Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
Think 4.0.3 needs it or something. Doesn't matter when though. Can flash after. Just won't be able to see recovery until you do.

Or maybe not needed, based on post above. Was under impression w/o GB bootloader there would be rainbows blocking recovery like in GB rom.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sorry about the GPS thing, I'm a cappy user myself so used that OP. I did say GPS doesn't work though :p. As for gb boot loaders, they are required for Deep Idle to work with our kernel. If you don't care about Deep Idle, then you don't need them. As for updating: I will update both the patch and the ROM when needed. I recommend flashing the ROM each time not the patch, but its your choice.

Reactions: trailblazerz11

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
LMAO, very informative..thanks :)

Anyways, I think I read that you get rainbows if you don't flash GB loaders.

You might on boot, but it's just cosmetic.

To the person asking about updates: they will all be non-wipe, just as normal CM9, and I will do my best to update it as often as they do. Once nightlies come out, I'll let you know what I decide to do. I might set up a build script to modify it and push Vibrant Nightlies as well.

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com

treyvaporizer

Dec 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
Last edited:

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
Ok mine says GT-i9000 as well, so i should not flash this? I have odin all ready but if my bootscreen says gt-i9000 will it soft brick or anything?

It *should* just replace it. But it looks like you already have GB bootloaders.
Just flash CM9 now. six said only problem should be deep idle, you can always flash the bootloaders later if deep idle doesnt work.

It shouldn't wipe, only flashes bootloader

Last edited:
Reactions: treyvaporizer

treyvaporizer

Dec 17, 2010
Dallas, TX
It *should* just replace it. But it looks like you already have GB bootloaders.
Just flash CM9 now. six said only problem should be deep idle, you can always flash the bootloaders later if deep idle doesnt work.

It shouldn't wipe, only flashes bootloader

Thanks man, almost broke my phone for some reason, it had that "phone to computer alert icon" so i just reflashed the bootloader and all is well. Also got my Vibrant boot logo back! Thanks a ton

Dougfresh

Jan 15, 2011
Treasure Island beach, FL
To flash GB Bootloaders, I believe that you must be on a Stock ROM, but I am not sure.

No you could Odin GB BL's at your leisure (just do it properly)

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Your softkeys would work right first of all, second, your build.prop would say Vibrant.

You know what I kinda don't mind it build.proping it on 9000 .I haven't had any ill effects from it.
Edit: I have no issues with Back and Home k.m.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I ain't breaking balls Sixstings.I Love everything you do my man.I'm dl right now!Thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

% battery mod for this build http://db.tt/mo3xpDA9

Last edited:

mattb6288

Jun 28, 2009
i think i'll stick with passion until this gets a bit less issues and has face unlock ported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FaultException has now posted an official Vibrant CM9 thread. This thread will now be a thread for kangs that have cherry-picks added on top. I will contact a moderator to move it to the general section now as well. The first one is compiling now, and the OP is under construction.

http://goo-inside.me/devs/glitch/CM9_Kangs/Vibrant
    Newest build:
    http://goo.gl/VycqY

Changed:
    GPS Works!
    SU Works!
    Everything important works!
    Am I missing an update log from 14? What's different?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
    Any idea when OP will be updated to include list of changes with 14?

So here's how this works: I do not own a Vibrant. I have a friend that does, so i maintain this for him and a few other guys. I am helping maintain and test kernels for four devices, I have work, and I have school, so i am quite limited on time. I do not make money from this ROM, in fact I lose money due to bandwidth costs. The more people bug me about it, the more likely I am to stop maintaining this ROM, or just stop posting it on XDA. The OP will get updated, I figured people would rather have a new build and no OP than the other way around. I also link to the i9000 OP in my OP, you can find the info yourself.
    Once device trees and such are pushed, how many would be interested in nightlies? As of now, build 14 only has 53 downloads. At that point, it probably wouldn't be worth the bandwidth costs to upload nightlies, but we'll see.

Edit: I'll also have to look and see at the end of the month how much bandwidth I'm using. I might have enough to be fine without paying extra, we'll see.
    New fixed build coming in a couple hours.