MLB At Bat '12 not compatible with the Rezound?

Search This thread

MustangDan74

Mar 1, 2012
I tried to buy this app in the store and it says not compatible with my device? Why the hell not? This has me quite upset, I was hoping to listen to games while its slow at work. Grrrr......

Last edited:

MustangDan74

Mar 1, 2012
Nope, shouldn't matter. I'm on ICS. Find the free version APK and sideload it, and then it gives you the option of logging into your MLB account to get the audio streams.

Thanks, I will have to learn how to do that for future games I guess, I'm at work typing on the phone right now so....

I have the free version on my phone, that one works. It's when I tried to upgrade that it won't.

garofalo

Apr 6, 2012
Hey, it's a thread I have something meaningful to contribute to. I just got this working today. I have At Bat 12 Light, but I had to set lcd_density back to 320 to get it. Then I found I couldn't stream video. So I did some googling and learned how to spoof the phone model. See, MLB only allows video streaming on pre-approved devices. Rezound isn't, but galaxy nexus is. There are 4 (I think) build.prop entries that need to be changed. Unfortunately I can't find the link at the moment, but you shouldn't have too much trouble searching various keyword permutations.

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Wait, is anyone able to buy the MLB at bat app that costs 14.99? This is the one I can't download because it says it's not compatible with the Rezound. The "lite" version isn't the problem...

MustangDan74

Mar 1, 2012
Nope, shouldn't matter. I'm on ICS. Find the free version APK and sideload it, and then it gives you the option of logging into your MLB account to get the audio streams.

So I have the At Bat Lite on my phone, when I try logging in to my MLB account it still tells me I need At Bat 12, which it won't let me do. What am I missing?

nmadd

May 22, 2010
Wait, is anyone able to buy the MLB at bat app that costs 14.99? This is the one I can't download because it says it's not compatible with the Rezound. The "lite" version isn't the problem...

Buy it on the Amazon Appstore.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MustangDan74

Mar 1, 2012
So I just paid $20 for the annual subscription to MLB.com, do I also have to pay $$$ for the app to listen to games?

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter
No....

If you paid and have a MLB account, you should be good to go.

I have the 24.95 sub which includes the video (but doesn't currently work on the Rezound, just the radio audio feeds work).

I downloaded the free "lite" version of MLB and just put in my log and pass and it works fine on unrooted stock GB.

To be sure that I wasn't losing any MLB access or features (outside of the live tv feed) I also put the "Lite" version on my Dinc (which does work with the Live video feeds) and it worked fine...

So you want the MLB lite app.

I personally went to the MLBTV website and subscribed there.... Got my log and pass and then downloaded the app from Google Play.

Lego

Last edited:

MustangDan74

Mar 1, 2012

Thanks guys, this is what I did and it seems to have worked. It's obviously not an ICS problem since there are guys using it without trouble.

kierandill

Feb 10, 2008
The ROM absolutely does matter. There are several apps that I cannot reload on CleanROM 4.2 from either pushing from the Play website or downloading in the Play store app. In the latter under "My Apps" it actually tells you it isn't compatible when click the app and go to its page.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just an FYI, I have a MLB.TV subscription and I had to edit the build prop to be able to watch games on the Rezound. I sent them an email requesting support for the Rezound so we will see what happens.
    To edit the build prop, you need root. Using root explorer, go to system, then bulid prop. Long press the build prop file and select "open in text editor". You will see two lines that read "ro.product model=ADR6425LVW" change them to read =Nexus S. Save build prop and reboot device. Now you can stream the games. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, GO Yankees!:D