[Q] Operating system

Search This thread

Tejus Mehta

Aug 17, 2014
Dear Friends i have Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 phone bought in india in 2012 december. The phone was working fine with operating system which came with phone. suddenly today i felt to change the operating system to latest android OS jellybean. let me tell you one thing i am not a guru in this type of things so i tried whatever i could see on internet and installed Android version 4.3.1, Slim version Slim-4.3.build.2-OFFICIAL-1334.
Now my problem is the phone is working only for making phone calls and receiving phone calls. i cant even do SMS from this phone & its completely different then how it was. moreover i am not able to install whatsapp on this phone. and i am not able to see any google apps on the phone. neither my contact list is visible i had more then 700 contacts . and when i go on internet via WIFI and try to download whatsapp it says there is NO DEVICE. i am now confused and i dont know what to do. please can any one help me with simple steps how can I get my old version back or atleast how can i get google play store on this phone. Another important thing i tried to connect through Kies but even thats failure my device does not get connected to Samsung Kies anymore. i am worried i hope i havnt lost all my contacts.:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Dear Friends i have Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 phone bought in india in 2012 december. The phone was working fine with operating system which came with phone. suddenly today i felt to change the operating system to latest android OS jellybean. let me tell you one thing i am not a guru in this type of things so i tried whatever i could see on internet and installed Android version 4.3.1, Slim version Slim-4.3.build.2-OFFICIAL-1334.
Now my problem is the phone is working only for making phone calls and receiving phone calls. i cant even do SMS from this phone & its completely different then how it was. moreover i am not able to install whatsapp on this phone. and i am not able to see any google apps on the phone. neither my contact list is visible i had more then 700 contacts . and when i go on internet via WIFI and try to download whatsapp it says there is NO DEVICE. i am now confused and i dont know what to do. please can any one help me with simple steps how can I get my old version back or atleast how can i get google play store on this phone. Another important thing i tried to connect through Kies but even thats failure my device does not get connected to Samsung Kies anymore. i am worried i hope i havnt lost all my contacts.:

You have to install the Google Apps as a separate install when dealing with most non stock roms. Surely the guide you were looking at mentioned that...? Weird that you are having issues with Sms as it's rare roms have that trouble. Which messaging app are you using? Your contacts aren't there because you wiped your phone, installed a new operating system, and didn't install the Google apps to resync your account. I'm confused on why you're surprised by that... Kies doesn't work on non stock roms and is a much inferior tool vs Odin. Also, didn't you do a nandroid backup before installing Slim? If so, you could just restore that and you would be back to the previous version in like 10 minutes. If you didn't...well, you weren't looking at the right guides then. I think Slim is 10x better than stock, personally but depending on the phone and version, there can be some minor issues.

I think that Whatsapp doesn't recognize your phone because of the custom DPI. If you set that to stock value, it should work.

Reactions: Tejus Mehta

gandhivivek96

Aug 8, 2013
Mumbai

go back to stock rom by flashing it via odin .then just refer to this links to understand all droid's stuff http://trendblog.net/guide-to-android-rooting-custom-roms-apps-2014-edition/ or http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone
and i have got list of good roms so refer this http://androidcure.com/best-kitkat-roms-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100/
now you are good to go for Flashing and using Custom roms !!:)

Reactions: Tejus Mehta

Tejus Mehta

Aug 17, 2014
You have to install the Google Apps as a separate install when dealing with most non stock roms. Surely the guide you were looking at mentioned that...? Weird that you are having issues with Sms as it's rare roms have that trouble. Which messaging app are you using? Your contacts aren't there because you wiped your phone, installed a new operating system, and didn't install the Google apps to resync your account. I'm confused on why you're surprised by that... Kies doesn't work on non stock roms and is a much inferior tool vs Odin. Also, didn't you do a nandroid backup before installing Slim? If so, you could just restore that and you would be back to the previous version in like 10 minutes. If you didn't...well, you weren't looking at the right guides then. I think Slim is 10x better than stock, personally but depending on the phone and version, there can be some minor issues.

I think that Whatsapp doesn't recognize your phone because of the custom DPI. If you set that to stock value, it should work.

Thanks for your reply.
How can install whatsapp as i am not able to locate play store icon on my phone any more. and you are correct about SMS my SMS is working. i was not seeing very well. please guide me how to install playstore and whatsapp

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Thanks for your reply.
How can install whatsapp as i am not able to locate play store icon on my phone any more. and you are correct about SMS my SMS is working. i was not seeing very well. please guide me how to install playstore and whatsapp

I told you why you didn't have the Play Store in the very first sentence. :confused:

http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/d...146-addons4-3/8845-slim-aio-gapps-4-3-build-2

Boot to recovery, wipe caches, install.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

go back to stock rom by flashing it via odin .then just refer to this links to understand all droid's stuff http://trendblog.net/guide-to-android-rooting-custom-roms-apps-2014-edition/ or http://lifehacker.com/5789397/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-rooting-any-android-phone
    and i have got list of good roms so refer this http://androidcure.com/best-kitkat-roms-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100/
    now you are good to go for Flashing and using Custom roms !!:)