Votes: 301 6.8%
  • I dont know how to change themes

Votes: 2,363 53.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sep 14, 2008
Boise
OnePlus 8T
here we go, it doesnt start in the apps like I was hoping. you have to start it to use it.

63zif7.png

Organize your Android apps into groups.
GroupHome is a program that organizes all the apps you've installed on your phone. It automatically groups together apps using the categories shown in Android Market. This grouping approach helps you find apps faster. You can long-press on an app to uninstall it or view its details.

Requirements:

· Android OS

Attachments

• GroupHome-100.zip
    39.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Fear_Zoa

Jan 17, 2009
I would love to see a gears of war theme...
or just a black theme with lots of blood....

sorry im kinda....creepy lol

Cargo75

Jan 27, 2009
yeah that is true but who needs tmobile?? :D I rather have multi touch, syslinked data, themes and SOOO much more than have the ability to get OTA updates. also even if you did use tmobiles update you will lose root

so i COULD use the OTA update, Id just lose root right?

PS, i asked this in the other forum but no answer

The DREAMIMG-1.nbh file u put on ur SD CARD, the one i downloaded it missing the M in DREAM, is that ok or do I need to rename it?

K

korndub

yep in preferences.... here..... preferences - general - uncheck "open safe files after download"

nolageek

Oct 24, 2007
Washington, DC
queerandloathing.com
so i COULD use the OTA update, Id just lose root right?

PS, i asked this in the other forum but no answer

The DREAMIMG-1.nbh file u put on ur SD CARD, the one i downloaded it missing the M in DREAM, is that ok or do I need to rename it?

Dont rename it. It's not supposed to have the M.

Lots of people have posted instructions on how to downgrade to RC29, get root and upgrade back to the JFv1.41 version of RC30. Read as many of them as you can so you can see that they all kind of say the same thing in different ways... and make sure you know every step and have already downladed everything you need before you start.

I started with these links:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=475381
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Root

I also had to end up adding HardSPL in order to go from RC29 back to JFv1.41 RC30:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=455860

I read stuff for about 4 hours and it took me about 8 minutes to actually do it all. :)

sWuRv

Nov 19, 2006
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Yeah I had that installed before, but was also disappointed that it was a stand-alone app and not an add-on for the default launcher. I figured we might have to edit some of the dreaded XML's to remove icons from the launcher, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll start researching the matter myself. I will start searching through the launcher APK for clues on how to get this accomplished. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

tehseano

Jan 23, 2009
did you set classpath and path?

Stericson
Yes, my android sdk is in C:\android\, and C:\android\tools\ is added on both PATH and CLASSPATH, this is where I have the autosign and other 3 remaining files in. However when I first did the autosign app, my right click worked, then I later tried to open a zip, and set my winrar back to the default prog, now no matter what it won't re-add that right click > sign apk function, even with the defaults removed :(, but thats still no biggy. Doesn't bother me to manually punch in the address.

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
Yes, my android sdk is in C:\android\, and C:\android\tools\ is added on both PATH and CLASSPATH, this is where I have the autosign and other 3 remaining files in. However when I first did the autosign app, my right click worked, then I later tried to open a zip, and set my winrar back to the default prog, now no matter what it won't re-add that right click > sign apk function, even with the defaults removed :(, but thats still no biggy. Doesn't bother me to manually punch in the address.

Honestly, I have to say I don't know....I think winrar or winace, one of those messes something up and it no longer works....It's hard to say whats going on. make sure the reg value are set right....and open a cmd prompt and type the following to check classpath and path

echo %classpath%
echo %path%

you should see your path in the output. if not then it's not set right.

Stericson

SiG239

Jan 29, 2009
would like to see a blackberry storm theme similar to the one currently available for the iphone

sdlong92

Jan 28, 2009
download the update.zip that I provided which returns your font's to normal. Now just replace the fonts with your own. Droidsans is the one you want to change.

