Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Br1cK'd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Fix to Get Rid of the MMS Notification in your Call Logs

Apologies about the brief post earlier today, was at work and a bit of a hurry. Here is a more detailed method.

This was created from the JS5, i9000 source, but has been confirmed to also work on JS7 and KB1.

This will not remove exisiting notifications, but will stop new ones from popping up.

I do not take credit for the original fix, my source is listed below.

Clockwork Flashable zip file below to apply this fix, the steps are listed because I was asked for the process, but if you just want the mod, just flash the file at the bottom of this post.

This assumes you have knowledge of apkmanager or apktool to decompile the apk's, and notepad++ or another way to compare and edit the smali's. Those are lessons for another thread.

I happened upon this thread this morning over in Vibrant Q&A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=988929

Which led me here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=853177 (Go Hit mammon88's thanks button)

-Grab the LogsProvider.apk from the Epic thread, second one linked, and decompiled using apkmanager.
-Move that file somewhere else, maybe even rename the folder, you won't need it again, and it will be the example folder/files.
-Take the LogsProvider.apk from your rom, and decompile with apkmanager or similar program.
-Inside the decompiled apk, using the one in the apkmanager folder here, not the Example Folder, browse to \smali\com\sec\android\provider\logsprovider, and open the LogsProvider.smali with notepad++ (that what I recommend using)
-Now from you Example Folder, drag the corresponding smali file to notepad++, and it will be in a new tab.
-In notepad++, hit Plugins->Compare->Compare, and the differences in the files are highlighted.
-Recreate the edits in the example to your main file, and save.
-Recompile the apk being sure to delete the classes.dex in the process.

These steps may/will work for comparing and editing other files, but be cautious. I didn't go in blindly and say "Eureka" on the first differences I saw. I compared every smali and xml, being cautious in editing, and got lucky on my first shot. Thankfully this apk only has a handful of smali files, first one I've ever decompiled that had less than 40. If you follow my steps, don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work, especially if you failed to make a backup.

The zip below is flashable via Clockwork Recovery. Backup as always, cause hey, it happens.

Attachments

• LogsProvider.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 924
Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Or go into contacts and select history click settings key then view by and uncheck messaging. Contacts and dialer are tied together and your selected history in contacts shows in call logs.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Have known that works, but not many have found that setting in the i9000 roms, and quite a few are complaining about the MMS showing up. This zip will fix all that for you.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Yeah sorry I just checked and didn't work

Don't see how that is possible, it works on mine. Flash the file, it will not erase existing notifications, but new ones will now show up, read the OP please.

Or did you mean checking the boxes didn't work, sorry if I misread ya, got screaming new yorkers in one ear who have no business being in the same room as a computer, let alone being allowed to call a help desk to explain their issues taht they don't understand themselves. Welcome to my 9-5. :D

explodingboy70

Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
Don't see how that is possible, it works on mine. Flash the file, it will not erase existing notifications, but new ones will now show up, read the OP please.

Or did you mean checking the boxes didn't work, sorry if I misread ya, got screaming new yorkers in one ear who have no business being in the same room as a computer, let alone being allowed to call a help desk to explain their issues taht they don't understand themselves. Welcome to my 9-5. :D

Yeah the checking boxes didn't work whereas it did for me last week. I guess some builds it does some it doesn't. Might depend on which dialer/contacts apk. So disregard anything I've said and thanks for posting a fix.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Yeah the checking boxes didn't work whereas it did for me last week. I guess some builds it does some it doesn't. Might depend on which dialer/contacts apk. So disregard anything I've said and thanks for posting a fix.

Thanks for clarifying, and again, sorry about misreading you there friend. ;)

Edited - This might work on your Sweet Honey Port, the firmware versions aren't far off, if anyone tests it lmk and I'll add that info to the OP.

Last edited:

m4r10

Aug 16, 2010
Thanks! just flashed on my phone, on Bionix 1.3.1. I can confirm this fixed the MMS in the call log issue.

tsquire99

Jan 13, 2011
Unchecking it worked for me! Downloaded it anyway for future use!

Ohh and running Atriarc v1

Edit: scratch that. It didnt stick. Thanks for the flashable fix!

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Thanks! just flashed on my phone, on Bionix 1.3.1. I can confirm this fixed the MMS in the call log issue.

