2.06RC1_WhiteCanvas
Radio 1.02.25.28 Raphael
Garmin Mobile XT v5
GPSTest

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
any idea?
here is what inside my touch pro
LantisOSv2.06RC1_WhiteCanvas
Radio 1.02.25.28 Raphael
Garmin Mobile XT v5
GPSTest
Thats wierd HardReset should wipe all your data including sms messages. Have you tried a different radio to fix your gps problem? or try a different rom.

XRHSTHS

Jan 11, 2009
I apologize in advance if it has been mentioned but I've been back and forth in the pages for the last 2 hours and not came across it, I might have missed something.

I tried flashing my Fuze according to the guide but I can't get the HardSPL flash to work. I sync the phone with the pc and when it reaches the part with the progress bar, it loses connection and it reports an error.

I tried this with 2 different phones (my brother's too) and the same result.

I can't pass that stage.

Running vista, and have currently 1.95 ROM int the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also where can I get some info on another issue....? I am on Fido network and can't get explorer or opera to work on the 3g network. I can download emails and weather and stuff but no exploring. They told me it's because I don't have a fido phone but what else are they supposed to say .... right ?

I am sure I have the setting right, have done it before, but migrated from iphone and still trying to use my data package with no luck on the explorer.

I know it's a question for somewhere else, maybe someone can point me to it.

Thanks.

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I apologize in advance if it has been mentioned but I've been back and forth in the pages for the last 2 hours and not came across it, I might have missed something.

I tried flashing my Fuze according to the guide but I can't get the HardSPL flash to work. I sync the phone with the pc and when it reaches the part with the progress bar, it loses connection and it reports an error.

I tried this with 2 different phones (my brother's too) and the same result.

I can't pass that stage.

Running vista, and have currently 1.95 ROM int the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also where can I get some info on another issue....? I am on Fido network and can't get explorer or opera to work on the 3g network. I can download emails and weather and stuff but no exploring. They told me it's because I don't have a fido phone but what else are they supposed to say .... right ?

I am sure I have the setting right, have done it before, but migrated from iphone and still trying to use my data package with no luck on the explorer.

I know it's a question for somewhere else, maybe someone can point me to it.

Thanks.
Have you tried running [FONT=&quot]SSPLManual.exe?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NOTE 2: Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the download to the device and run it. Once the screen is black, run RUU manually from the PC.[/FONT]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...