The title of the post that has that file is "Restore original themes and fonts"

Stericson

Sorry, I also have a question regarding this. I downloaded your update_fonts.zip, replaced the "DroidSans.ttf" file with a font of my choice, which I renamed to "DroidSans.ttf". I then placed the zip file on my sd card and renamed that to update.zip. But when I boot into recovery and press 'alt s' it comes up with an error which says something to the entent of "can't open \sdcard\update.zip (bad)".

Does anyone know what I did wrong? And if so can they point me in the riht direction? I appreciate any help and offer thanks in advance.
-Sophy

Stericson

Retired Senior Mod / Retired Senior RD
Nov 10, 2008
sounds like it may have gotten corrupted when you downloaded it. redownload and, like mentioned above, resign the update.

Stericson

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I am a little new here. I am kind of a newb with a lot of things. I did root my device and replaced the boot images.. but i do not know how to make themes. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help by making a theme for me?

I added some images as to what i am looking to have done, that is of course anyone is willing to help. it is fairly simple i am looking to get the color scheme and kids icons if possible... maybe have a little fun with the clock or not if its too much work.

If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it... i am a graphic designer more than a programmer.. a lot of this is confusing to me.

I really like this site and hopefully i can be of some help at some point. This is my first post but i plan on posting a lot more.
    I would like to change the text color of the popup panel or menu to white.

paneltext.jpg

I have a nexus one, using CM6, and decompiled my framework-res.apk. I found in the Value folder that the styles.xml has the following that is relevant to changing the panel text color. The code:

<item name="panelBackground">@drawable/menu_background</item>
    <item name="panelFullBackground">@drawable/menu_background_fill_parent_width</item>
    <item name="panelColorForeground">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
    <item name="panelColorBackground">#ffffffff</item>
    <item name="panelTextAppearance">?textAppearanceInverse</item>

I did several things but the text is still black.

1)I removed "Inverse",
    2)changed the "panelColorBackground" to #ff000000 and, left "panelColorForeground" "panelTextAppearance" alone.
    3)removed "Inverse"

Nothing helps. Do you have any idea?

After I changed the styles.xml, I recompiled, copied original AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder to the modded framework-res.apk, then pushed. Is any of the following incorrect?

please help

In the styles.xml change:

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">?textColorPrimaryInverse</item>

to

<style name="TextAppearance.Widget.IconMenu.Item" parent="@style/TextAppearance.Small">
    <item name="textColor">@color/bright_foreground_dark</item>
    Nice concept...but I`m not sure if you have looked at this topic http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467639 It describe how to make a theme and stuff, good starting point anyways. Hope it helps!
    @brandenk

why do we need to zip the files in linux? By the way thanks for the theming for dummies guide. ;)

I don't know why, something about how linux packages zip files opposed to windows, and yes once I figure it out and find all the problems people can have I am going to make up a nice walkthrough on making themes. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were already some theme manager apps in the works to make this whole process easier.
    Im teaching myself how to make themes as well. I have found it best to read through that walkthrough a million times and then PM a couple of the dev guys to answer specific questions.

Basically this is the process:

- Take a theme that you like for RC30 or ADP1 or whatever you wanna make it in

- Extract 2 folders inside, app, and framework into a new folder on your computer

- Rename add a .zip to the end of the apk files and extract them all so you have a bunch of folders with your app names

- Go into res and find any folder that says drawable and inside of there are the files to edit for your theme. Make sure not to edit the .9.png files.

- Once all your editing is done get into linux and turn all the folders back into zip files, then turn them back into apk files.

- Then take your app folder and framework folder that contain the new files and in linux create it into one zip file.

- Then you send the file back to windows, get the SignAPK files, put your zip in the folder with the SignAPK files and run some commands in the CMD to resign the file.

- Then rename that file update.zip and put it on the SDcard and give it a whirl.

This is how I understand the process after talking to a couple people for the last few days. I am hoping to release my own theme soon and if it works you will know that these steps are right. LOL And dont follow those directions, they are just to give you an idea of the steps involved.