Thats interesting. I thought that Bionix 1.3.1 was KB1 (Android 2.2) based. Well hell, as long as it works, although be on the lookout for the odd issue or two, as this was sourced from the European i9000 JS5 port, and is all I've tested it on. Thx for the confirmation.

jellette

Sep 18, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks, great job!
Confirmed working on JS7.
Ive got some optimized 2.2.1 - from 2.3 - files i'll send your way.

Last edited:

m4r10

Aug 16, 2010
Thats interesting. I thought that Bionix 1.3.1 was KB1 (Android 2.2) based. Well hell, as long as it works, although be on the lookout for the odd issue or two, as this was sourced from the European i9000 JS5 port, and is all I've tested it on. Thx for the confirmation.

I'm also running the overstock kernel. I dunno if that has anything to do with it. But it works just fine

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Thanks, great job!
Confirmed working on JS7.
Ive got some optimized 2.2.1 - from 2.3 - files i'll send your way.

woo hoo! goodies to play with this weekend. :D

Care to share what edits you made to make this work? I'd like to try it out myself

yes I wanted to post my steps and source this morning, but was at work and in a bit of a hurry, look for an update to the OP here in a little while, listing source and my steps, its actually really easy, given you're familiar with apkmanager or apktool, and notepadd++

I'm also running the overstock kernel. I dunno if that has anything to do with it. But it works just fine

kernel shouldn't matter. hmm, I wonder if this is good for all our froyo builds. what is your firmware version if you don't mind?

peecs121

Jan 11, 2011
Worked perfect on Bionix 1.3.1 running Overstock 1.4. Thanks cause it was annoying seeing that on my call log. Great job!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix to Get Rid of the MMS Notification in your Call Logs

Apologies about the brief post earlier today, was at work and a bit of a hurry. Here is a more detailed method.

This was created from the JS5, i9000 source, but has been confirmed to also work on JS7 and KB1.

This will not remove exisiting notifications, but will stop new ones from popping up.

I do not take credit for the original fix, my source is listed below.

Clockwork Flashable zip file below to apply this fix, the steps are listed because I was asked for the process, but if you just want the mod, just flash the file at the bottom of this post.

This assumes you have knowledge of apkmanager or apktool to decompile the apk's, and notepad++ or another way to compare and edit the smali's. Those are lessons for another thread.

I happened upon this thread this morning over in Vibrant Q&A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=988929

Which led me here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=853177 (Go Hit mammon88's thanks button)

-Grab the LogsProvider.apk from the Epic thread, second one linked, and decompiled using apkmanager.
    -Move that file somewhere else, maybe even rename the folder, you won't need it again, and it will be the example folder/files.
    -Take the LogsProvider.apk from your rom, and decompile with apkmanager or similar program.
    -Inside the decompiled apk, using the one in the apkmanager folder here, not the Example Folder, browse to \smali\com\sec\android\provider\logsprovider, and open the LogsProvider.smali with notepad++ (that what I recommend using)
    -Now from you Example Folder, drag the corresponding smali file to notepad++, and it will be in a new tab.
    -In notepad++, hit Plugins->Compare->Compare, and the differences in the files are highlighted.
    -Recreate the edits in the example to your main file, and save.
    -Recompile the apk being sure to delete the classes.dex in the process.

These steps may/will work for comparing and editing other files, but be cautious. I didn't go in blindly and say "Eureka" on the first differences I saw. I compared every smali and xml, being cautious in editing, and got lucky on my first shot. Thankfully this apk only has a handful of smali files, first one I've ever decompiled that had less than 40. If you follow my steps, don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work, especially if you failed to make a backup.

The zip below is flashable via Clockwork Recovery. Backup as always, cause hey, it happens.
    Or go into contacts and select history click settings key then view by and uncheck messaging. Contacts and dialer are tied together and your selected history in contacts shows in call logs.

Tried this for Bionix 1.3.1 and it didn't work for me. Flashed it twice and tried pushing it with Root Explorer. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

You could try doing as Poser suggested, using a root explorer type app, rename your orinigal apk, then push this apk or place it in the folder with the root explorer app of your choice, and reboot, although the flash should replace it. This does not remove existing logs, but will stop new ones. Are you still getting new ones coming in?

Sent from my Loki powered Vibrant via the XDA App
    *Hits the thanks button when I get home*

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
    Worked for me using Bionix 1.3.1 Touchwiz. I hit thanks for you. Great work bro.